• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Skibidi Toilet’ Film and TV Franchise in the Works From Michael Bay, Adam Goodman

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

As if it wasn’t ubiquitous enough as digital video shorts or games, “Skibidi Toilet” may be headed for a future as long-form content, too.

The controversial animated internet sensation is being developed for TV and film treatment by director Michael Bay and former Paramount Pictures president Adam Goodman, who sat last week for an exclusive interview about their plans for Skibidi on the latest episode of Variety’s “Strictly Businesspodcast.

“We are absolutely in talks right now, both on the television side and the earliest conversations right now on the film side,” Goodman said. “But it’s not a be-all, end-all for us.”

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Lmao wow. I guess they gotta get gen alpha in the theaters somehow.

And as dumb as the skibidi toilet thing is, if I were 10 years old I’d probably also think it was hilarious.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
What the fuck is a skibidi?

Skibidi gradually evolved into more than 70 1-to-5-minute mini-epics depicting the infinitely escalating war between the Toilets and the Cyborgs. Each video is explosive, violent and free of any discernible dialogue. Those qualities have won it a worldwide audience, not to mention the distinction of being a cultural icon Generation Alpha can truly call its own.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Skibidi gradually evolved into more than 70 1-to-5-minute mini-epics depicting the infinitely escalating war between the Toilets and the Cyborgs. Each video is explosive, violent and free of any discernible dialogue. Those qualities have won it a worldwide audience, not to mention the distinction of being a cultural icon Generation Alpha can truly call its own.
i dont want to live on this planet anymore GIF

Thing is, 3+ years from now (assuming it actually gets made fairly quickly), will anyone still care? It's an Internet meme / fad, this will be ancient history by then.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I dont want to think how they can make it into one fledged movie...

I've briefly looked into it.

This shit now over 70 episodes in and from what I can see, it involves humanity with giant robots fighting giant toilets with human heads. The toilets also keep muttering the word "Skibidi" for some reason? I don't know. Apparently, it has some really deep and thought provoking lore, but I'm not watching anymore to find out.

Here is the latest episode so you can have a taste of what Michael Bay will be giving humanity.

killatopak

Gold Member
Yeah, it's pure brain rot material. Even my 16 year old son thinks it's trash and he's the target audience.

A snippet of the kind of people interested in this.

Human Spider has fallen off :lollipop_crying:

Much prefer his earlier works without ai voiceover.

Dural

Yeah, it's pure brain rot material. Even my 16 year old son thinks it's trash and he's the target audience.

A snippet of the kind of people interested in this.

I don't think 16yo is the target. My two youngest, 2 and 6 at the time, were hugely into it last year. I've heard Everybody wants to rule the world a ridiculous number of times. My now 3yo still loves Titan Speakerman and Titan Tvman, he got a plush Speakerman and all the action figures for his 3rd bday last year. Still plays with them. My 15yo wants nothing to do with it and never did. It's like Transformers for this younger generation.

We're one step closer to the Ow My Balls future

I'm fucking old, and I'm too lazy to find proof - but the first meme on the internet I remember, back when it was just universities connected, was "ate my balls" which was in the format of a short 2 or 3 panel web comic, usually made up of VHS screenshots, with captions added, about how someone ate their balls. You'd wait like 5 minutes to download it then have a sensible chuckle and show your friends.

Ah the good old times, before hamster dance and gifs were invented.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

As someone who is definitely too old to know what this is.

I see it's the modern "lol so random" humor.

I guess the kids will love it, I imagine this announcement will be a fart in the wind with time, either will never release or will release too late and will be forgotten

IAmRei

I've briefly looked into it.

This shit now over 70 episodes in and from what I can see, it involves humanity with giant robots fighting giant toilets with human heads. The toilets also keep muttering the word "Skibidi" for some reason? I don't know. Apparently, it has some really deep and thought provoking lore, but I'm not watching anymore to find out.

Here is the latest episode so you can have a taste of what Michael Bay will be giving humanity.

Thanks...

But i find it disturbing for my taste. I guess i went old too fast

FeralEcho

It’s like society has split into 2 factions; intelligent people becoming too high off of enjoying thier own flatulence, and retards trying to outdo each other on the retardedness spectrum.

WTF ever happened to normal people in the middle?!
Normal people browse GAF
PNEd7fN.jpeg

FeralEcho

When you think about it...Social media has turned everyone's brains to feces.

It makes perfect sense to now bring awarness to the instrument where feces end up in.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I know I am old because I wake up thinking this everyday. I hope, that whatever diety is out there that finds me worthy enough to reincarnate me, reincarnates me in a time where I can be a space explorer. All I want to do is to explore the universe. I want to see what is out there and warn them, NEVER come to Earth.
What if either aliens were this dumb ?

Top Bottom