• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1st Xbox game slated for 2006

jedimike

It looks like Xbox will see continued support from developers even if Xenon is already available.

http://www.xboxworld.com.au/features/feature.php?idFeature=35

n_s_citizenzero.jpg

Thanks for taking some time out for us Paul. When can we see Citizen Zero in stores?
We are shooting for Xmas 05 for the PC version, with Xbox to follow shortly after.

Sadly, I don't know if Citizen Zero will ever be able to recover the development costs. This game would be the hottest game on Xbox if it was available now instead of 2 years from now. Great interview.

edit: everything's better with pictures

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't expect all the developers to jump ship from the current consoles for the Xenon. I mean we are still seeing PSone games being released for god's sake. Not everyone is going to have the big bucks to shell out for making next gen games right away.

Yikes, at least they were honest. Usually I would expect them to say something like March 2005, then in January 2005 you push it back to "Fall", then release it for Christmas. I guess these guys just know it won't be ready until late 2005 and aren't kidding themselves.

Mama Smurf said:
What is that smiley even meant to mean?

I think it's meant to mean that he doubts that it will ever see the light of day. Will this game require a monthly subscription fee? If so, I doubt it will be released either.

Slo

The smilie is :-o with the "-" removed. I don't think the image is representative of how I intended it.

jedimike

Here's a wild theory...

Micro Forte knows that Xenon will be backwards compatable or else they would have ceased development on Xbox version. It makes no sense to release a subscription based game on a deceased console.

They are still developing the game because it will still kick ass... on Xenon.

IgeL

jedimike said:
Micro Forte knows that Xenon will be backwards compatable or else they would have ceased development on Xbox version. It makes no sense to release a subscription based game on a deceased console.

I don't think MS really talks anything big to such a small developer. If they do, I'm surprised.

Rhindle

They still don't appear to have a publisher for this. And if they're not expecting to complete development until 2006, it's unlikely that they're going to get one.

It also explains why MS dropped the game.

Redbeard

Banned
jedimike said:
Here's a wild theory...

They are still developing the game because it will still kick ass... on Xenon.

Is it possible that MicroForte has a dev kit for Xenon, and can make the game compatible with both platforms (thus negating the need for backward compatibility)?

jedimike

Redbeard said:
Is it possible that MicroForte has a dev kit for Xenon, and can make the game compatible with both platforms (thus negating the need for backward compatibility)?

This might work if both systems were similar, but they are already struggling as it is. I don't think they have the resources to develop for Xenon & Xbox & PC. Especially without a publisher.

Top Bottom