• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2004 Summer Concert Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman

I saw Switchfoot at Summerfest in Milwaukee this past Friday night. They took the Piggly Wiggly Market stage a little after 10pm and proceeded to knock the place flat out. I had arrived at the stage an hourly early and still couldn't find any seating. So I stood at the back for probably 30-40 minutes listening to 8 songs, including a new one called Without Politicians before three people darted out allowing me and a couple of other standing room only shmucks to finally get a decent look at the performance. Thankfully they ripped out another 8 songs including another awesome new song, (When I) Look at the Stars, a song which may have the greatest hook riff of the year, before they performed their encore (Gone) and left the stage. The place was bouncing, people were screaming and almost everyone sang along. Beach balls were flying and Foreman's were jumping. Huge energy, TONS of bass, and it seemed like everyone was at the show... really, it was too bad they scheduled other performances that night because their show knocked the lights out.

The two new songs that I mentioned were pretty hard, maybe as hard as Meant to Live (MAF might like to hear about that) if not harder, so that may be an indication that their next album might be their hardest rock and roll album yet.

I don't really like them at all, but there is one noise in "Meant to Live" that gets me everytime... it's like

We were meant to live for sooo much more
But we lost ourselves
*best noise evar*

They have three guitarists, but it sounds as if they have one.. :-\

Iceman

No more Switchfoot hate. I get enough around here whenever I wear my "i like switchfoot" t-shirt. Emo band?!?!!! SHUT UP!

Greatest band ever.

But this thread is mostly for anyone to comment on the concerts they've seen or will see this summer.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Since Lollapalooza cancelled all I have left is Curiosa in late July. I'm looking to make an "end of summer" road trip sometime in late august, but I can't find a show worth going to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom