• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

SalsaShark said:
Goddamit i would have jumped into all of these instantly, fucking internet not working :((((((

Please let them be on the last day recap.

:( Yeah I've basically checked the store before work, during work and after work.

And now before work again. :lol

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Whoa....just noticed a little 'Daily Indie Deal' hidden on the packs page. What daily deal did I miss the last few days?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
mattiewheels said:
Whoa....just noticed a little 'Daily Indie Deal' hidden on the packs page. What daily deal did I miss the last few days?
In order:

Sol Survivor
Iron Grip: Warlord
Clones
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time (today)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mattiewheels said:
Never saw that either, nice. I'll pass on this, but what was there the past few days? (edit: I see, nothing that interests me really.)

Also, let it be known, enzo_gt will hate you forever if you don't pick up Blur.

MoFuzz

So if I was to buy a $10 or $15 game, is it possible to use the remainder of my paypal funds, which is sitting at $7.00 and pay the left over difference with credit card?

Shaneus said:
Mafia 2? Fucking SWEET! Thanks for the heads-up :)

Edit: Fuuuuck, it's US only! Is anyone able to buy it and PM/email me the code? More than happy to PayPal some cash (or gift something on steam that's an equivalent amount). I'm sure the code would work on the AU Steam client, just can't buy the game :/

I live in Germany but use the tunneling APP GoTrusted.

1-D_FTW

MoFuzz said:
So if I was to buy a $10 or $15 game, is it possible to use the remainder of my paypal funds, which is sitting at $7.00 and pay the left over difference with credit card?

If paying through Paypal? Yeah. It'll empty the 7 dollars and take the rest from your funding source (CC). You can't split payments on Steam, but it works perfectly if you just pay through Paypal.

1-D_FTW said:
If paying through Paypal? Yeah. It'll empty the 7 dollars and take the rest from your funding source (CC). You can't split payments on Steam, but it works perfectly if you just pay through Paypal.
Actuall you can. Add funds to your steam wallet using multiple accounts.

1-D_FTW

Luigiv said:
Hmm, how very odd.

Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition:
Au Pricing - $80 $40
US Pricing - $60 $30

Standard Edition:
Au Pricing - $40 $20
US Pricing - $50 $25

What a weird way to rip us off and then throw us a bone at the same time. Well that said, if any Americans are interest in the standard edition, Get it from the Aussie store. Not only is it cheaper on the label it's also tax inclusive.

Standard edition is 10.00 dollars

Scum

I've never been that interested in Mass Effect, but the first is £4.99 and the Deluxe edition for the second if £14.99. Should I or would I be fucking mad not to?

Nabs

Gerald Preston said:
Probably not the ideal thread to ask this but I'm trying to decide between Blur or picking up NFS: Hot Pursuit for $20 at D2D. Any thoughts?
Are you a Burnout / NFS fan? NFS is like Burnout Revenge + NFS, and it's pretty damn fun. Blur is great as well.

Hixx

Scum said:
I've never been that interested in Mass Effect, but the first is £4.99 and the Deluxe edition for the second if £14.99. Should I...?

Yes. Ignore the hate for the second, they are both absolutely brilliant games. £5 for the original is a steal, £15 for the DD of ME2 (my 2010 goty) also a great, great price.

teiresias

Decided to only get Risen, after reading up on it and realizing it's by the same people who did Gothic - I LOOOOOOVE Gothic 2.

This was sort of a prememptive strike to prevent me from double-dipping on Oblivion if it shows up on a daily, as I have vanilla Oblivion on disc. I found Gothic 2 more interesting than Oblivion for my tastes - Oblivion felt very generic to me. If Morrowind comes out for daily I'd probably grab that though, never played it, and I hear it's more interesting than Oblivion.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Wait what, NFS is $20 at D2D? Dammmnn. I may just have to pick that up. I can't see steam beating that price or the game going on sale at all. - Edit: Oh it's $25, Still not tooo bad.

Boo at mafia 2 amazon being region locked just as i thought. Let's find a legit solution around it shaneus :lol

Nabs

evlcookie said:
Wait what, NFS is $20 at D2D? Dammmnn. I may just have to pick that up. I can't see steam beating that price or the game going on sale at all. - Edit: Oh it's $25, Still not tooo bad.

Boo at mafia 2 amazon being region locked just as i thought. Let's find a legit solution around it shaneus :lol

i think there's a coupon that you can stack on top of that d2d deal.

Scum

HixxSAFC said:
Yes. Ignore the hate for the second, they are both absolutely brilliant games. £5 for the original is a steal, £15 for the DD of ME2 (my 2010 goty) also a great, great price.
Excellent!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hey homies, is there any difference between how Dragon Age Origins + Awakening and Dragon Age Ultimate operate in Steam? Like, if you buy Origins and Awakening separately, does it show up as 2 separate titles, and does Dragon Age Ultimate show up as one game?

Sorry for my poor grammar. It's not that I'm bad at English, I've just been drinking.

Gerald Preston

Neo Member
evlcookie said:

Use the coupon code grinch on the right sidebar to get it down to $20.

I guess my worries about NFS are that the release is going to get no support and the consoles are the only ones getting the DLC like burnout paradise.

Yaweee

I wish I had checked Alpha Protocol's minimum requirements before buying. I was hoping to play it on my laptop, but it runs much, much worse than Fallout 3, ME2, or Starcraft 2. Almost unplayable unless on the lowest settings and resolution, and even then there are a bunch of obnoxious hangs (like, 5~10 seconds to go the menu)

dream

Nabs said:
yeah it's a lot of fun, but you need people on your friends list to agree to pick it up as well.

That's what worries me...I have 1 friend who owns it and I guess Scarlet has it on her wishlist so I'll probably be stuck playing with randoms if there's even a online community for it.

Nabs

dream said:
That's what worries me...I have 1 friend who owns it and I guess Scarlet has it on her wishlist so I'll probably be stuck playing with randoms if there's even a online community for it.

yeah that sucks. wait and see if it goes on sale even further, and then gift it to some people.

Luigiv

Hmm, I have no Idea what was going on there. Now it's displaying correctly. I wonder what region I was getting before then?

Luigiv

Jay Shadow said:
Also, digital deluxe is 20, not 30. So the tag seems to be pretty worthless today.
Yeah noticed that as well. I think Steam glitched on me for a moment there, displaying the wrong US prices. Got it working proper now.

Nabs

Got Darksiders (7.50), Mafia II (12.50), and Dead Rising 2 (15.99). Pretty happy with my buys. These games are all fairly new, and look incredible on my computer.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Vaporak said:
Alright GAF, I'm a little interested in Darksiders. Anyone want to try and sell me on the game?

Its Zelda..... with an Apocalyptic setting.. and a GOW-like battle system... lengthy too. What else can you ask for?!?!?!

I bought the Humble Indie Bundle and Indie Fright Pack which has some good horror games including The Path, The Void and Penumbra Overture. Which should I play first?

Catshade

mikespit1200 said:
I bought the Humble Indie Bundle and Indie Fright Pack which has some good horror games including The Path, The Void and Penumbra Overture. Which should I play first?

Penumbra is the most frightening of them all.

Firehead

mikespit1200 said:
Penumbra -> The Void -> The Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom