• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
ColonelColon said:
People who bought Mass Effect might want to fix Garrus' face, which apparently was botched in the PC version.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1077937

Also the Bring Down the Sky DLC is free with the PC version but you'll have to register your ME CD Key at Bioware's site, get your Bring Down the Sky key and download the installer.

Here are the instructions:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/me1/galacticcodex/bringdownthesky_pc.html

It's a bit of a hassle but I think it's a nice piece of content and it's free.

Here's the Steam thread discussing the process. If you have any issues, there may be solutions in here.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786714

rbenchley

vocab said:
True, it has its problems though (UE3 specific). It's leaps and bounds better than the 360 version though. ME2 runs way better. Also, I don't understand why people are trying to get a controller working with ME2. The game is a thousand times better with a mouse and keyboard.
There are a lot of reasons for people to prefer a controller to KB/M. Speaking just for myself, a controller works better (more convenient in any case) if your gaming PC is hooked up to your television and the controller is easier on my hands and wrists as far as ergonomics go.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
rbenchley said:
There are a lot of reasons for people to prefer a controller to KB/M. Speaking just for myself, a controller works better (more convenient in any case) if your gaming PC is hooked up to your television and the controller is easier on my hands and wrists as far as ergonomics go.
There are some changes made to the game that just make sense with MKB.

ZZMitch

enzo_gt said:
Going to sleep now.

Will dream of HL1 and EP2 going on sale.

Goodnight GAF.

I dream of the exact same games!

They are less then 10$ together right now anyway... but they might go down by a buck or two so I wait!

Games I'm hoping are part of a daily deal:

Age of Wonders: Trilogy- 66-75%
Need for Speed: Shift- 75%
ARMA 2 expansions-75%
SimCity4 Deluxe- 75%
Bejeweled 3- 66% (no way)
Divinity 2- 75%

alright i just made my first purchases. I decided to go with alpha protocol because ever since it was released it looked like an interesting game, but also told myself i would wait for it to go on sale because of all of the negative reactions. My second purchase was Risen because i tried the demo and liked it. My final purchase was vvvvvvvv because it was 2 dollars

LovingSteam said:

ARMA 2 expansions-75%
SimCity4 Deluxe- 75%
Divinity 2- 75%
I'm nearly spent at this point. I'm just hoping to see SMB on sale again since the potato pack is apparently no more and I would like to see Tropico gold edition at $5 if possible.

Once I get those two games I'll move on to the Square mega pack and Paradox mega pack so that I can mourn the death of my wallet in private.

:(

Salsa

Far Cry 2 and Psychonauts

Petrie said:
This stuff is why I will never be able to go full PC. I crave organization and want something that is universal like my 360 damnit. Lame.

You can still add it to steam- it will just say "non-steam game" right next to it. But, double click it from steam and it will open like any other steam game. And, if the game supports it (which most do) you can still use the steam overlay in your non-steam game.

edit: as an example you can even add silly things like notepad and firefox to steam as "non-steam games"- pretty much anything with a .exe can be added.

IrishNinja

ME2 (vanilla) and indigo prophecy (eh, $5) for me today....man, the aribtrary "don't buy shit > $10 most times" thing in my head has kept me from AC2, darksiders, few of em so far :lol i guess i'm just nervous since there hasn't been too much i wanted yet, but we're not even halfway done...

Cronox said:
Throw in Beyond Good and Evil too.

i was thinking of this, but then i remembered the HD version coming out next year.

Joe Molotov

LovingSteam said:

ARMA 2 expansions-75%
SimCity4 Deluxe- 75%
Divinity 2- 75%

Super-cheap Divinity 2 has been my most wanted game since this sale started. Right now I'm having to make do with Gothic 4.

Leunam

Is there anything I should know about Mass Effect regarding bug/crash fixes? I can't seem to play more than 10 minutes without it crashing my computer.

szaromir

Banned
Can we expect Valve to hit on all cylinders in the next 2 days or not really? I'm thinking these two days should have really special offers, but I wasn't folling previous holiday sales.

luffeN

can someone help me? bought darksiders yesterday, installed, turned AA in the CCC to 4x, turned on vsync and set the game to 1920x1080 and when I start War is invisible plus there is like half a bubble around him with looks like fog of war XD

win7 64 bit, radeon 4870, p4 q6600 @ 2.7. graphics driver version 2010.1026.2246.39002

Druz

Laekon said:
I'd like to know this to.

The Witcher fist because it's more story based and you can blast through it. Length of game is relative to what you're going to do in each.

Risen second will allow you to enjoy the open endedness without being pressured to finish to start witcher.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
szaromir said:
Can we expect Valve to hit on all cylinders in the next 2 days or not really? I'm thinking these two days should have really special offers, but I wasn't folling previous holiday sales.
I expect to see some deep discounted on licensed stuff on the 30/31st, some of it expires and can no longer be sold after the new year, so FIRE SALE! Like what Sega did last year with Outrun, just before the Ferrari Licensing Agreement ran out for that game.

SmokyDave

Thank goodness the last couple of days have been underwhelming (for me). I've already bought more games than I intended to. I am eyeing up one of the Silent Hunter games though.

Holy crap, Bully Scholarship edition just released in my region! It is the first Rockstar game to do so! Is the port any good? I may just buy it if it is.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TheShampion said:
Holy crap, Bully Scholarship edition just released in my region! It is the first Rockstar game to do so! Is the port any good? I may just buy it if it is.
You know, it is a bit assholeish to release it the day AFTER the sale :lol

Salsa

TheShampion said:

Same here. Wasnt available yesterday when it was on sale :/

As for the game, i played it back then on my PS2 and it was awesome, thinking about replaying and ive heard good things about the port.

Drkirby said:
You know, it is a bit assholeish to release it the day AFTER the sale :lol

That`s true, but its still 50 percent off, which makes not buying it harder, but I got a X-mas party in like 30 minutes and I still haven`t showered so I can`t research it. C`mon PC GAF you`re my only hope! To buy or not to buy...

Nabs

dream said:
All I really want is NBA2K11. :(
if it doesn't drop lower than 20, you should still pick it up on the last day. i'd bet that it does drop a lil bit.

TheShampion said:
That`s true, but its still 50 percent off, which makes not buying it harder, but I got a X-mas party in like 30 minutes and I still haven`t showered so I can`t research it. C`mon PC GAF you`re my only hope! To buy or not to buy...

wait until the last day, who knows.

Blablurn

TheShampion said:

当然买!!

which means....

buy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It is supposed to be a good game, but I would wait till the last day. I think Steam did a "Second Chance" sale last year on the last day.

Acidote

q4tep.jpg

Nabs

sturmdogg said:
Thank God for relatives in the US. Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are mine! :D

must be real nice. we're all here trying to gift it to sanjay in the uk, and steam won't let us :lol

"Your purchase has not been completed.
The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method."

and i'm using steam wallet!

DeVeAn

Will the Mass Effects get any cheaper than $10? Demo ran awesome. Just beat it on 360 but would like to have on PC.

Also anything special about the Genesis games on steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom