• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Only Torchlight for me today. And only because I created a new account. Paid $5 for it when Mac Steam released too.

Omikaru

Nothing for me today. Or through this sale at all, actually.

I haven't bought a game for myself on Steam since October. Even this "discounted" New Vegas is cheaper in the shops.

Petrie

Banned
For someone who played just about through everything Saints Row 2 had to offer on 360, is there enough mods/other content out there, or any other reason to play it on PC? I'm definitely tempted.

Mairu

Picked up Overlord Complete Pack & Tommy Tronic (indie deal of the day).

Debating Saint's Row 2, I heard the PC version wasn't too hot. Also considering getting someone to get Fallout New Vegas for me (I don't have the PC version of 3)

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
How well does New Vegas run on older equipment? Thinking of possibly picking this up for my brother. He's on an 8800gt and dual core.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
At first I was pissed that there is nothing I want.

Then i realized this is the first day I haven't bought anything.

And it is only Day 5 of 13.

My wallet weeps.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just got Fallout GOTY, now that gets me $5 off New Vegas....these guys are drug dealers.

Firehead

Petrie said:
For someone who played just about through everything Saints Row 2 had to offer on 360, is there enough mods/other content out there, or any other reason to play it on PC? I'm definitely tempted.
I repeat, do not buy Saints Row 2. It's so poorly optimised, it won't even run properly on my new build.

Rur0ni

Oh well on the Borderlands GOTY. Missed sale. I'll get New Vegas once it hits GOTY status and has a sale. Purchasing Overlord Complete.

szaromir

Banned
How are Overlord games? Worth picking up? Complete pack or only O2? I mean not price-wise, just if I (or anyone) will ever bother to play them both.

fresquito

I'm glad I won't be spending money today :D

Most interesting stuff for me is Torchlight. Having bought The Witcher just two days ago and knowing Torchlight is a regular of special deals, I won't be picking it up.

Atrophis

1-D_FTW said:
Someone talk me out of the Ghost Recon pack for 9.99. Is there garbage in there? What's worth owning?

The original and expansion packs are still great. I recently played through them all.

GRAW 1 and 2...not so much.

Mihos

Gold Member
I held out on New Vegas because of the bugs and was waiting for the sale. Picked up that and Overlord complete pack.

suplex

Even though I already own it on disc, I'm in for BF2 just for the convenience of having it on steam.

Might get Torchlight too, after passing on it so many times.

clav

Nothing for me today although that 2D Indie Game pack gets more attractive every day.

Already bought a few for the Indie Humble pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom