• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
GREAT sales day today... by far the best yet. If I had a PC I would be buying almost every single one of today's deals... other days have only had ~2 good ones IMO.

Ceebs

1-D_FTW said:
Someone talk me out of the Ghost Recon pack for 9.99. Is there garbage in there? What's worth owning?
The original games are not bad. The GRAW games are honestly a step down in quality if I remember correctly.

TimmiT

Bought Overlord 2 because for some reason I only bought Overlord 1 and Raising Hell in the previous sale. Nothing else for me today.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Day 5 Steam Deals
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection | $5.00 - 75% off
Torchlight | $4.99 - 75% off
Fallout: New Vegas | $29.99/$24.99 - 40%/50% off
Sam & Max - The Devil's Playhouse | $9.99 - 71% off
Devil May Cry 4 | $4.99 - 75% off
Borderlands | 50% off all versions
Ghost Recon | 75% off all versions
CounterStrike Source | $5.00 - 75% off
Overlord | 75% off all versions
Saint's Row 2 | $7.99 - 75% off
Arma II | $9.99 - 75% off
King Arthur Complete Pack | $5.39 - 75% off
Tommy Tronic | $2.49 - 75% off

My Purchases So Far (With HB1 And HB2)
Aquaria
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection
Beat Hazard
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
Braid
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Chime
Deus Ex:Game Of The Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Gish
Lugaru HD
Machinarium
Mass Effect 2
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Osmos
Penumbra: Overture
Rhythm Zone
Super Meat Boy
Torchlight
Turba
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
World of Goo

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
EvaPlusMinus said:
How well does New Vegas run on older equipment? Thinking of possibly picking this up for my brother. He's on an 8800gt and dual core.

bump for new page, cuz I gotta split real soon.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm tempted for BF2, it's been years since I've played it and I'm curious to see if it still has a somewhat large community playing?

I'll try out King Aruthur and Indie Deal too later.

Firehead said:
Don't buy Saints Row 2. It's horribly optimised.
I absolutely agree that it horribly optimised. It is absolutely the worst console to PC port this gen in terms of performance.

However if you have a friend to play it with, it is still absolutely worth it, even with the horrible performance. Get 2, gift 1.

clav

I tried the Torchlight demo as it was on sale last month for Thanksgiving.

I kept feeling the game needs a WASD setup as it felt like a poor man's version of wow with terrible controls as it revolved all around the mouse.

Zachack

faceless007 said:
Hmm, what are the Ghost Recon games like? Are they like SWAT 4?
Not really. More like the original Rainbow 6 if you expanded it to a large open area, and all the various changes that would come with that. They're back from the era when the Tom Clancy/Red Storm games were big on a "realistic" experience.

GRAW was more of a tech demo but I had fun with it. Dunno about GRAW2.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Diomedeskun said:
All maybes for me. Probably DMC4, possibly King Arthur and Overlord, but I don't know much about the latter two. Anyone played either?

Overlord is by far the best deal in this entire sale, so far. I bought both for $60 each and was totally happy with those purchases. $2.25 for both titles is mind-boggling.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
King Arthur sounds like something interesting, I really like the Total War stuff.

Tempted to get BF2 and Ghost Recon pack so I can ignore the boxed version I have around here.

Probably won't bite though, Ghost Recon AW 1 and 2 were pretty generic shooters on 360. The original ones were amazing and pretty deep for the time but they've aged quite a bit from the looks of it.

So King Arthur it is!

Maddness

I might just be an idiot, but I've only ever tried to get into my account to add funds to my wallet through the blue linked "my account" link on the top right of the store page. But with this Holiday Sale it doesn't appear. How else can you get to your account from the store page to add funds?

Edit: Yep. NvM I found it. I am indeed an idiot.

Ceebs

claviertekky said:
I tried the Torchlight demo as it was on sale last month for Thanksgiving.

I kept feeling the game needs a WASD setup as it felt like a poor man's version of wow with terrible controls as it revolved all around the mouse.
I take it you have never played Diablo or any of the Diablo clones then.

thefil said:
Has anyone played King Arthur? The base game is $3.00, I'm tempted to give it a shot based on the trailer.

Yeah, I played through it and enjoyed every minute - it's a good mix of Total War-style RTS battles with a greater focus on leaders and heroes, RPG levelling up of stats, abilities and provinces, with an engaging storyline and a load of sub-quests set on a Risk/Rise of Nations-style campaign map - the campaign itself has you manage your provinces and economy within your territory to fund battles as you try to conquer all of Britain. The graphics are pretty nice, it runs well and for 85% off you can't really complain - well worth it if you're a fan of strategy games.

aktham

Ionic said:
I hear the PC version of DMC4 is actually quite good. Is it worth the $5?

At 5 bucks it's a steal. It's the best version of the game easily and has native xbox 360 controller support.

Zachack

Diomedeskun said:
All maybes for me. Probably DMC4, possibly King Arthur and Overlord, but I don't know much about the latter two. Anyone played either?
Overlord (I own but have not played O2, but IIRC it's apparently both better and worse) is like Pikmin mixed with Zelda/Darksiders. I thought it was too long but still felt it was fun enough to beat it.

It's a fairly unique experience, looks good, and has a decent sense of humor. Passing up on the price would be a mistake IMO.

Ifrit

parasight said:
Borderlands GOTY is included now. $25!

Still too expensive, was hoping for more today

DMC4 is pretty awesome and well worth the $5, I bought it at full price on 360 and I don't regret it one bit

I guess its only Torchlight for me today

Does the holiday sales run through January? Does the deals get better or worse past christmas time?

Today is probably the most tempting day since day 1. Sam and Max S3 definitely, though I am still on the fence on King Arthur, since I'm not sure whether my PC is powerful enough to run it.

1-D_FTW

Yeah. My urge for Ghost Recon has passed. Between the comments, watching the videos, and my backlog, I think I'll sit today out.

I mean it. Really. No games today.

UrbanRats

I'm interested in:
DMC4
Saint's Row 2
King Arthur

3 questions:

1) DMC4 is pad compatible?

2) SR2, how BAD does it run, on a i5750+5850+4GB ram?

3) Is it just a Total War bad clone, or is it actually good?

Owzers

The cheap gamer in me sees the $3 price on King Arthur and questions if the dlc is worth the extra cost. Anyone play the dlc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom