• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Man, i want to buy season 3 of Sam & Max so bad but i want to play season 1 and 2 first, why the hell do those never go on sale ? :( :(

Overlord complete pack for me today, debating DMC4.

njean777

Damn I'm waiting for metro 2033 to go back to 10$. I'm so angry I didn't have the money for it 2 weeks ago. Come on steam don't fail me! Oh and I don't want the complete thq pack cuz I have dow2 and all the previous Dow's already :(

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
hmm... kinda tempted by Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter... did patches fix the AI? Cuz that seems like it's the worst part of the game by far... I dunno. Any recommendations for that series?

Is DMC4 Games for Windows Live on Steam?

SalsaShark said:
Man, i want to buy season 3 of Sam & Max so bad but i want to play season 1 and 2 first, why the hell do those never go on sale ? :( :(

Overlord complete pack for me today, debating DMC4.
Telltale's site has been doing some good deals. They had season 1 for 4.95 the other day. Just watch that space.

Doopliss

I got bored before finishing Overlord but I still got about 9 hours of fun out of it, so for 52p it's definitely worth it. I dunno how much better the sequel is, you might be better off just getting that. The complete pack seems like it would be way too much Overlord though...

Ceebs

claviertekky said:
Nope. So I guess it's safe to assume if you loved Diablo, you will love Torchlight.
Almost the entire subgenre (which includes Torchlight) controls like that. I never once in the decade of playing those games felt that WASD control would improve them at all. If you want to play something in the genre that has direct control grab Deathspank (I think the 360 version of Sacred 2 has direct control as well.)

And Overlord pack is mine. I thought it was just Overlord 2 at first glance so I kinda ignored it.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
claviertekky said:
Is there a mod for WASD controls?

Its a diablo clone, why the hell would you want WASD controls? Not to mention I cant imagine them working gracefully in a isometric style like that.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If I got New Vegas, could I buy DLC anywhere I'd like or can I only get it through Steam?

stuminus3

Picked up the Ghost Recon bundle, even though I already own the original GR on retail disk and the GRAW games on 360. What an idiot I am. :lol

I enjoyed what I played of GRAW on 360, though... I just hated the controls and the screen tearing. No problems with that on PC!

$25 for New Vegas seems fair, but I'm still going to wait til after all the DLC is released and it gets a good GOTY bundle.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Chriswok said:
DMC4 hold up well on the PC?
DMC4 PC is one of the best examples of how to port a game to PC. It's extremely optimized, runs beautifully, and addition content that actually takes use of the addition power(Legendary Mode!!!! :O)

Zzoram

DMC4 is pad compatible yes. In fact it might even require one.

I'm going to get it.

Fallout New Vegas at $25 is tempting too.

mavs

I mistook King Arthur for some other horse-infused war game from a GB Quicklook. I would have bought that other game for $6, although I don't remember its name.

Edit: I was thinking of Warband, which I already own :lol

Plasma

Banned
mattiewheels said:
If I got New Vegas, could I buy DLC anywhere I'd like or can I only get it through Steam?

It's a Steamworks game so I'd imagine any DLC would only be up on steam or at retail with steam product codes.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
how many days of sales left? 10?

If I stay around 10-15$ a day I won't hate myself.

Toby

njean777 said:
Damn I'm waiting for metro 2033 to go back to 10$. I'm so angry I didn't have the money for it 2 weeks ago. Come on steam don't fail me! Oh and I don't want the complete thq pack cuz I have dow2 and all the previous Dow's already :(
I'm actually hoping it goes even lower, maybe $7.50.
Will still have to buy if it reaches $10, though.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
For anybody considering Overlord: It's Pikmin but instead of a cute spaceman you play as a fallen hero turned evil overlord seeking revenge on his fellow heroes. It lacks Nintendo's polish but makes up for it in some pretty wicked humor.

jiien

So how is ARMA II? The store page says something about exploring a large world, or something. Is it sort of like Crysis or Far Cry where you walk around across a large world doing stuff, shooting baddies as you go? Because if so, while leveling up proficiency with a tons of different weapons, and customizing, and what have you, sounds AWESOME.

UrbanRats said:
3) Is it just a Total War bad clone, or is it actually good?

It's actually good - although a Total War fan may be disappointed as the strategy isn't as in-depth, due to your heroes and leaders abilities which, if not used in moderation, easily turn the tide of battle no matter the situation, although saying that the AI does a good job of exploiting these abilities too. Personally I'd say that while the strategy side of it isn't as accomplished at Total War, it deserves to be set apart on the virtue of the RPG elements it brings to the table

sillymonkey321 said:
The cheap gamer in me sees the $3 price on King Arthur and questions if the dlc is worth the extra cost. Anyone play the dlc?

Yeah, the DLC is definitely worth it - especially The Saxons pack, which adds a new 30 mission campaign to the game. The Legendary Artefacts pack is good also, adding in a few difficult missions to claim some powerful artefacts, while the Knights & Vassals is the least impressive, but adds in a half a dozen good units.

New Vegas was one of my top 5 games this year. Still haven't explored half the map and I got too busy to finish it. Only downside is the soundtrack being a bit limited. Improves on Fallout 3 in many ways and only has a steps in the backwards direction which are inherent to Obsidian games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom