• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

ohhthegore said:
yeah I wanna know if its noob friendly at all

Youre gonna get killed a lot at first, then you get better.

So basically like any MP game, keep in mind that its been out since forever, so there's definetly some hardcore players out there.

Shadowlink said:
Counter-Strike Source worth it?
Don't know about in the US, but it's still the most played online game in South America. I heard it has gotten more balanced, but don't take my word for it.

Edit: And use mic at your own peril. :lol

Atrophis

stuminus3 said:
Picked up the Ghost Recon bundle, even though I already own the original GR on retail disk and the GRAW games on 360. What an idiot I am.

The GRAW games on PC are completely different. At least GRAW 2 is. I have GRAW 2 but no matter what i do have been unable to get it to run properly. So yeah id stay away.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Don't know about in the US, but it's still the most played online game in South America. I heard it has gotten more balanced, but don't take my word for it.

Edit: And use mic at your own peril. :lol
Many people still play the game, so I guess I'll just buy it. I'll think about using the mic. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dang, nothing for me today. I was hoping for New Vegas, but @ $30.00 I'll just wait. It's worth that much, but I have a feeling that it'll be less if I wait a few more months.

Minsc

Gold Member
I need a short sell on King Arthur, and a bigger sell on Borderlands, other than that, not much for me.

DMC4 is pretty awesome and looks great. If you like actiony games and already played Batman:AA, you can't go too wrong with it!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I always wanted to play GRAW just to see how they rendered Mexico City. But I heard that the PC version is not the same as the 360 one. Is this worth it for $2.50?

Not sure for how long, but Mass Effect deals are the same as yesterday still.

For LDK mode on DMC4, can you just download a save to get it to work? I've beaten the game multiple times on PS3 and don't want to go through on a low difficulty again.

For anyone on the fence, BUY TORCHLIGHT. I love that game so much.

windfish

Firehead said:
I repeat, do not buy Saints Row 2. It's so poorly optimised, it won't even run properly on my new build.

aw man good to know, i almost bought it just for the trailer alone, thanks for the heads up.
So far i bought nothing which is really curious, last year i already had like 20 new games. I am probably gettin a cheap bastard.. or its just more of the same old shit that can't convince me to leave my console comfy couch...i don't know, please Steam proof me wrong,...in both cases!
Merry Christmas folks
:/

ohhthegore said:

If you find the right server. But I consider CS the birth father of the online Dudebro fraternity.

Minsc said:
I need a short sell on King Arthur, and a bigger sell on Borderlands, other than that, not much for me.

Story Driven Total War-esque game, with a lot more RPG elements.

prodystopian said:
For LDK mode on DMC4, can you just download a save to get it to work? I've beaten the game multiple times on PS3 and don't want to go through on a low difficulty again.
I imagine there are saves out there. I carried mine between operating system changes and it worked.

clav

Zerokku said:
Its a diablo clone, why the hell would you want WASD controls? Not to mention I cant imagine them working gracefully in a isometric style like that.
All right then it's still a no buy. I just found it awkward using the mouse all the time.

naib

Got Risen yesterday, and getting GR complete today.

Loved GR2:SS on ex-box and GRAW on 360. Anyone know if the online community is active on PC?

Kayhan

Minsc said:

DMC4 is pretty awesome and looks great. If you like actiony games and already played Batman:AA, you can't go too wrong with it!

King Arthur is Total War with focus on Heroes and items/RPG.

Borderlands is shit. Boring and repetitive.

dream

Minsc said:

Ruroni and I need you for Borderlands. Is that a big enough sell?

Yeef

Borderlands is probably fun if you're into loot whoring. A lot of people seem to like it, so it must be good for people who are into that sort of thing.

I, on the other hand, greatly dislike it. It feels like an MMO. The story is barely-there and not interesting at all, so you spend the game just grinding quests and locations for levels and equipment with no real goal. It's pretty awful.

Ah, finally I can satisfy my mild curiosity for King Arthur. That's the perfect price for me! :D

Super Meat Boy
Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light
Recettear
Clones
Darksiders
King Arthur Complete

Jay Shadow said:
I imagine there are saves out there. I carried mine between operating system changes and it worked.

Great, thanks. There are design decisions that infuriate me about that game, but as a whole, it really is a good game. $5 for LDK mode might just be worth it.

cicero

Bootaaay said:
It's actually good - although a Total War fan may be disappointed as the strategy isn't as in-depth, due to your heroes and leaders abilities which, if not used in moderation, easily turn the tide of battle no matter the situation, although saying that the AI does a good job of exploiting these abilities too. Personally I'd say that while the strategy side of it isn't as accomplished at Total War, it deserves to be set apart on the virtue of the RPG elements it brings to the table

Yeah, the DLC is definitely worth it - especially The Saxons pack, which adds a new 30 mission campaign to the game. The Legendary Artefacts pack is good also, adding in a few difficult missions to claim some powerful artefacts, while the Knights & Vassals is the least impressive, but adds in a half a dozen good units.
Thanks for the mini-review! I am sold on it now.

Picked up DMC4, Battlefield 2 complete, and GR:AW2 today.

I feel kind of stupid buying BF2, since I already own it on disc and just purchased Bad Company 2 earlier this week, but BF2 was one of the first online games that I really got into, so I figured it would be nice to have on Steam for memory's sake. I already own the first GRAW on PC, so I just got the sequel. DMC4 was a re-buy. (Had it on PS3, but had to sell my PS3 and all its games a couple of years ago when I was unemployed)

Anyways, I'm still doing well wallet-wise. Didn't buy anything on day 2 or 3, so I don't feel so bad about impulse buys today. Only about 37 dollars spent so far - much better than previous sales.

Shadowlink said:
Counter-Strike Source worth it?

It is still the biggest multi-player fps on PC.

ohhthegore said:

No. But it is rewarding and has some of the very best gunplay around. If you are good with the kb/mouse then that will help.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Snuggler said:
Dang, nothing for me today. I was hoping for New Vegas, but @ $30.00 I'll just wait. It's worth that much, but I have a feeling that it'll be less if I wait a few more months.
It's $25 if you have Fallout 3. Don't have that through Steam, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom