• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking King Arthur for sure, and probably BF2--this package still retails for $30 most places (absurd, I know). Eh, I may as well throw in the Overlord collection for $3. :lol

I'm not sure I'm ready to get hardcore 'bout it enough for ArmA II...

samoset

I did not think I would be happy that I could not find anything on sale. Luckily this will bring down my $10+ daily habit for this sale.

Carlisle

I thought I was gonna get New Vegas at $30, but it still seems a bit high after thinking about it... It'll be $30 (at least the disc version) before long and even lower not long after that. I think I'll hold off since I haven't even finsihed FO3 yet and I've already amassed a massive backlog in just the last 3 days, not to mention the dozens of games from years passed.

Just probs just DMC4 for me today then.

This is my first Steam sale with a decent gaming PC and it's absolute murder on my wallet. Oh the days of only buying the occasional $0.49 indie game...

LovingSteam said:
It includes:

* The award-winning Neverwinter Nights (more info)
* Two hit expansion packs, Shadows of Undrentide (more info) and Hordes of the Underdark (more info)
* Game modules from the developers of Neverwinter Nights
* BioWare's Aurora Toolset, for easy mod and game creation
* All patches and updates

That's NWN 1.

Blast Processing said:
Gold doesn't have Storm of Zehir, does it?

Yeah, it looks like NWN 2 Gold doesn't have SOZ. I thought they already had a bundle with both expansions.

Marc :D said:
Encountering much higher leveled/better equipped units early in the game. Is this true? is it still fun?

Well some of the missions you encounter early on will probably be too difficult for you and the game doesn't do a very good job of indicating this, but winning battles has a lot to do with capturing control points on the battlefield, which helps your troops morale, which in turn can be helpful against better equipped troops. However, if you do get stuck, there's always a bunch of other stuff to do to gain experience and once you get used to the game and all the things it asks you to multi task, you shouldn't really have many problems, although there are a couple of notorious difficulty spikes here and there.

filipe

ARMA 2
Battlefield 2
Overlord Complete Pack
Super Meat Boy

I couldn't pick up SMB when it was on for 4 bucks, but at 50% it was still worth it.

SaskBoy

Ugh. I am so tempted on New Vegas but I don't think 29.99 is a good enough deal.

I am tempted to buy it for PS3 just so I can play on my 40 inch TV and I can get for 39.99 on Boxing Day.

What's GAF's opinion?

Where do I start if I want to get into Sam & Max? Considering getting season one, but not sure if it would be better to start at Hit the Road.

Also, started playing PoP 2008 today, such a gorgeous looking, relaxing little game, I don't get all the hate it gets at all..
yet

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
BF2, King Arthur and Overlord collection mine.

Sucks though, I already own overlord 1, why cant I gift it to someone else :( boo. Oh well same price either way.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bootaaay said:
Well some of the missions you encounter early on will probably be too difficult for you and the game doesn't do a very good job of indicating this, but winning battles has a lot to do with capturing control points on the battlefield, which helps your troops morale, which in turn can be helpful against better equipped troops. However, if you do get stuck, there's always a bunch of other stuff to do to gain experience and once you get used to the game and all the things it asks you to multi task, you shouldn't really have many problems, although there are a couple of notorious difficulty spikes here and there.
Quest was asked early, how is the DLC+Saxon's Exp

Krakn3Dfx

elementman said:
Where do I start if I want to get into Sam & Max? Considering getting season one, but not sure if it would be better to start at Hit the Road.

None of the seasons are really connected in any way, there are subtle references to events and characters in past seasons that you probably won't get, but honestly, you could start with any season and enjoy it. Devil's Playground is definitely the best looking/controlling season so far. They added run, which picks up the pace quite a bit.

Krakn3Dfx said:
None of the seasons are really connected in any way, there are subtle references to events and characters in past seasons that you probably won't get, but honestly, you could start with any season and enjoy it. Devil's Playground is definitely the best looking/controlling season so far. They added run, which picks up the pace quite a bit.
Thanks! I think I'll skip the old game for now and go for the Telltale ones, staring with season one. It would feel wrong not to play them in chronological order.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Settled on Civ IV Complete and Pirates.

Still have $10... I want Mini Ninjas but maybe something different will come up? I highly doubt it will get cheaper, but I bet the Splinter Cell games will. How are Splinter Cell 1 and Chaos Theory on PC? Can you use the 360 controller? I got Hitman: Blood Money several months ago and it was a total nightmare to control, so I just deleted it.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Nothing really for me today, disappointed / relieved. I kind of want F:NV, but $30 is still a bit much. I think I'll just gift one of my friends an indie pack instead.

Divinity II: TKS tomorrow plz.

I'm scratching my head about the rockstar complete pack.

I'm looking for action adventure that'll run on my netbook, (intel graphics ,3gb ram) and I really want Vice City. So if I end up fixing my desktop, i'll be able to play GTA4

Dipswitch

I think I'm safe again today. I snagged Episodes from Liberty City for $7.50 yesterday on Amazon, so that's really all I want for the year. I'll keep an eye on the sales, but I'm only about $20 in the hole since the sale began. So far so good!

elementman said:
Also, started playing PoP 2008 today, such a gorgeous looking, relaxing little game, I don't get all the hate it gets at all..
yet
That's probably why, right there. It's a pretty easy game that gets a bit repetitive. I liked it a lot
other then the ending
but I can see why others don't.

classicdms

Neo Member
SaskBoy said:
Ugh. I am so tempted on New Vegas but I don't think 29.99 is a good enough deal.

I am tempted to buy it for PS3 just so I can play on my 40 inch TV and I can get for 39.99 on Boxing Day.

What's GAF's opinion?
It has 360 controller support. Plug TV into PC. Play on your couch with the better running PC version.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That'll teach you not to hesitate. You need to figure out your no-doubts prices beforehand.

shintoki said:
Quest was asked early, how is the DLC+Saxon's Exp

Pretty worthwhile for the price - the Knights & Vassals is the least interesting, adding in 6 units to the game, but the Legendary Artefacts pack is good as it includes some tough missions that I personally enjoyed and rewards you with some very helpful items. I haven't played all of the Saxon expansion, but it's definitely worth it, with a 30 mission campaign that lets you customise the ultimate victory objectives and isn't constrained by the need to complete objectives to progress the story - also, free of a main storyline the expansion includes a deeper diplomatic system that lets you make alliances through marriage, recruit wandering heroes and the negotiate for assistance from factions such as the guilds and the church. It also includes a bunch of new heroes, leaders and items, the only downside being that it doesn't at all change the appearance of the campaign map or battlefields from the main game.

kamspy

SalsaShark said:
eh.. did DMC4 just went up to 10 dollars ????? i thought it was 5 before..

Yup. And I was about to buy it. Gotta thank Capcom for this one. I probably wouldn't have played it.

dani_dc

And here I was considering actually buying DMC4.

I did think there was something off with Capcom actually doing an worthwhile sale for a change :lol

Just the Overlord pack for me.

I might be interested in the Indie daily deal Tommy Tronic, but I tried the demo and I could never get it to run. Always got a black screen after the intro logos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom