• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Swords and Soldiers HD is in my cart.

Already played through it on Wii but ive been wanting to doubledip, guess it wont go lower than 5 bucks.

Im still gonna wait though since banks are closed tomorrow and i have about that much money left on my CC right now.

Salsa

You guys are so lucky. Its summer over here, with summer vacation starting Jan 1st, so im probably gonna go overboard with this sale and wont have any money left for my vacations :( goddamit

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
While you all discuss sales, I just want to share some of the goodness that has come from the sales: CO-OP!

deadrising22010-12-241jrua.jpg

deadrising22010-12-241rtgo.jpg

SalsaShark said:
You guys are so lucky. Its summer over here, with summer vacation starting Jan 1st, so im probably gonna go overboard with this sale and wont have any money left for my vacations :( goddamit
If you call going to school in 20 degree weather lucky.:lol
Stallion Free said:
While you all discuss sales, I just want to share some of the goodness that has come from the sales: CO-OP!

DR2 pics
I thought somebody had tried to make luffy at first. Oh, and La Shawndra?:lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:

You won't need that money when you have a great line up of games to sit inside and play all summer.

Teknoman

bee said:
saints row 2 ran fine for me when we played it in co-op, 30-40fps with max settings, was running 1680x1050 back then though. it's a fun game, for a while at least, still got some old screens in my fraps dir :p

1rmjm.jpg

27mnc.jpg

:lol wtf:lol

Bought Saints Row 2 for 2,50€, probably worth it for the character editor alone. Now if only I could get the download to run at a stable rate.. :/ It fluctuates between like 7 kb/s and 1.5 MB/s, constantly.

Jokey665

Okay so I bit on the Claptrap DLC for Borderlands today... as well as the Bethesda pack :lol bringing my running total to an embarrassingly large 173.40, averaging about $34 per day but only like $4.50 per game.

What are the requisite mods for the bethesda games?

Dr.Acula said:
Crap! Wanted Mass Effect, go to Christmas party, yaddayaddayadda, I miss it.
It'll be back in the final day sales (it is usually a recap).

Namco Bandai/Bethseda can eat a dick. New Vegas special offer is pretty much a full priced retail game.

hlhbk

Wanted to post two things:

Devil May Cry 4 runs awesome! I have it for 360 and the PC version blows it away! What a port! Anyone on the fence get this ASAP!

Darksiders is amazing. To those who said to buy it thanks!

BrettWeir

Only saving grace for this sale has been Just Cause 2. The rest of the sale has been pretty awful.

On a positive note, thanks GAF for all of the compliments about JC2. Wouldn't have even bought it if it weren't for GAF. Frickin blast.

hlhbk

BrettWeir said:
Only saving grace for this sale has been Just Cause 2. The rest of the sale has been pretty awful.

On a positive note, thanks GAF for all of the compliments about JC2. Wouldn't have even bought it if it weren't for GAF. Frickin blast.

This sale has been amazing. I have no idea what you are looking at!

Hey guys, I have a question about using steam with 2 computers. I'm getting a laptop in a couple of months and I was wondering if I can have my steams games on both my desktop and laptop at the same time?

BrettWeir

Lostconfused said:
Probably at the massive list of games he already got on sale so now he has to play them instead of buying even more games on sale.

After stepping back and looking at it, it's not this....it's that I have played about everything and honestly have no care if any of my games are Steam integrated, so feel no need to double dip.

Guess it's my fault for already have played so many games.

AmericanNinja said:
Hey guys, I have a question about using steam with 2 computers. I'm getting a laptop in a couple of months and I was wondering if I can have my steams game son both my desktop and laptop at the same time?
Yes

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Reposting my Darksiders issue since everything gets lost in here and I don't feel like bumping a year old thread.

So I properly cleaned out my drivers, now I'm on Catalyst 10.10e again (Bless those drivers)
And I still get dips to around 22 fps in Darksiders when there's shit going on. Sure it only happens when I'm in SUPER DEMON form but I'm fighting like 2 enemies when it does it.

This is in the intro area too so if that intro stage is just shitty like that then that's fine I guess.

- Specs -
ATI/AMD Radeon HD5870 1gB
Core2Duo E8500 @ 3.16ghz
4gB DDR2 ram
Some shitty Motherboard (Asus P5N-D)
Super awesome HDD (It's average really)
Windows 7 64bit. (Why would I even use 32bit Win7?)

Thanks in advance bros. (I might be getting an i5 soon anyway so if my CPU is just too weak I'll just wait)

dani_dc

DMC4 actually fell down in the charts since it went down in price.
It's worth noting that the sale chart is ordered by revenue and not units sold, meaning that capcom is actually making less money at the higher price :lol

I simply don't know how anybody could be disappointed by the sale so far. IMO its by far Valve's greatest sale for Steam yet. Usually they'll have 5-7 games as part of the daily deal; this sale has 12 games daily. More packages than ever. More indie packs than ever.

Big-E

LovingSteam said:
I simply don't know how anybody could be disappointed by the sale so far. IMO its by far Valve's greatest sale for Steam yet. Usually they'll have 5-7 games as part of the daily deal; this sale has 12 games daily. More packages than ever. More indie packs than ever.

Ya I don't see how either. Don't forget we also had a little sale leading up to this.

Mush

Is anyone else having problems loading the Steam purchase page? I've been trying all day, I figured it might be high traffic or something. If I can't do it soon I might have to get someone to buy what I want for me. :/

Big-E said:
Ya I don't see how either. Don't forget we also had a little sale leading up to this.

Yup. It's crazy. Just looking at the size of this thread, I'd say people are enjoying it quite a bit. Last year, it wasn't until day 10 of the sale hit page 130; this year its on day 5.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
LovingSteam said:

I think it has more to do with learning from past sales that I won't play hardly any of the games. So it's a waste of money regardless of the sale price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom