• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
SalsaShark said:
oBpr8.png

THAT'S RIGHT IM GOING THERE

wish me luck
The game is good... just poorly put together in most segments especially gameplay, expect your team mates to kill themselves often then moan about being revived.

Worth the £5 I paid last summer however.

Salsa

kennah said:
You're going to play something!?

im going to play the fuckin Scourge Project man, talk about horrible reviews. And not only by critics.

I just have hopes that i'll be able to get some laugh out of it since im going co-op with a friend :p

sn00zer said:
Kay so I dont want to spend more than $20 (but would like to spend all 20 of it :D )
What to do

-Darksiders (loved Okami seems right up my ally)
-The Witcher (havent played an RPG in years)
-RE5 (love actiony games)
-Burnout Paradise (Its fuckin Burnout)
-Just Cause 2 (demo was fun)

I like shorter actiony games just because I dont have a whole lotta time being in my last year of college (hece why im a little shaky on getting the Witcher)

First thing you should do is get Burnout Paradise from EA Store FOR FREE.

Hahaha, playing Steam games. Steam is only to make huge backlogs, play 5 minutes and change the game until you realize you spent hundred of dollars and you aren't playing any of them.

Ceebs

Oh man, I forgot both Serious Sam HD games are just 7.50 right now. Must resist urge to shoot while running backwards.

IMACOMPUTA

Sgt.Pepper said:
Hahaha, playing Steam games. Steam is only to make huge backlogs, play 5 minutes and change the game until you realize you spent hundred of dollars and you aren't playing any of them.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention that i should kill myself.

Rufus

scitek said:
What kind of game is The Witcher comparable to?
Mass Effect (or any third person, non-open world RPG), only you're alone and you fight with swords and magic. There are three different stances when sword-fighting that you switch through depending on the type of enemy you are facing. You click rhythmically to keep combos going. Not too involved, but it's not entirely stat based this way. The magic is either defensive, offensive, buffs, de-buffs, that sort of thing. I have only dabbled in magic. You will not max out all your abilities, so you have to chose who you develop your character, what fits your play style best, etc. There's no morality bar and you might not notice right away how one or the other decision will affect the world around you until you see the consequences. At least for the very first time it happens, then it becomes more obvious. It depends on the difficulty, but alchemy is also more than a trite diversion in this game. It can make difficult fights rather easy and figuring out what monster you will likely encounter and preparing yourself and your blades for it is fun in and of itself. You will find yourself picking flowers for recipes. And there's fucking. You get trading cards for it. It's juvenile, yes, but you will forgive it that. Maybe you will even enjoy it, who knows.

Salsa

Ceebs said:
Oh man, I forgot both Serious Sam HD games are just 7.50 right now. Must resist urge to shoot while running backwards.

im sorry man, but you NEED to own these games..

specially if youre planning co-op

sn00zer said:
Kay so I dont want to spend more than $20 (but would like to spend all 20 of it :D )
What to do

-Darksiders (loved Okami seems right up my ally)
-The Witcher (havent played an RPG in years)
-RE5 (love actiony games)
-Burnout Paradise (Its fuckin Burnout)
-Just Cause 2 (demo was fun)

I like shorter actiony games just because I dont have a whole lotta time being in my last year of college (hece why im a little shaky on getting the Witcher)

Burnout Paradise is free right now from EA UK.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416940

Ceebs

SalsaShark said:
im sorry man, but you NEED to own these games..

specially if youre planning co-op
I know they are awesome. I have the originals and played the hell out of them. The double pack is on my last day list.

Guess I'm gonna double dip on Dead Rising 2 PC.
loading times/stable framerate/achievements will make it my defacto/replay version. Will still play Case West coops with buddies though.

I passed on Darksiders the first time, picked it up this time. I think that's my last game of the sale.

Here's what I picked up this time around:
  • Darksiders
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
  • Peggle Complete Pack
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition
  • Super Meat Boy

deleted

Mh, my credit card company doesn't allow me to buy any other games... Wanted to gift a copy of SMB.

Is this an issue that comes up often, when you make many little transactions?

Ceebs

xyla said:
Mh, my credit card company doesn't allow me to buy any other games... Wanted to gift a copy of SMB.

I have been putting 50 bucks in my Steam Wallet so I am not charging my card a few times every day from the same place.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Really tempted to get ME 1 and 2 for 20$ this time around. Sitting in my cart. I have them for the 360.

Ive spent quite a bit on this sale, around 120 or so. Makes sense they would repeat sales midway through so people can buy them before the holiday break ends.

I really want a Tomb Raider collection to go on sale. Tomb Raider Anniversary and legend and underworld for like 15$.

I also find it remarkable Steam has gotten me to invest in it since i am one of the biggest Anti-digital distribution moterfuckers around.

I still think hell will be paid the day Steam servers decide to suddenly stop carrying some games people bought and realize they no longer own them.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
My damage so far has been

The Ball
Overlord Pack
Fear 1 Pack
Oddbox
SMB
The Witcher
Flatout: UC

Now where is Bloodlines on that list....

xyla said:

Yes, this is fairly common. If you are having problems, the best thing to do is to use the Steam wallet - put $50 or $100 in there and you can kiss those obnoxious tiny charges goodbye.

Salsa

Metalic Sand said:
My damage so far has been

The BaLi
OverLOrd Pack
FEar 1 Pack
ODdbox
SMB
The WItcher
Flatout: UC

Now where is Bloodlines on that list....

You just need a game with an N now

OK, I managed to stop myself from buying Darksiders because I want to play it on my 360/TV, but I can't find any reason to not buy Lara Croft.. If I have no friends to play it with, will it still be fun as a single player game?

I'm so getting The Witcher though..

deleted

echoshifting said:
Yes, this is fairly common. If you are having problems, the best thing to do is to use the Steam wallet - put $50 or $100 in there and you can kiss those obnoxious tiny charges goodbye.

Will do that. Glad that today is a recap. Would have been hard to get that thing working again on Christmas day 2nd.

REV 09

This holiday sale hasn't been too great for my wishlist. I've only purchased the Witcher. Still have Dawn of War 2 plus expansion, World in Conflict, Ruse, Mafia 2, and Metro 2033 left on my list.

First week haul was pretty brutal:

-Prince of Persia 2008
-Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
-Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
-Flight Control HD
-Winterbottom
-Super Meat Boy
-Recettear: An Item Shop Tale
-Just Cause 2
-Alpha Protocol (gifted to me)
-Darksiders
-Sam and Max Season 3
-Fallout: New Vegas (makes up 25% of total costs)
-Overlord Complete
-Lara Croft GoL (gifted to me)

I gifted:
-Just Cause 2
-Mass Effect 2
-Winterbottom

Total so far: $96.95 USD

Oh the humanity, someone stop me.

Son of a bitch. I guess my paypal account "expired" after I didn't renew my credit card info. My debit/banking info is still there, but I can't buy Monkey Island 2 FFFFUUUU

deleted

disappeared said:
Son of a bitch. I guess my paypal account "expired" after I didn't renew my credit card info. My debit/banking info is still there, but I can't buy Monkey Island 2 FFFFUUUU

Mh here to, I can't buy anything with my paypal account either. A NoGAF friend has the same problem atm. I think its a problem on Steams-Side...

Erasus

So far I got:

PoP:The forgotten Sands
P.B Winterbottom
The Witcher
Darksiders
Red Faction: Guerilla
Assassins Creed II
F.E.A.R 2 + Reborn

I already have ME games and DA:O or eler I would be all over those.

And on the EA Sale I got BC2:Vietnam , Dead Space and Burnout (free yo)

Total=?? :lol Spelling it out like that fucking makes me panic

~Kinggi~

Banned
How does steam handle CDkeys for Dragon Age? I bought it yesterday but havent received any emails about keys. Do i need to download it first and then it will give me keys?

~Kinggi~ said:
How does steam handle CDkeys for Dragon Age? I bought it yesterday but havent received any emails about keys. Do i need to download it first and then it will give me keys?

Yeah just download it, you'll get them when you need them. Many Steam games don't require that the user enter a key at all, and I've never seen a key required before installation. You'll see it, no worries.

edit: There's also a link on the far right side of your library to CD Keys for any games that need them. I don't have Dragon Age but I can't imagine why it would work differently.

Hixx

~Kinggi~ said:

Right click on it in your games list and then 'view CD keys' or something similar.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
~Kinggi~ said:

It should show you the keys in a pop-up when you launch the game. Or right click the game in your library and choose View CD Key.

Wallach

Solideliquid said:
I just got Braid on my macbook pro it plays beautifully. I wish Super Meat Boy was on MacOS as well.

It's in development, and the game is SteamPlay so if you buy now you'll automatically get the Mac version when it goes up.

Anyone know of a way to add small amounts to your steam wallet or another intermediary? I have a couple giftcards with $0.40 - $1 on them and I'd like to pick up The Witcher.

kennah

echoshifting said:
Yeah just download it, you'll get them when you need them. Many Steam games don't require that the user enter a key at all, and I've never seen a key required before installation. You'll see it, no worries.
You have to register the keys with EA to get your DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom