• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Today the vanilla Borderlands 4-pack is also 50% off (IIRC only the GotY 4-pack was last time?), I wouldn't mind hosting that at $7.50 a piece if we can get enough people. Anyone interested?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just bought Mass Effect 1 and 2 and AI War. God damn ive spent about 170 so far and there is still a week of sales left. god damn

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just did a quick test on darksiders. Setup is C2D E7200 @ 3.6, 4850 512mb gpu, 4gb ram, w7 64bit, 1920x1200 and no AA (im sure it wasn't enabled).

60+ fps inside and 40+ outside. No issues.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
evlcookie said:
Just did a quick test on darksiders. Setup is C2D E7200 @ 3.6, 4850 512mb gpu, 4gb ram, w7 64bit, 1920x1200 and no AA (im sure it wasn't enabled).

60+ fps inside and 40+ outside. No issues.

Game is a CPU beast. Shit eat cycles like candy :lol

MoFuzz

jj984jj said:
Today the vanilla Borderlands 4-pack is also 50% off (IIRC only the GotY 4-pack was last time?), I wouldn't mind hosting that at $7.50 a piece if we can get enough people. Anyone interested?
Need a copy for a friend. Can paypal immediately. Any more takers?

Yeef

Was disappointed in today's retread sales, but then i got gifted Vampire: Masquerade from a friend and that made everything better.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, at least I can pick up Super Meat Boy as a gift for my brother, which I didn't think of doing till Wednesday (When I got the idea to give him the gift of a steam account loaded with indy games)

DeVeAn

Been playing Red Faction, pretty fun mindless game. Love that I can get achievements that add to my LIVE account and play the nicer version.

luffeN

guys! does lara croft and the guardian of light on PC have online coop? it just says multiplayer on steam so I am not sure.

edit: thx :)

Glix said:
This method BUGS out on me sometimes. I'm using direct USB connection to the pc, and sometimes, I will hear the usb device disco/reco noise, and then the DS3 isn't emulating a xbox360 controller anymore...

Its been annoying, happening a lot with Strangers Wrath
It was a little difficult to set up, but it tends to work for me.

gotee12

Glix said:
This method BUGS out on me sometimes. I'm using direct USB connection to the pc, and sometimes, I will hear the usb device disco/reco noise, and then the DS3 isn't emulating a xbox360 controller anymore...

Its been annoying, happening a lot with Strangers Wrath
The disconnect/reconnect was happening with me a lot until I swapped USB extension cables. Unshielded USB extension cables drop the connection quick when the controller gets a vibration command. Now that I'm using a shielded one, I've had zero problems with MiJ.

In other news, AI Wars tells me that some maps may take up to 7 hours to complete. o_O

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
jj984jj said:

I'm interested, if you need another.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
tahrikmili said:
EU3 is $10 and Heir to the Throne is $5, 50% off each.

Are these new secret deals or were they at this price all along?
Whole time, but no one cares about Paradox. Of about 50 people on my Friends List, Only Evilore has played the game (And he seems to have played everything, so he doesn't count!)

Drkirby said:
Whole time, but no one cares about Paradox. Of about 50 people on my Friends List, Only Evilore has played the game (And he seems to have played everything, so he doesn't count!)

Well I'll definitely get these before the sale runs out but I'm hoping we get a bundle deal at some point, maybe EU3 complete + Hearts of Iron 3 or something I don't know..

Easy_D

never left the stone age
TheExodu5 said:
You talking about Darksiders?

Doesn't run that amazingly. I have a Q8300 @ 3.0GHz and a GTX 275, and I get regular dips down to 30-40.
I was under the impression that it was a solid port with exception to the lackluster graphical settings. So it turns out it's a shitty port :D. Reminds me a bit of when I bought Red Faction Guerrilla "OH IT RUNS FINE ON DUAL CORES"

I try it out, runs like shit, apply DX9 mode, runs great. Bomb a building, slows down to a crawl. I'm in a terrible mood right now :lol. First the whole Oddbox fiasco and now a game I really want to play runs like shit :D

Edit: I'm gonna stop whining now and just play the damn game as I doubt there's much I can do about it :)

sn00zer

$15 dollars so far

Batman: GotY
Overlord 1+2
Witcher: Director's Cut

4 games: $15
How people are spending in the hundreds is beyond me...

Chris R

I wish the ps3 drivers weren't so damn buggy. Had constant bsods trying to use a 360 controller with just cause 2 so bad infact I just reinstalled windows (perfectly fine since, ill just use my wired 360 controller and not play any dpad heavy games for awhile :( )

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Iadien said:
I'm interested, if you need another.
Okay, so that's 3.

I'm hosting Borderlands 4 pack and looking for a 4th.

1. jj984jj
2. MoFuzz
3. Iadien

This is the vanilla game for $7.50 a piece.

kai3345

Banned
Ok I got it working with the USB plug, but when I calibrate it, it isnt detect the movement of my analog sticks but its detecting my button presses just fine.

trinest

So I looked at the line up today hoping for epic sales.

Then I noticed its essentially day bloody one.

is tomrow going to be day 2? bloody hell Steam put some different or better games up.

trinest said:

is tomrow going to be day 2? bloody hell Steam put some different or better games up.

Steam will have more new sales tomorrow.

TheFatOne

kai3345 said:
I did that and I went to load the drivers for the controller but when I went back to quick start, it didn't detect the controller

Same thing happened to me. I restarted my computer and everything worked. Try restarting your computer.

Truespeed

rhfb said:
I wish the ps3 drivers weren't so damn buggy. Had constant bsods trying to use a 360 controller with just cause 2 so bad infact I just reinstalled windows (perfectly fine since, ill just use my wired 360 controller and not play any dpad heavy games for awhile :( )

Sony should get of their high horse and release the DS3 drivers for the PC. We know they're in the SDK, so just release them. But, if you did want the official drivers, well, you now know where they are.

Netto-kun

Bought the first Mass Effect game, but I probably wont play it till I finish Batman: AA.

kai3345 said:
Ok I got it working with the USB plug, but when I calibrate it, it isnt detect the movement of my analog sticks but its detecting my button presses just fine.
Try rebooting your computer. "Vibration Testing" didn't work and I had the same problems as you me until I did the reboot.

Kabouter

Drkirby said:
Maybe it's also your friends list that's the problem :p

Glix

gotee12 said:
The disconnect/reconnect was happening with me a lot until I swapped USB extension cables. Unshielded USB extension cables drop the connection quick when the controller gets a vibration command. Now that I'm using a shielded one, I've had zero problems with MiJ.

In other news, AI Wars tells me that some maps may take up to 7 hours to complete. o_O

AWESOME! I'll just shut vibe off. And yes, I'm using a cheap extender, well done sir!!

vocab

trinest said:

It's a recap. Read the banner.

kai3345

Banned
grr im so close. I got my left analog stick working but in FPS games (specifically TF2) I can't get the right stick to be what controls the aiming of my gun

WEGGLES

Not to be a dummy buuuut....
MrvTs.png

How does that work?

6GB downloaded total, but I've downloaded 10+gb of Dragon Age: Origins.

(Not complaining, as I do have a cap)

Glix

WEGGLES said:
MrvTs.png

How does that work?

Those numbers NEVER match, no matter what I'm downloading.

clip

WEGGLES said:
MrvTs.png

How does that work?

Top number is for current usage. Did you download 4gb yesterday?

WEGGLES

clip said:
Top number is for current usage. Did you download 4gb yesterday?
No, bought it today and started it today. I've paused the download, but that didn't reset it.

Which one is the real number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom