• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatzCU said:
Is BFBC2 worth double dipping on? I have it on 360, but my PC could probably run it at max. Might pick up the FEAR complete pack as well.

I have the same dilemma here...

only to play with friends I will double dip :lol

Dr.Acula

Banned
LCfiner said:
This is what Steam Sales do to my limited bandwidth up in Canada.

I haven't even downloaded ME2 or Overlord or Red Faction: Guerilla. jeesh :(

96LqJ.png

I'm not your buddy, guy!

balladofwindfishes said:
What are the chances Mirror's Edge will be one of the sales.

It's 25% off right now, but I'm not sure if I should wait and see if it goes lower, and just get it now. I'd really love to see it 75% off (5 dollars), but I'm just not sure it will get that low, since it's a fairly old, B tier game.
Fairly high; it shows up in these and weekly sales regularly. It was down to $4.99 during the summer sale this year.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Unknown Soldier said:
Because it's a strong candidate for GOTY 2010?
But it's not called Super Meat Boy...

Because it's a great shooter/RPG hybrid?
Because there are two of those.

Because it's made by Bioware?
When I have two of theirs I haven't finished yet.

Because you'll want to be ideally carrying over your Shepard from ME1 -> ME2 -> ME3 to see the ultimate consquences you made all the way back at the beginning of the story?
Because I played through ME1 with a friend at his house and never owned it myself.

No reason at all, really. :lol
It's the kind of game I either hardly ever touch, or play through in a single very sleep-deprived week. I don't know how moderation works with this genre... I think maybe it's the conversations. I don't want to play for an hour only to have held 3 conversations and done nothing, so I decide that finishing the next event/arc is the important thing, but then getting to the end of it always seems to be a 4-5 hour project.

What to dooo...

dakilla13

Hey guys can I run BF: BC2? I really want to get it but I'm not sure my comp can handle it.

Specs are AMD 4200+ X2, 2GB RAM, HD4850 running at 1680 x 1050.

dakilla13 said:
Hey guys can I run BF: BC2? I really want to get it but I'm not sure my comp can handle it.

Specs are AMD 4200+ X2, 2GB RAM, HD4850 running at 1680 x 1050.
Should be able to run it fine. Maybe not max though.

Blizzard

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:

It's 25% off right now, but I'm not sure if I should wait and see if it goes lower, and just get it now. I'd really love to see it 75% off (5 dollars), but I'm just not sure it will get that low, since it's a fairly old, B tier game.
Mirror's Edge is quite a good game in my opinion, and it has been on sale for $5 already like...3-4 times, I believe.

n0b

G_Berry said:
Urg, epic sale fail today. Most / all have already been on sale.

Hope it doesn't continue like this until the 2nd!

All of them have. "Second Chance on these top deals. New deals start again tomorrow."

Isn't reading a useful thing?

Snuggler said:
Hey Valve, if you're reading this, please sell me Mirror's Edge tomorrow for $2.50.

thanks
I'd totally bite that. I want to buy Darksiders, but I have $15 dollars left in my paypal account so I'm really careful not spend them in $10 games. =/

Salsa

Mirrors Edge can easly go down to 2.5USD, wouldnt surprise me.

At that price i would doubledip

With that said, give me fuckin Far Cry 2, i'll keep saying this everyday.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'd go for Far Cry 2 at a low, low price. It was a pretty cool game. Was it ever modded to add more wildlife or anything like that? That would be neat.

On a different note, I'm tempted to buy Lara Croft but I already have soooo many games to play.

y/n?

Blizzard

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
Ha, I was willing to go for 5

If it's 2.50, all the better for me, it means I'll have more money to spread around to more games.
I should probably admit I'm biased with Mirror's Edge. I apparently liked it so much that I have gifted it to 6 different people thus far, in addition to beating it many times and messing with the "unofficial" map editor. Just this week I've finally started getting some 3-star times in the time trials. Some day I may get them all. :)

Xzior

Snuggler said:
I'd go for Far Cry 2 at a low, low price. It was a pretty cool game. Was it ever modded to add more wildlife or anything like that? That would be neat.

On a different note, I'm tempted to buy Lara Croft but I already have soooo many games to play.

y/n?
Buy it, resistance is futile.

Ceebs

Hoping for a Tomb Raider (Anniversary, Legend, Underworld) pack around 10 bucks or so. I would like to have them all again since I had some for consoles I no longer own.

Also further discounts on Serious Sam and Swords & Soldiers would be nice.

Stitch

Gold Member
Snuggler said:
there are so many dumb things in far cry 2 that need to be fixed and you want more wildlife lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Stitch said:
there are so many dumb things in far cry 2 that need to be fixed and you want more wildlife lol

quadruple the zebras, add some tigers and shit and I'm set

anyways, I just purchased Lara Croft since you guys told me to

Forkball

Goddamn the download speeds are so pathetic. What's causing this? Too many people downloading games? GET OFF SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM. I changed to the Ukraine and it's better, but not by much.

Oreoleo

balladofwindfishes said:

Mirrors Edge has been on sale so many times on Steam. I'll be more surprised if they DON'T drop it to 5 dollars.

chixdiggit

I spend way too much time just browsing my library trying to decide what to play. Steam needs to add a randomize button. When clicked it randomly launches one of your installed games.

Sophia

How annoying. I missed out on the Batman Arkham Asylum sale simply because my debt card was declined due to some error on Steam's end.

Now I'm going to miss out on BFBC2's sale. Joy. :\

chixdiggit said:
I spend way too much time just browsing my library trying to decide what to play. Steam needs to add a randomize button. When clicked it randomly launches one of your installed games.
I know I can't wait to randomly get Deathmatch Classic or Ricochet, and immediately exit since a total of 2 people play those games

The times it picks an indie game I have but haven't played yet would be cool though

Salsa

I got BC2 a couple weeks ago on Gamersgate for 20 bucks. Im even tempted to doubledip cause i want to have everything on the same place :/

MrMephistoX

I don't think I made out too badly:

Fear Collection
Darksiders
Resident Evil 5
Dead Rising 2 for $15 because I bought RE 5
Super Meat Boy for 3.95
Bully

grkazan12

Want to get F.E.A.R just to have it on Steam,but don't know if I should go for Fear only or for the pack. Can anyone comment on Fear 2? I loved Fear 1.

Parham

Banned
grkazan12 said:
Want to get F.E.A.R just to have it on Steam,but don't know if I should go for Fear only or for the pack. Can anyone comment on Fear 2? I loved Fear 1.
FEAR 2 isn't nearly as good as the original, but it is still enjoyable.

Sophia

grkazan12 said:

It's not as good as the original. It's not bad per se, but you'll be disappointed if you have too high expectations.

Dambrosi

Banned
Meh, just went for FEAR + expansions this time round. Don't want FEAR 2 yet.

So, my damage so far stands at:

Burnout UB (not from Steam, but FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
Deus Ex Collection
Darksiders
FEAR + expansions
Flatout UC
Mass Effect 2
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Shattered Union

All for only £17.26. Not even twenty quid.

Not going to last into next week, though.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I felt like FEAR 2's combat was much better than the first game's, and that's saying a lot. It's definitely not as scary as the first game, though.

Sophia

Chacranajxy said:
I felt like FEAR 2's combat was much better than the first game's, and that's saying a lot. It's definitely not as scary as the first game, though.

Yeah, the combat's better, but the level design just isn't as good as the first one. Likewise, the A.I can be... awful in spots.

At the half way point I've spent a bit more than I wanted to, but not badly. $80+ for:

Oddbox
PoP: the Forgotten Sands
Super Meat Boy
Puzzle Quest
Wings of Prey
Mass Effect 2
Darksiders
King Arthur Pack
Ghost Recon Pack
SC: Chaos Theory
Tropico 3 Gold
Red Faction
Red Faction 2
FlatOut
FlatOut 2

Ceebs

Shaneus said:
New Big Game Hunter by Crytek? The only game that caters to redneck PC nerds!
I bet that is a larger market than you would expect. I have met quite a few total hillbillies here in Georgia that have beastly PC setups.

Meier

Witcher for $5 is absurd but I know I'll never play it again. I wonder if it's worth buying on Steam just in case they give me a discount on the next one. :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
WEGGLES said:
Not to be a dummy buuuut....
MrvTs.png

How does that work?

6GB downloaded total, but I've downloaded 10+gb of Dragon Age: Origins.

(Not complaining, as I do have a cap)
I think the files are compressed when you download them, so you had downloaded 6GB, which when uncompressed, turned into 10.6GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom