• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Mirror Edge for me :D
Anyone that didn't get Humble Indie pack 2 should definitively get Machinarium.

Might get Killing Floor.

And Capcom :lol

So far for me:

The Witcher (double dip to avoid dealing with patches)
Super Meat Boy (double dip because it's retarded cheap)
P.B. Winterbottom
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY(triple dip) (I'll be mad if it's a daily deal)
F.E.A.R.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (double dip to play with friends on PC)

Salsa

I would jump on NWN2 but i have to be realistic, im gonna play The Witcher (wich at least has a similar atmosphere) before that and its gonna take me a while..

Minsc

Gold Member
There's no way to say meh to Mask of the Betrayer, buy NWN2!

Not sure what to think about Victoria / Victoria 2, look like spreadsheets from the screens :)

Nothing for me today. NWN 2 is really tempting, but I have to be realistic here. It will be months (years?) before I get to play all of them. By then, there will be another sale for it.

Ceebs

Lostconfused said:
This could be renamed to sale of RPGs. You can get all the best western RPGs for less than $100.
Except Bloodlines ;)

PS. The Killing Floor deal is better than the one a few weeks ago. It includes all the DLC.

UrbanRats

ninj4junpei said:
I broke and bought Super Meat Boy. :( I don't find the idea of playing as a sentient chunk of meat to be appealing, but I do like indie platformers.
Type "petaphile" in the character selector screen, and you're all set.

graywolf323

bought NWN2 :D

seems odd it doesn't include all three expansions? the third one can't even be bought now that they pulled NWN2 from most DD sites

Minsc

Gold Member
sillymonkey321 said:
I bought the first NWN at the gog sale....i should probably play that and then wait for NWN 2 to be cheaper Xp

NWN2: MotB >>>>>>>>>>>> NWN 2 > NWN

$10 is a damned steal, one of the best RPGs out in a long time, and I've yet to hear a single MotB hater!

On the other hand, just about everyone hates NWN.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
What's Neverwinter like? I think I played a bit of it before and I didn't like it. Can't remember, though. Is this like Titan's Quest or something?

An-Det

Neverwinter Nights and Mirror's Edge for me. Tempted on the Victoria games and Cities, will need to check them out more first.

zoku88

I already have Machinarium and Victoria 2... but I'll prolly get NWN 2.

Oh wait, NWN2 seems to have already appeared in my cart.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Eaten By A Grue said:
Woah NW2 is 30GB!!!! :lol

Fucking hell and I was seriously considering buying it :lol :lol :lol

I just find the D&D gameplay too slow. I am tempted by it but really... that stupid D&D system pisses me off.

sn00zer

Lol just showed my dad Machinarium ealier today...when the demo ended all he said was "Get me that game" dumb luck its on sale today as well

joesmokey

Tempted to double dip on Mirror's Edge. I completed the PS3 version but I only went through it once on the frustrating no guns challenge.

Petrie

Banned
Been thinking about diving into Eve for awhile, and have a 3 week trial I'm sitting on. If I buy this now, will the month included get added onto my trial period, or will I be better off buying and not installing from Steam yet?

I was going to buy Mirror's Edge but then I remembered that A. I don't have a NVIDIA card anymore to use PhysX and B. I still haven't finished the damn game on PS3. :lol

Yeah, nothing for me today.

At this rate, Crysis will be on sale on the very last day. Fucking EA!

Yeef

Picked up Serious Sam and KOTOR.

I already own KOTOR on Xbox, but I don't consider it double dipping since I got it for free thanks to an error on Gamestop.com's behalf.

vocab said:
lol wut? It says 9 for me.
Relix said:
Fucking hell and I was seriously considering buying it :lol :lol :lol

I just find the D&D gameplay too slow. I am tempted by it but really... that stupid D&D system pisses me off.

Oh fuck I am delirious after shoveling for 3 hours. I have 30GB free on this partition I have Steam on. :lol :lol :lol

kennah

sn00zer said:
Lol just showed my dad Machinarium ealier today...when the demo ended all he said was "Get me that game" dumb luck its on sale today as well
Such a good game. Lots of great memories playing it and tales of monkey island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom