• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
joesmokey said:
Tempted to double dip on Mirror's Edge. I completed the PS3 version but I only went through it once on the frustrating no guns challenge.
Well I guess you don't like Mirror's Edge enough to play the best possible version. Oh well, still a great game.

Corto

kennah said:
Someone please post the list or all of us at work?

Killing Floor Bundle
Mirror's Edge
Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition
Machinarium
Tom Clancy's Hawx 2
Eve Onlinbe: Incursion
Cities XL 2011
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum Edition
Street Fighters IV
Victoria II
KOTOR
Lost Planet 2

dani_dc

Ceebs said:
Except Bloodlines ;)

PS. The Killing Floor deal is better than the one a few weeks ago. It includes all the DLC.
Hadn't noticed that. Definitively makes me glad I skipped on that deal :D

On another hand that Serious Sam deal really tells me to jut skip deals in the future unless it's 90% off or I really want the game :lol

d[-_-]b

Banned
Eaten By A Grue said:
Oh fuck I am delirious after shoveling for 3 hours. I have 30GB free on this partition I have Steam on. :lol :lol :lol
3 HOURS WTF? I've been at it 1 and a half taking a break lol.

kamspy

Yeah, Lost Planet 2 is $15.99 if you already own LP1.

Hmm. I remember renting it on 360 and thinking the gameplay was fuck awesome but everything about the front end brought it down. Couldn't pause in single player mode, etc.

I bet it's damn purdy on PC though...

vocab

Petrie said:
Been thinking about diving into Eve for awhile, and have a 3 week trial I'm sitting on. If I buy this now, will the month included get added onto my trial period, or will I be better off buying and not installing from Steam yet?

I think it gets added with the trial time.

I bought:
EVE
NWN2

NWN2 shocked me.

sillymonkey321 said:
"Hard Drive: 5.5 GB space free"

Why does it only say 5.5GB on the requirements page? 5.5GB download and then 30GB to install?
See my correction post on page. I am delirious from shoveling snow for 3 hours. It is 9GB.

d[-_-]b said:
3 HOURS WTF? I've been at it 1 and a half taking a break lol.
Goddamn plow covered the entrance to our sidewalk on the corner with a 10 foot hill of snow. I had to chomp away at it with the snow blower for like 2 hours. Then shoveled for a hour.

Hakkuei

Lumine said:
Tempted to double dip Mirror's Edge. Hmmm..
Tempted to double dip on Mirror's Edge. I completed the PS3 version but I only went through it once on the frustrating no guns challenge.

4k7h1d.jpg

DO IT

Zachack

Karram said:
Bought Mirror's Edger and Serious Sam. Alos is NWN similar to Dragon Age ?
Sorta, just with a horrendous interface.

Bought NWN2, even though I have MOTB on disc and got NWN/SoZ last year during D2D's sale. Nice to have one single installable package.

Also, I thought I read that Westgate wasn't worth the wait or the money?

Another good sales day for me:

Mirror's Edge (Double dipped, played the console version, one of my top ten games in '08).
Neverwinter Nights 2 (Played it back in '06, I was horrible at it. Since, I'm good at CRPG now, I'm hoping to play it and of course love it. Damn, nearly have all of Obsidian's game in my library.)
Knights of the Old Republic
Serious Sam HD

Time to go to the bank to deposit some checks, so I can keep buying games!

Thermite

I've been tempted to jump on KOTOR since the Christmas sales started because it was only $5.99. I'm glad I waited! ;D

Edit: Think I'm going to double dip on Mirror's Edge, as well..

Volcynika

SilverLunar said:
Where is Red Alert 3?? :(

Nothing for me today.

Still five more days for C&C to show up! EA's game of the day is Mirror's Edge. Dead Space will be in there somewhere, probably something else as well.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
kamspy said:
Like Dragon Age but better?

Really? I loved DA but this gameplay is based on D&D... and I really fucking hate the D&D system. =/. Its my main detriment. So slow.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
So does anyone here have an idea what's going on?

I purchased orange box. The games are in my library, I can't install them yet, because apparently the payment is still processing. I haven't received a confirmation yet.

I can however, install Portal for some reason.

Anyone gone through something similar?

Erudite

Minsc said:
NWN2: MotB >>>>>>>>>>>> NWN 2 > NWN

$10 is a damned steal, one of the best RPGs out in a long time, and I've yet to hear a single MotB hater!

On the other hand, just about everyone hates NWN.
Where would you say Storm of Zehir sits in that ranking?

1-D_FTW

Easy day for me. They'll be no hard temptations.

Volcynika said:
Still five more days for C&C to show up! EA's game of the day is Mirror's Edge. Dead Space will be in there somewhere, probably something else as well.

Crysis games.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nothing for me. Most of these are blah and too high. Looking at you Capcom. Criminal selling SF4 for $14.99 on a Steam sale. It's more than you can find for the console version now and two iterations behind.

JudgeN

I wonder if Mystery of Westgate is compatible with the steam version? I will certain replace my box version of NWN2 gold with a steam version if it is. Also wonder if retail game saves will work with steam version.

Oh what the hell, I bought Knights of the Old Republic. I would look into Neverwinter Nights 2, but between Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, and The Witcher, any desire I have to play a WRPG will be satisfied and then some.

Piano

Banned
Definitely going to get Mirrors Edge to replace my 360 version, but I'm not sure if I want Serious Sam or not....

I played the first one a long time ago...is there really any reason to get the HD versions?

Minsc

Gold Member
Well I picked up NWN2: Platinum, hopefully my digital copy of Westgate will eventually get modded to support it.

Seeing people complain about such an incredible RPG being "too slow" is sad. It's not an action game! You're supposed to read and think and enjoy the strategy and story.

Question about the Steam version of Lost Planet 2: I heard that this version has problems with the GFWL integration. Is it true? Can I play it online with my gamertag? Does it unlock the GFWL achievements as usual? Thanks!

Volcynika

1-D_FTW said:
Easy day for me. They'll be no hard temptations.

Crysis games.

And wasn't the Sims something also recently added to the registry like NWN2?

Question about the Steam version of Lost Planet 2: I heard that this version has problems with the GFWL integration. Is it true? Can I play it online with my gamertag? Does it unlock the GFWL achievements as usual? Thanks!

I think it's fixed now, took about a month-ish to fix though. :/ (Check the Steam forums)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yes! NWN2 was suppose to be up on Steam years ago. I was afraid to hope when Loving brought it up in the other thread. They had the forum for it up for a long as time :(

Anyways, I am going to buy the shit out of it.

I would buy LP2, but I won't play it unless I have 3 buddies getting it as well and none of mine will make a leap of faith at that price. Plus I am in the middle of DR2 co-op anyways.

Just as a heads up, Machinarium is some seriously low-res art. It's gorgeous, but it kinda fails at 1080p on my TV and fills like a quarter of the screen. :(

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Guess I'll grab serious sam.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Day 7 Steam Deals
Mirror's Edge: $4.99 - 75% off
Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition | $3.99 - 90% off
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platnium | $9.99 - 50% off
Street Fighter IV | $14.99 - 505 off
Machinarium | $2.99 - 85% off
Lost Planet 2 | $19.99 - 50% off
EVE Online: Incursion | $4.99 - 75% off
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 | $33.49 - 33% off