• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
JonStark said:
How is NWN2 ? Any good ? My king of Wrpg is Fallout / Planscape / Arcanum.

You'll love MotB if you liked those games. It's one of the closest things to Planescape Torment you'll play.

I am curious about Neverwinter Knights 2, but need to be convinced. If someone could mention what makes that game stand out, in comparison to other western rpgs.

I was going to pick up all the Killing Floor DLC just to give them support but it says I own them all already . . . ? I don't remember buying them all. I know I bought 1 or two of them.

Weird. Anyone else have this happen?

fresquito

Minsc said:
Well I picked up NWN2: Platinum, hopefully my digital copy of Westgate will eventually get modded to support it.

Seeing people complain about such an incredible RPG being "too slow" is sad. It's not an action game! You're supposed to read and think and enjoy the strategy and story.
You can have these things while having a great combat system (or you should, at least).

Baha

speculawyer said:
I was going to pick up all the Killing Floor DLC just to give them support but it says I own them all already . . . ? I don't remember buying them all. I know I bought 1 or two of them.

Weird. Anyone else have this happen?

Right click Killing Floor and check downloadable content just to make sure.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So is Mirror's Edge worth getting? I've heard some people bitch about it a lot, but some people seem to really love it. Who should I believe!?!?!??!!?!?!?

JudgeN

Minsc said:
Well I picked up NWN2: Platinum, hopefully my digital copy of Westgate will eventually get modded to support it.

Seeing people complain about such an incredible RPG being "too slow" is sad. It's not an action game! You're supposed to read and think and enjoy the strategy and story.

Whats the odds of it working with retail game saves? Please give me good new :lol

NWN2 is so good, Get it if you can. Jumping straight into MOTB is going to be rough unless your familiar with 3.0 since its and epic level game. The normal NWN2 story is pretty good, fun characters. MOTB is fucking fantastic though.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I picked up Darksiders on impulse and I'm fucking loving it. I'm crazy tempted to try NWN2, but I remember playing it a long time ago and really not enjoying it. But I also think my PC couldn't handle it properly. I'm a giant fan of Dragon Age and all that, but I'm not so sure...

10 bucks, though... I've spent a good 65ish bucks so far on Steam (well, 12 of it was from Amazon, but I installed it through steam, and 10 of it was a gift, too) If I loved DA and it's gameplay, should I enjoy this?

Relix said:
Really? I loved DA but this gameplay is based on D&D... and I really fucking hate the D&D system. =/. Its my main detriment. So slow.

Dragon Age and NWN are both spun from the Baldur's Gate series, which is also D&D.

mm04

Jumped in on Mirror's Edge. Oh how lovely it is to have a good PC this year. Last year, my rig was old and slow. It's great to get these PC versions of console releases I couldn't see myself spending console game pricing on. Borderlands GOTY, Batman AA GOTY, Burnout Paradise, FEAR 2, Just Cause 2, Mafia 2 (Amazon, but downloadable on Steam) and now Mirror's Edge for $63 total. And to top it all off, 60fps with triple buffering on all of them. :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Chacranajxy said:
So is Mirror's Edge worth getting? I've heard some people bitch about it a lot, but some people seem to really love it. Who should I believe!?!?!??!!?!?!?
It's an amazing game on mouse and keyboard. And artistically.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Volcynika now owns Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum, not used, Neverwinter Nights 2 Expansion 1, Neverwinter Nights 2 Expansion 2, Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum - Map Editor, Power Of Defense.
:lol I think Steam wanted to add the 3rd Add on, but couldn't get the rights in time. Most likely why there is a "not used" you get that links to nothing.

Piano

Banned
Chacranajxy said:
One of my favorite games of all time.

BloodySinner said:
I'll nab Serious Sam. Also, I don't think Capcom is being serious.

EDIT: Is it possible to purchase more than one of the same? I'm getting pretty tired of making my purchases separate.

On a side note, the funniest part about these Steam impulse purchases is that I'll play the bought games for a few minutes and delete them off my drive, with the exception of Mass Effect, then just go back to playing Team Fortress 2.

eznark

Banned
Pretty sure I bought NWN2 on some other DD service but I can't remember which one. May as well get it on Steam though, right!

I'm 99% sure I am going to get NWN2 since it has both Betrayer and Zehir. I don't like to impulse buy so I'm going to think about this for a bit.

Machinarium for $2.99... sounds like a good price for that kind of game. I couldn't spend $19.99 on something like that (sorry guys who made it :\) so it's also on the potential buy list.

Cities XL is a game I've been wanting to get but not for that price. If it were around $9.99 I would probably bite.

The daily indie deal, Power of Defense... looks weird based on the video on the store page, is that game any good? I'm always up for a good tower defense game that brings some innovation to the table, but this just looks, weird. If I can't figure out what's going on from a video that usually scares me off.

My wish list for the rest of this week:

Drakensang
Hinterland
VtM: Bloodlines (yes I've joined the chorus for this game, further cementing the fact that it will never go on sale again...)

The only thing that could make this better if Obsidian is getting a cut from the sales.

Van Owen said:
Awesome, although there were a few story connections in your example. :p
Idea is the same. Obsidian taking bioware's work and making it their own. I don't think there are any story connections between 1 and 2.

fresquito

Chacranajxy said:
For me it's a very good game. I didn't have any problems beating it without firing a shot (although you, of course, can fire if you feel like firing). It's only six to eight hours, and is more of a platformer than anything else. I think many people thought it was a different kind of game: their mistake. If anything, it reminds me of games like Super Meat Boy, where you can die a lot, but you still try and try. It's just so much more easy and in 3D.

Story is forgetable and graphics are awesome. Probably the best IQ I've seen in any game. Art direction is fantastic. At 2.5€ it's a damn steal.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
cartman414 said:
Dragon Age and NWN are both spun from the Baldur's Gate series, which is also D&D.

Yeah I know, but its more about the battle system for me. This miss... hit... thing kinda pisses me off sometimes. Ah what the fuck, hopefully my CC will work today

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Argghhh, if BG and DA are using a similar combat system as NWN2, then I'm going to bite. Is the story good? Is this a good MP game, or better off solo?

EvaPlusMinus said:
Argghhh, if BG and DA are using the same combat system as NWN2, then I'm going to bite. Is the story good? Is this a good MP game, or better off solo?
They are similar not the same. Different DnD variants and DA:O is their bastard child.

Minsc

Gold Member
JudgeN said:
Whats the odds of it working with retail game saves? Please give me good new :lol

Pretty low, but I'll check Westgate compatibility and save compatibility as well in ~2 hours when the download is done!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So does ME contain the Time Trial mode? Or is it DLC on PC, too?

DaBuddaDa

NWN2 Platinum for $10 is amazing. I'm gonna have to grab that. I think I'll add KOTOR for $2.49 too. Four great/classic RPGs for $12.49. Steammmmmm!

I bought NWN 2 from the Atari site, and recently had a hell of a time trying to find the download links for it. What a mess that was. Debating whether I should just pick it up and not worry about the safety and security of downloading it ever again...

Baha said:
Right click Killing Floor and check downloadable content just to make sure.
It says I have them all . . . wait . . . apparently I bought the other three back on October 8 . . . they must have been on sale then. Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom