• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyduK

Banned
Bought KotOR since I only have the Xbox version. Did I miss anything good yesterday? Completely forgot to turn my PC on and check.

Salsa

ghst said:
i don't get all the bitching, ssf4 for a tenner is right on the money.

It's not super street fighter 4, that never came out for PC

its the regular SF4, and it was on sale a couple months ago for less than this.

Wraith RazieL

Neo Member
Woooo! Picked up NWN2 and Machinarium.
Total: Witcher, P.B. Winterbottom (gifted), NWN2 and Machinarium. Doesn't seem like much but when you consider last years sales...what else do I need? :D

Zachack

EvaPlusMinus said:
Argghhh, if BG and DA are using a similar combat system as NWN2, then I'm going to bite. Is the story good? Is this a good MP game, or better off solo?
Better solo, I guess. Never tried it online.
OC story is so-so. Very generic from what I've played. MOTB is where the money is.
As for the combat system, I'd say it's closer to DA than BG in that NWN2 plays somewhat like an MMO (as does DA), and in my opinion is where the game stumbles because streamlining a game to be more MMO-like is counter to certain elements of D&D, particularly casting.

Volcynika

SalsaShark said:

It was also $10 on the 2009 Holiday Sale daily deals. :|

Volcynika could you give us some impression of Power of Defense please? That game seems interesting but...

I haven't played it :p Might today though. Dunno!

Mirrors Edge is attractive and I may end up picking it up.

I really want Cities XL but it's still more than I want to pay for it. I'd def grab it at the $10 range. Has anyone played it, if so how is it?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Lostconfused said:
They are similar not the same. Different DnD variants and DA:O is their bastard child.

I'm getting all excited again. Story and gameplay wise. How does NWN2 compare to more recent games of this genre. Say like, Witcher and Dragon Age? Dragon Age and The Witcher are some of my favorite games in a long while, but I've only barely touched this game before. I could really go for another amazing RPG experience, though.

Edit: Whoops, fixed that mistake.

Petrie

Banned
Volcynika said:
If you only want the HD versions of Serious Sam, the combo pack for both of those is a dollar cheaper than the gold pack.

I looked at this, and even though I'll never play them, I couldn't resist 2 more games for $1.

So... what are the chances that BFBC2 goes back down to seven dollars ? :(

Stupid daily sales

EDIT:

Oh and has Batman AA already had a daily sale ? Or has it just been at 15 since the 20th ?

1-D_FTW

SalsaShark said:

And it's not a tenner. It's a fifteener.

ArjanN

SalsaShark said:

It's still the best fighting game on PC though. But if you've never played it before most of the people still playing will completely destroy you.

Volcynika

DreadTheUnDead said:
So... what are the chances that BFBC2 goes back down to seven dollars ? :(

Stupid daily sales

EDIT:

Oh and has Batman AA already had a daily sale ? Or has it just been at 15 since the 20th ?

Incredibly low chances. It's been that price for two different days.

sucks... wish i could have figured out how to get VPN to work earlier, but thanks for the info. any clue on if Batman's already had a daily sale ? if not ill wait till the end to buy it incase they have one planned

ArjanN

EvaPlusMinus said:
I'm getting all excited again. Story and gameplay wise. How does NWN2 compare to more recent games of this genre. Say like, Witcher and Dragon Age? Dragon Age and The Witcher are some of my favorite games in a long while, but I've only barely touched this game before. I could really go for another amazing RPG experience, though.

Edit: Whoops, fixed that mistake.

NWN2 vanilla campaign was pretty boring IMO, the Mask of the Betrayer expansion (which is inlcuded) is much better.

ColR100

Bufbaf said:
So does ME contain the Time Trial mode? Or is it DLC on PC, too?
Doesn't include them, and the DLC isn't available to buy on the Steam version of the game, only retail and the EA Store version.

vocab

ghst said:
i don't get all the bitching, ssf4 for a tenner is right on the money.

It's not SSFIV. It's SFIV, and outdated version of the game that no one plays anymore.

Now you will understand the bitching. enjoy.

Ceebs

BuddhaRockstar said:
How does Serious Sam compare to Painkiller?
It's like the brighter more colorful version with more standard weapons. Just as fast and crazy with even more crazy shit trying to kill you at once.

It's the kind of FPS I wish still existed.

DreadTheUnDead said:
sucks... wish i could have figured out how to get VPN to work earlier, but thanks for the info. any clue on if Batman's already had a daily sale ? if not ill wait till the end to buy it incase they have one planned

yes, it was $7.50.

Minsc

Gold Member
ArjanN said:
NWN2 vanilla campaign was pretty boring IMO, the Mask of the Betrayer expansion (which is inlcuded) is much better.

But compared to Dragon Age... it's not like Dragon Age was anything that great, story-wise it fell apart as well.

Ceebs

ArjanN said:
The vanilla campaign is not bad, it's just slow as fuck to get going, but yes MotB is what you paying for here.

Mihos

Gold Member
I had to double dip NWN2. I love that damn game.

Plus I never picked up the expansions, so that concludes my self justification.

I will mull over Mirrors edge. I will wait at least 23 hours before caving on that one.

kennah

Minsc said:
But compared to Dragon Age... it's not like Dragon Age was anything that great, story-wise it fell apart as well.
Dude spoilers :( I had such high hopes for my "oh noes last of your kind" Warden

thanks for the replies everyone. my first steam holiday sale. next year i shall be better prepared. didnt even know it was going on till halfway through lol (read: sadface)

Malio

Picked up the Fantasy Indie pack for $5. Nyxquest and Spectromancer are easily worth that price alone and the other three games look decent. Great sale.

Ceebs

kennah said:
Dude spoilers :( I had such high hopes for my "oh noes last of your kind" Warden
Complaints about Dragon Age's plot are less about the cliches, more about how it's the exact same game (plotwise) Bioware has been making for almost a decade now.

Malio said:
Picked up the Fantasy Indie pack for $5. Nyxquest and Spectromancer are easily worth that price alone and the other three games look decent. Great sale.
Report back on the other 3 for me please. I was considering it for those 2, but would like at least a 3rd to be good before I buy.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Nothing for me today. NWN2 sounds interesting and I've heard tons of good things about it but still out of my price range for the moment. Pennies saved for tomorrow.

CaLe

Anyone here would recommend EVE Online ? I'm craving for a sci-fi MMO.... And the graphics look gorgeous.

What's GAF take on it ?

Thanks

Durante

echoshifting said:
Is NWN1 really that bad? All three of them?
Yes. Well, the last expansion is a bit better. But really not worth going through the main game for it.

Completely unlike NWN2, where the OC is good if not spectacular and MotB is fantastic.

Daigoro

Petrie said:
I looked at this, and even though I'll never play them, I couldn't resist 2 more games for $1.

im seeing them for 1.50 each. do you own something else that is giving you a discount, or is it a different price where you live?

(for Serious Sam HD and Second Encounter that is)

chixdiggit

CaLe said:
Anyone here would recommend EVE Online ? I'm craving for a sci-fi MMO.... And the graphics look gorgeous.

What's GAF take on it ?

Thanks

Kind of curious as well. Anyone know the monthly fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom