• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Owen

Banned
Durante said:
No one should have to play NWN1.
Didn't it review better than NWN2? lol

The only reason I'd play it is for story connections. Even if ts just little call backs. I'm anal about that stuff.

kennah

Ceebs said:
Complaints about Dragon Age's plot are less about the cliches, more about how it's the exact same game (plotwise) Bioware has been making for almost a decade now.

Report back on the other 3 for me please. I was considering it for those 2, but would like at least a 3rd to be good before I buy.
Yeah it was fun starting this one immediately after finishing mass effect 2 :lol

ColR100

Bufbaf said:
Thank you, ColR100 - No buy then :/
Have you played it before? Even without the add on time-trial things the game is a must-play.

The time-trials aren't as 'god damn fucking amazing' as most make them out to be, and can easily be skipped. The experience is the main game, first and foremost.

Ceebs

NarcissisticJay said:
Is NWN2 co-op through the entire story? If so, Is the co-op implemented well?
I believe it can be played co-op through the campaigns, but I have never tried it.

Van Owen said:
Didn't it review better than NWN2? lol

The only reason I'd play it is for story connections. Even if ts just little call backs. I'm anal about that stuff.
NWN2 was a giant mess of bugs and awful performance at release. That is why the scores are lower than you would expect.

CaLe said:
Anyone here would recommend EVE Online ? I'm craving for a sci-fi MMO.... And the graphics look gorgeous.

What's GAF take on it ?

Thanks

I love it, but just don't have the time for it. There's a lot of great stories of people losing billions of in-game credits/fleets of ships when other players join together to take them down. It's a great game and worth the monthly fee if you have the time to learn it and the fuel to keep building your character.

krzy123

animlboogy said:
Now I'm really wishing I didn't have NWN2 on D2D... They NEVER seemed to have MotB on sale, so I just have the okay main campaign and the Storm of Zehir, which I've never heard good things about...

I bought MotB retail last year (off amazon), its compatible w/ the D2D versions of the game. If you check GoGamer or Amazon it may come on sale.

vocab

chixdiggit said:
Kind of curious as well. Anyone know the monthly fee?

Eve is Eve, there isn't anything else like it. I haven't played it yet, but I'm so fascinated by it. The game has a pure economy, and the games scope is huge. It's a game that doesn't hold your hand at all.

Monthly is like $15, but if you are good enough you can pay for game time with in game money (ISK).

Jirotrom

Jirotrom said:
Will I miss much if I just skip to the expanison?

Can I just skip to Mask of The betrayer? How does it compare to Dragon Age origins Story wise, I'm trying to decide which to play first

mavs

echoshifting said:
Is NWN1 really that bad? All three of them?

The expansions are both good. The OC is terrible by any standard and the worst thing Bioware has ever produced (the toolset and multiplayer more than made up for that back then.)

Jirotrom said:
Can I just skip to Mask of The betrayer? How does it compare to Dragon Age origins Story wise, I'm trying to decide which to play first

Yes, skip to MotB. Go back and play the OC after that if you really want more.

Petrie

Banned
Can EVE be enjoyed if you only want to play for a few hours a week? Or is it not worth it unless you have hours and hours a day for it?

Probably gotta get NWN2 Platinum----though I don't suppose anybody can do the hero's work of finding out if you can still get the Westgate Premium Module to work with the Steam edition? Looks like that one is only available via Atari's store....

I love Mirror's Edge, and I love the idea of more people playing it. Everybody should be aware, though, that the DLC will not work with the Steam version.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Attackthebase said:
I know next-to-nothing about Machinarium. Can anyone expand why it's worth purchasing? The trailer hardly did anything for me.
Depressing world, some hard puzzles, slightly clever, slow pace.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Petrie said:
Can EVE be enjoyed if you only want to play for a few hours a week? Or is it not worth it unless you have hours and hours a day for it?
Eve is kind of the opposite of that.

You play a couple hours. When you're tired of playing, you select which skills you want to level up and then you logoff. The skills will level up even when you're not playing.

However, that makes skills take weeks and sometimes even months to learn.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Free copy of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter to give away.

First person to quote me with an added random picture of the Gabe pulled off Google wins.

kennah

Attackthebase said:
I know next-to-nothing about Machinarium. Can anyone expand why it's worth purchasing? The trailer hardly did anything for me.
It is an excellent point and click adventure game. The story is told with no language and it is very sweet. The in game hint system is clever and provides multiple levels of hints to solve the puzzles. My favorite is the one that makes you play a shmup to unlock the detailed hint. It is also a beautifully designed game from the art to the sound to the music.

I wonder if NWN2 will ever show up on GOG.com? I own all the other D&D CRPGs over there, and honestly I'd rather toss them $10. Steam gets more than enough of my cash. :lol

Petrie

Banned
Darklord said:
Can I apply the widescreen mod to the steam version of Kotor?

Actually would like to know this as well. As a new to PC enthusiasm, the whole mod thing, especially with Steam, is sorta perplexing.

Petrie

Banned
Dani said:
Free copy of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter to give away.

First person to quote me with an added random picture of the Gabe pulled off Google wins.

gabe_wall.jpg

This is my The Gabe, even if it costs me the copy!

041609_left4deadmods_obs01--article_image.jpg

Prolly more what you're looking for.

Attackthebase said:
A great classic style point and click adventure game. There's no dialog at all, the story is all told through thought bubbles and animation.

It's a great game if you love very atmospheric games (with great music), are a fan of old-school point and clicks.

It was part of the Humble Indie Bundle 2 last week, which was "pay whatever you want." You could have gotten it, plus 9 other games (all but 3 had Steam keys). This is where I got my Steam copy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jirotrom said:

NWN2 is comparable to DAO in story. Standard fantasy. MotB makes them look stupid.

DryvBy

Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition
What exactly is included with this? I have Serious Sam HD already, but not the Gold edition.

Truespeed

Bought Lara Croft GOL just at the last minute - well, more like 9 minutes after the hour (grace period FTW). It was close, but I loved the demo and it pushed me over. It was also probably my last chance to buy it at this price.

Volcynika

DryvBy2 said:
Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition
What exactly is included with this? I have Serious Sam HD already, but not the Gold edition.

Says in the package

Serious Sam HD of first and second game. Plus the original versions of each game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
mavs said:
The expansions are both good. The OC is terrible by any standard and the worst thing Bioware has ever produced (the toolset and multiplayer more than made up for that back then.)

Undertide is as bad as the OC.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
mavs said:

Is it really that bad? I'd hate to miss out on some story just because it wasn't as good as the expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom