• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't really seen past Episode 1 of Infinite Stratos.

Is Kana Hanazawa so awesome in this that I need to watch this?
IS.jpg

She's satisfied.

Kana Hanazawa is awesome in everything. I could listen to Kana Hanazawa read the phone book for hours, but that's entirely beside the point. Remember that she didn't start showing up in Ben-To until after it started turning into shit!

zeroshiki

Kana Hanazawa is probably the only VA I like primarily for her voice with not even a standout role. Most of her roles have been for shit shows.

So the IS special is almost here? I'm looking forward to it!

Maken-ki

Why do I get this feeling that NTR is going to show up?

But when the MC is as deeply unlikable as this guy is, would it even count as NTR?

Nostalgia is a factor but there's another and that's novelty. Sometimes, with stupid, being first gives you some leeway whereas that's not a given subsequent times around.
How can you say that without even watching them? The sequels probably don't have the most new ideas, sure, but they're working from the first movie's formula anyway, so what else would you expect? And the two-part Versus Battle series definitely mixes things up, with changed characters (I mean, they're the same people, but different versions of them), a different setting, and more. I liked the changes too, there.

Also, it's not like I've seen nothing from the others I've just never seen any of the sequels in their entirety, I think it's clear that with Project A-ko most of their love went into the first one, not that that's rare in the industry, or any industry really.
... Saying this based on such a small amount of information is just silly though.

Steroyd

Kana Hanazawa is awesome and no don't watch the whole of this, episode 6 for Charles debut and "Ichika no Ecchi" and I think episode 8 fills the Beach episode quota, well usually episode 8 is a beach or beach equivalent episode (what is up with that?).

LOL beach episode is 9, colour me shocked.

Defuser

Kana Hanazawa.The new queen of moe voice.If "ichika no ecchi" didn't :cajun you, Shiori's baka and aho will.

Sorry kugiloli.

Steroyd

IS is only 12 episodes? Hmm...too bad Dat Harem bores me to tears.

I highly doubt liking harem shows would change an opinion on this show, unless the MC actually picked a girl in the last episode, his level of retardation towards the female species reached some absolutely incredible extremes from what little I watched.

Kana Hanazawa.The new queen of moe voice.

Sorry kugiloli.

First I've heard of this, I thought Kugi was the queen of the tsundere.

Defuser

I highly doubt liking harem shows would change an opinion on this show, unless the MC actually picked a girl in the last episode, his level of retardation towards the female species reached some absolutely incredible extremes from what little I watched.

First I've heard of this, I thought Kugi was the queen of the tsundere.

She was the queen in almost everything. Tsudere,moe voice,loli voice.etc

Heck even right now iirc she still getting roles like the boss plus most of it are lead roles.She beats out most veteran female seiyuus as of right now.

Articalys

Started watching Ben-To...now feel odd when going into my local SuperMarket when they discount the bento meals...
Actually, if you had enough people (and a supermarket staff willing to play along), it could be quite the amusing flash-mob type of event.

Started watching Ben-To...now feel odd when going into my local SuperMarket when they discount the bento meals...

Why's that? It should come naturally for you now to start brawling with anybody else who happens to be there to grab the half-priced lunch boxes when you are!

/XX/

An amazingly silly fantasy-Kyōto setting, a stylish and spectacular animation and a direction as frenetic as the released PV/pilot made it seem to be. Wow!

-Minsc-

This is why you should watch gintama

PfJUb.gif

rfECw.gif

You guys are missing out the awesomeness of this show.
I can see people scratching their brains as to what the hell is going on.

Gintama.

I don't understand the science between pulling the underwear = deploying the 'brakes', but w/e.

Taking dick jokes to new horizons and locations.

Reminds me of the Simpsons skiing eps (Stupid sexy flanders).

Stimulation.

scy

I actually like the premise of Infinite Stratos, though I don't think it works with it quite so well (based off accounts here, anyway). I still need to go back and watch it though :/

neoanarch

PfJUb.gif

SHOGUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!

So after years of putting it off, I've finally saw End of Eva, I wasn't ready. It certainly puts some parts of the original into a new light. Certain character are completely subverted. I'm definitely regretting putting it off for so long.

Only the first episode eh? Most will agree the show can not be judged by the first two. Here, try this clip. I've always liked the randomness of that scene.

I wanted to like it, since I adore random stuff sometimes, but the first episode was such a massive barrier to entry. The introduction of all the characters was like "Yo Dawg, we heard you liked tropes, so we put a trope inside your trope so you can be unoriginal while you're being unoriginal!"

After a while I figured "I've seen all this shit before" and just turned it off.

The last show of that type that really grabbed me was Astro Fighter Sunred. Now there was a premise that turned things on its head.

faridmon

I wanted to like it, since I adore random stuff sometimes, but the first episode was such a massive barrier to entry. The introduction of all the characters was like "Yo Dawg, we heard you liked tropes, so we put a trope inside your trope so you can be unoriginal while you're being unoriginal!"

After a while I figured "I've seen all this shit before" and just turned it off.

The last show of that type that really grabbed me was Astro Fighter Sunred. Now there was a premise that turned things on its head.

If you judge an Anime by its first or second episode, you are doing it wrong. The ones that start awesome, becomae horrible (Irohana) and teh ones that start out terrible, becomes awesome (Baccano)

Infinte Stratos is, of course, one if its kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom