• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Lakers now appear right on schedule for the tank.

Denver needs to get its act together soon, though.

lol @ people who thought Utah would be decent. I told y'all that team is hot trash.

charsace

Every indication is that Presti was trying to move up in the draft.

Part of me wonders if he wasn't trying to move up to get Adams and it just ended up working out.

He is the best GM right now so probably. And when guys aren't working out he dumps them quick unlike other GM's who hold on until a guy has no value.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
And he's still a raw player. I had him in the top 3 for this draft and I'm surprised that the teams that could use him didn't pick him up.

You had a 19 year old who averaged 7 ppg and 6 rpg at Pitt in the top 3?

Lakers now appear right on schedule for the tank.

Denver needs to get its act together soon, though.

lol @ people who thought Utah would be decent. I told y'all that team is hot trash.

These wide open looks for the Jazz's shooters are going to start going down (0.69 PPP on spotup jumpers just isn't going to continue especially when most of the looks are wide open. RJeff sucks but he's going to make 35% or more of his threes, not 21%) and once they do, we'll have an NBA-caliber offense again, and the defense intensity will pick back up and we'll win some games.

We're worse than I thought though because Kanter decided to start playing defense like Bargnani. 11.2 DRB%, 1.3 BLK%, 1.2 PPP allowed with him and Favors on the court, allowing 1.01 PPP against the guys he's defending, has lead the Jazz to the 30th ranked postup defense, other good stuff so far.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
They should have added another zero or two to that number. That'll get him to stop for good.

I didn't even know about this flop until now...and that may be one of the top 5 worst I've ever seen.

Edit: Of course, figures old Dick would be the one to fall for that shit too. Why is he still an official? Can he pass an eye exam?

KingGondo

Banned
charsace said:
He is the best GM right now so probably. And when guys aren't working out he dumps them quick unlike other GM's who hold on until a guy has no value.
To be fair, the only real bust he's drafted is Aldrich.

He also said that Jerryd Bayless and Luke Babbitt are future all-stars and that Derrick Rose would bust.
Something something broken clock...

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
We finally get to behold the Derrick Rose vs Kyrie Irving matchup tonight, though neither of them are in top form at the moment.

giri

These wide open looks for the Jazz's shooters are going to start going down (0.69 PPP on spotup jumpers just isn't going to continue especially when most of the looks are wide open. RJeff sucks but he's going to make 35% or more of his threes, not 21%) and once they do, we'll have an NBA-caliber offense again, and the defense intensity will pick back up and we'll win some games.

We're worse than I thought though because Kanter decided to start playing defense like Bargnani. 11.2 DRB%, 1.3 BLK%, 1.2 PPP allowed with him and Favors on the court, allowing 1.01 PPP against the guys he's defending, has lead the Jazz to the 30th ranked postup defense, other good stuff so far.

Just like i don't realistically expect the suns to keep playing .700 bball.

But it's fun while it lasts. Sort of gives you some hope that there is some talent there.

Bledsoe looks legit, to date. He'll get figured out soon i guess, but teams have really seen a lot of him over the years already.

Markieff Morris finally fulfilling some of that potential. Seems to have finally figured out he's not a stretch 4, nor a big 3. So it's good to see him have stuff figured out in his own head. I'm sure he won't keep up the pace from the last 4 games, where he's averaging 23 & 8 on 60%+. But in the short term, i'm happy for him to have it working out and hope i translates into long term consistency.

giri

Also, i have a hypothetical.

Say Durant misses 30 games this season with injury. Do the thunder make the play offs?

I"m siding with no.

Forever

Banned
Go Hawks.

Hearing that the Garden chairman James Dolan has guaranteed a Knicks' victory Wednesday in Atlanta — after he sat through their wire-to-wire pathetic effort in Sunday' 31-point blowout loss to the Spurs — Carmelo Anthony knows that the pressure is on and he’s going to try to deliver for the man who signs his paychecks.

"I guess we've got to win,'' Anthony said Monday when asked by the Daily News about Dolan's guarantee. "The owner said it. I guess we got to make it happen. We want to win. If he said it, he's put the pressure on us to go out there and win the game.''

During the performance, Dolan didn't even refer to the Knicks by name
, while crediting the Rangers by name with their win over Florida.

Asked by the Daily News if Dolan was supportive of him during their meeting, Woodson wouldn't provide any insight, adhering to the Garden's rules that discussing what Dolan says with the media is strictly off limits.

"That's not your guys' business,'' he said. "That's me and my owner's business. We've got to get ready for Atlanta, that's the name of the game.''

But Woodson was clearly taken aback when Dolan's guarantee was brought up, asking a reporter, "say that again?''

The Knicks were definitely not happy with the line of line of questioning about Dolan's meeting with Woodson or his guarantee
, even though the boss made his comments in a public venue and knew that a couple of reporters were in attendance. After Woodson was allowed to give the media all of four minutes and 25 seconds of interview time, a Knicks PR official told reporters, "Now get the (bleep) out.''

Adam.

Did you notice that Eric Gordon is also building into a good year? Needs to get his FG% Up, but he's playing well so far.

Thats 2 Erics the clippers have got rid of :(

The Clippers couldn't afford to keep Bledsoe, period. I hated letting him go, but it was better to get something for him rather than just watch him walk. I really like him still and hope he continues to do well for the Suns.

Oh and apparently the NBA sent out a no-bullying reminder to all teams in response to the Jonathan Martin stuff. While the Facebook comments at the bottom of ESPN articles are typically terrible, these 2 stood out to me:

I'm sure Kevin Garnett is out there somewhere barking like a dog at the person delivering the message from the memo. Chances are he ate the memo, locked Kirilenko in a cage and laughed at the visiting make a wish kid.

Lebron just filed a complaint on Jeff Green for hitting the game-winning three pointer in his face last night in Miami.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I want everyone to remember when I said that Bledsoe would be a better PG than Wall.

Next season, there will be a true reckoning.

giri

The Clippers couldn't afford to keep Bledsoe, period. I hated letting him go, but it was better to get something for him rather than just watch him walk. I really like him still and hope he continues to do well for the Suns.

Oh and apparently the NBA sent out a no-bullying reminder to all teams in response to the Jonathan Martin stuff. While the Facebook comments at the bottom of ESPN articles are typically terrible, these 2 stood out to me:

No. And he would have demanded more PT too. Clippers had to get something. That said. If it wasn't for the DJ contract............

I want everyone to remember when I said that Bledsoe would be a better PG than Wall.

Next season, there will be a true reckoning.

You were second in line buddy.

this is where i hope bledsoe doesn't regress like a lin

I think he has a chance to be a better player but .. i really dont think he will be a better PG.

He's doing better running an offense than i thought he would be able to do. He's not entirely terrible, and if channing frye could shoot 3's still, he'd probably be averaging 10apg. Long way to go though.

Emwitus

nba_a_jazz1x_576x324.jpg

Rondo trolling diehard on the jazz eh

damn, that was some excellent man defense in the post by Hibbert, but it looked like he fouled Marc at the end.

Larry Sanders is out for the Bucks
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 5m
Bucks say center Larry Sanders will be out six weeks after he underwent surgery this afternoon to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb.

dalVlatko

Bynum starting tonight. Don't think he has really earned it but hopefully he plays better with the first team and Andy can provide some energy to the second unit.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
First time Kyrie and rose will go head to head. Hopefully it's awesome.

I hear the coaches made a gentleman's agreement, to let them play one on one all night.

I wish. Bulls will be trapping the fuck out of old man Drew. Hopefully Dion is still in awesome form.

Top Bottom