• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Vahagn

He's at the furthest possible point from Splitter, Ginobli, and Leonard. Seriously it's amazing how a simple off ball screen between Ginobli and Splitter throws him off so bad.

Tom Penny

original.gif

Bargnani with the elite defense

He forced him to miss the shot. What more do you want?

exarkun

Oh man, I thought I could skip the saturday games since I was busy (and I expected the Rockets to lose) but the Heat lost to Celtics?

He must be a great coach to out coach Spo.

I still don't think Love is leaving. Especially not to go to New York. He'll opt out, because he would be dumb not to, but he'll re-sign.
Two years ago I would have said you were insane, but now that I'm seeing this team playing I'm having some good thoughts. Maybe he will resign.

The Lakers aren't looking as attractive as I thought they might, at least compared to the Wolves.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Two years ago I would have said you were insane, but now that I'm seeing this team playing I'm having some good thoughts. Maybe he will resign.

The Lakers aren't looking as attractive as I thought they might, at least compared to the Wolves.

The vibe I've always gotten from Love is that as long as the team is good, he'll stay. Granted, it's a year and half away, but I don't think he's going to survey the landscape and find a better position than staying to play with Ricky and Pek.

I have a weird trust in Flip right now. His draft sucked, but his free agent signings were ace. He'll move Williams, he'll make this team better. I think...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So another hit piece mentions a superstar and its big news? I talk about the 2015 plan every damn day. That plan isn't based on a particular player. Love is nice but with enough money for possibly 2 other max players that year to go alongside Melo..... Love isn't everything.

Knicks biggest mistake is thinking that Carmelo is a #1 player to build around. He's gonna be 31 years old in 2015 and have been in the league 12 years at that point.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Knicks biggest mistake is thinking that Carmelo is a #1 player to build around. He's gonna be 31 years old in 2015 and have been in the league 12 years at that point.

Yeah, I don't see how that's a really enticing pitch to guys in 2015. "Come play for James Dolan alongside a 31 year old Carmelo!"

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Holy shit you fell for it. Nice.

idk what your talking about ....

but i guess an obligatory "oh you got me" and "boy you must feel smart" is owed then. I didn't realize i had to avoid reilo basketball traps as we were discussing basketball.......

Vahagn

Is rose the biggest fraud MVP EVER?

Jumping from seventh seed to best overall record in the league while you're the clear leader of your team is kind of the definition of MVP. He's an MVP who's been hurt/injured for the past 2 years.

Just like if Pacers finish this season with the best record in the league PG might get it.

It ain't about best player in the game

Forever

Banned

but i guess an obligatory "oh you got me" and "boy you must feel smart" is owed then. I didn't realize i had to avoid reilo basketball traps as we were discussing basketball.......

You have been trolled. The joke is that Melo never gets his teammates the ball.

reilo

That's like Tom Penny's entire shtick. I don't get how you actually believed a word he said.

The vibe I've always gotten from Love is that as long as the team is good, he'll stay. Granted, it's a year and half away, but I don't think he's going to survey the landscape and find a better position than staying to play with Ricky and Pek.

I have a weird trust in Flip right now. His draft sucked, but his free agent signings were ace. He'll move Williams, he'll make this team better. I think...

I...

You know what, I just don't have the heart to say it.

Everythings going to be just fine.

reilo

Blazers: Off Rtg: 112.7 (2nd of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 108.6 (28th of 30)
Clippers: Off Rtg: 112.5 (3rd of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 108.9 (29th of 30)
Heat: Off Rtg: 112.8 (1st of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 108.2 (27th of 30)
Bulls: Off Rtg: 99.7 (26th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 98.3 (4th of 30)

lol.

h3ro

This^^^ you look around and regardless if he is a number 1 or not their aren't that many guys in the league who demands a double team.

Lol

Tom Penny is the GOAT in terms of trolling.
Alex <3

Blazers: Off Rtg: 112.7 (2nd of 30) &#9642; Def Rtg: 108.6 (28th of 30)
Clippers: Off Rtg: 112.5 (3rd of 30) &#9642; Def Rtg: 108.9 (29th of 30)
Heat: Off Rtg: 112.8 (1st of 30) &#9642; Def Rtg: 108.2 (27th of 30)
Bulls: Off Rtg: 99.7 (26th of 30) &#9642; Def Rtg: 98.3 (4th of 30)

lol.

Hey man, playing both ways is hard. Or something.

Jazz waived Tinsley and picked up Diante Garrett.

I liked Tinsley last year and he was decent last year, but he can't play anymore.

Diante Garrett's numbers from college are terrible and he'll be playing serious minutes for this team for the next few games...

Jazz waived Tinsley and picked up Diante Garrett.

I liked Tinsley last year and he was decent last year, but he can't play anymore.

Diante Garrett's numbers from college are terrible and he'll be playing serious minutes for this team for the next few games...

Riggin for Wiggins?

Shart for Smart?

Bust for Julius?

Randle, Wiggins, Embiid, Parker, Young, Harrison, Selden, WCS, and Harris all playing tonight. Four of the guys projected to battle for the #1 pick, five other potential lottery picks, and other potential first-round picks in two games. That's pretty good.

KingGondo

Banned
The NBA is engaged in settlement talks with Ozzie and Daniel Silna to end a contract that has long been described as "the greatest sports business deal of all time," according to sources close to the situation.

No agreement has been reached, but talks are ongoing.

The Silna brothers are the former owners of an old ABA franchise known as the Spirits of St. Louis. When the ABA merged with the NBA in 1976, the Silnas agreed to dissolve their team in exchange for a small percentage of the NBA's future broadcast revenue.

At the time, it seemed like an irrelevant concession by the league. But it's become a financial windfall for the Silnas. They receive 1/7 of the television revenues of the four ABA teams that were absorbed: the Spurs, Nuggets, Nets and Pacers. The NBA currently has $7.4 billion in TV contracts with ABC/ESPN and TNT.

The kicker in the Silnas' deal is that it goes on in perpetuity.

Last season, the Silnas, who bought the Carolina Cougars for $1 million in 1973 before moving the club to St. Louis, received a reported $19 million from the NBA.

Since the deal was reached in 1976, the league has paid the Silnas $300 million in TV royalties. Recently, a judge ruled that the brothers also have rights to Internet revenue.

Because the Silnas' cut diminishes the dividends of the NBA's 30 team owners, the league has long sought to settle the contract.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9961147/sources-nba-tries-end-costly-aba-deal

Yeah, if I'm Ozzie and Daniel Silna, this is my stance:

Fuck you. Pay me.

I mean, these guys and their families stand to make billions over the next... forever. No way could any potential settlement live up to that.

Top Bottom