• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 | What are you playing in August?

I am interested in...

• Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - (PC, PS4/5. XB1 S|X, NSW)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Black Myth: Wukong - (PC, PS5)

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Visions of Mana - (PC, PS4/5, XB S|X)

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Star Wars: Outlaws - (PC, PS4/5. XB1 S|X)

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Concord - (PC, PS5)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Madden NFL 25 - (PC, PS4/5. XB1 S|X)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Steamworld Heist 2 - (PC, PS4/5. XB1 S|X, NSW)

• Cat Quest 3 - (PC, PS4/5. XB1 S|X, NSW)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Stormgate - (PC)

• Tiebreak - (PC, PS4/5. XB1 S|X, NSW)

• Witchspring R - (PS4/5. XB1 S|X, NSW)

• Gundam Breaker 4 - (PC, PS4/5, NSW)

• Streets of Rogue 2 - (PC)

• Dustborn - (PC, PS4/5. XB1 S|X)

• WoW: The War Within - (PC)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other/Backlog (post in thread)...

Votes: 30 48.4%

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member
Dry month, I'm going to be finishing my 100% of cyberpunk - will probably get one of Star Wars or Black Myth, but equally may wait till they come down in price. As much as I like Concords gameplay, I'm going to wait sand see what sort of playerbase it has first. Visions of Mana will be a day one as well, more for the missus than me, but I'll play it too.

Previous months | 2024
January
February
March
April
May
June
July

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Steamworld Heist 2, is my top contender for August.
I really enjoyed Cat Quest 1, a simple but very fun RPG, with the cutest aesthetic. But Cat Quest 2 felt bloated, so I never finished. Maybe Cat Quest 3 will be a return to form.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Just Cygni, Visions of Mana and maybe Witch Spring R, but the western physical release is in early September. Other than that I'll be mostly focused on backlog games.

71i5YSlSzAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81VEcDkmdrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81NepspmI5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Killjoy-NL

Concord, because I already pre-ordered it.
To what extent, I dunno.

Also FFXIV, still need to finish up the post-Endwalker content before I can start with Dawntrail.
And there's Predecessor, still.

Last edited:
Got Star Wars Outlaws with my new CPU so breaking my usual habit of not playing anything on release. Looks really good to me - not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I loved AC Odyssey and I think they said that was an inspiration...

I'm trying to finish up Starfield at the moment, but depending on when I get that done I might try and squeeze something else in before Outlaws from my backlog, problem is everything I'm really waiting to play is massive and 100+ hours, and I'm travelling for work to a rather large sporting event that's about to start so will be gone for a couple of weeks as well... Might just keep mopping up quests in Starfield...

amigastar

I'm curious about Stormgate. But i won't buy anything, i've heard it's free so i will not spend money on it.
And i'm interested in Star Wars: Outlaws.

Last edited:

Durin

Black Myth Wukong looks interesting, but I have enough backlog to go through that even this fall I'm not planning to buy much beyond Metaphor Re Fantazio.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Concord

just kidding

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Texas chainsaw massacre, Hunt showdown new huge patch and currgen launch and probably wukong

Isa

Gold Member
For me it'll be Visions of Mana, Witchspring R(buy & put in backlog), and Gundam Breaker.
I have some on my wishlist.

%E5%8D%95%E4%BA%BA%E5%BC%80%E5%A4%A7.gif
That game looks so good, I'm down day 1!

I know I'll also be playing The First Descendant during August with its update, we Luna and Ultimate Valby plus some new skins which I hope are good. I'll still be dorking around in Spelunky and Mechwarrior 5 until Clans releases. Currently still putting in time into Resident Evil 4 PS5, SMTVV, a little bit of the new Trails Daybreak(which I put on hold to finish up SMTVV).

I'm sure I'll snag any indies and oldies that release throughout the month as well.

Visions of Mana, but it doesn't arrive until late August, so I'll be finishing up Rebirth and SMT V: Vengeance before that.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Already bought Bounty Hunter, hope its a decent remaster. Always wanted to play it back in the day.

Paasei

Not planning on buying myself a game releasing in that month. Probably sticking to what I'm playing right now. Nothing from start to finish. Just a match/map of Hitman, Balatro, OpenRCT 2 and other replayable "gameplay" games.

Killer8

Getting the new Star Wars Bounty Hunter remaster. It's a childhood favorite and Aspyr looks to have done a good job with this one. Also playing Black Myth which I got free with the RTX 4070 Super I just picked up. Only other thing i'm going to get is hardware: the PSVR2 adapter for PC so I can finally play Half-life Alyx.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Mostly backlog and ZZZ (it depends). Looking forward to play Shadow of the Ninja for sure. It doesn't look like Wukong is what I wanted from that game so I'll skip it at launch.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
dwHuZxP.png

Via emulation on my Phone with a HDMI usb adapter & a Dualsense
Forgive the quality of the captures, they are just screen captures and then cropped, I'm running it 1440p60fps and it looks a lot cleaner & sharper on a 4K display then it does here
Z1WBZ9d.jpeg

w5cB5yP.jpeg
z2QPrh7.jpeg
eMdETk6.jpeg
xJgD3rL.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom