• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$250 for Zotac GTX 970 small form factor card.

Warning YMMV. Based on what feedback I'm getting from people in the thread Zotac doesn't have the best QC, or customer service. So buy with caution or wait as we get more deals closer to black friday.

Alternative provided by Jedi Yoshi. EVGA super clock edition.

Jet.com, code 20NOW (or SHOPWITH15 if that doesn't work anymore) + waiving the free return

Still have the SC in stock, goes down to $253
https://jet.com/product/EVGA-GeForc...t-PCI-30-x16/854789febb464b5890e96206ea0e8135
$_1.JPG

Saw this deal and thought I had to share as I've never seen it this low. This is an amazing card in general and the small form factor version is great for those looking at making a small form factor PC this holiday. Or just as an upgrade for anyone.

You can get it here sold by Zotac on Ebay.

Review

Aeana

Good price, but be warned that Zotac's support isn't the greatest in my experience. I did manage to eventually complete my RMA, but it took some doing.

BiggNife

hm, that's tempting. I have a two year old GTX760 - would it be worth upgrading or would I be better off waiting another year?

Intru

I have this card. It's fine, just louder than you might expect (it's a lot louder than my reference 670 was anyway).

MDave

I have had this card in my mini itx small form factor PC for about a year now, and it's worked flawlessly for me, even overclocked.

LQX

I would spend a the extra $20 and get a bigger form factor and a more reliable brand though I hear Zotac is pretty huge in Europe.

Something must be wrong with me. I know the price is solid, I know it would be a huge step up over my 580ti even if it's just to last until Pascal, but the thing holding me back is the lack of MSI's involvement. I didn't even realize I had any brand loyalty with my PC until now.

Gruso

I've had this little fella for a while. Thankfully no issues, so I've had no interactions with their customer service. It's a great performer, and hasn't had any of the supposed heat or noise problems that the Zotacphobes warned me about. (YMMV, etc)

Oh god zotac is fucking AWFUL. I had a card of theirs die on me and they told me they didn't have a replacement and tried to replace it with some piece of crap that was nowhere close to being equal power or value. After I fought against it, it took them a few days to say they found one that was the same as mine

jediyoshi

Lots of 970s have been $250 lately luckily. Picked up an EVGA GTX 970 SSC for $254, just a bummer not all automatically qualify for the free game promo.

Chris_C

Got this card second hand a few weeks back to replace my 7950, really liking it so far. It's handled everything wonderfully, except modded/ENB Skyrim.

Vlaphor

I currently have a EVGA 970, and normally I wouldn't care about SLI...but VR is coming soon and my plan was to get a new video card to go along with that. I generally get around $1800 back in taxes and my plan was to get a 980 TI and one VR headset, and sell back my current card to make up some cost; however, if I can just buy another GTX 970 and use that..

I know that the 970 is the baseline for VR, but what would be better in terms of cost per performance? 970 Sli or 980 ti. At home, I generally game in 1080 and nothing is set in stone yet.

Also, now that I think about it, I couldn't really afford this right now anyway, but it is food for thought.

CHC

That's a crazy price, really astounding. GPU prices are usually pretty fixed, so if anyone is thinking of it and hesitant - go for it!

Oh man and free AC: Syndicate too.... damn that's a deal.

Lots of 970s have been $250 lately luckily. Picked up an EVGA GTX 970 SSC for $254, just a bummer not all automatically qualify for the free game promo.

Really? What retailer do you use? My friend ended up paying around 330 before a 20 rebate card about two weeks ago, which... well rebate cards suck. EVGA definitely makes a better unit.

louiedog

Oh god zotac is fucking AWFUL. I had a card of theirs die on me and they told me they didn't have a replacement and tried to replace it with some piece of crap that was nowhere close to being equal power or value. After I fought against it, it took them a few days to say they found one that was the same as mine

That's terrible. My PowerColor card died on me a few months ago and they replaced it with a slightly newer version of the same card that's better in a few ways. When it happened and I was digging around trying to find solutions to my problem I found people who said they were offered fairly big upgrades when the card they sent in was old enough that it wasn't available for replacement.

GnawtyDog

Banned
It's a good deal but I rather wait for BF. Jet has it for around the same with discount codes. The plus on this one is ACreed or Rainbow Six.

I bought one of these and had to RMA it. The new card they sent back had the exact same problems. Not sure if it's the card or my hardware. My 560ti still works without issue though.

Vinland

Banned
I remember my Zotac GTX260^2 model.... It was a piece of crap that died on me days after the warranty died.

I have had 2 gtx 260 216s die from Evga and my old roommate at the time roommate had 2 die as well, also from Evga. So it is not the brand all the time. It's just Evga at the time had great warranties.

We essentially had the same PC setup but mine was an amd x6 sli and his was an intel based sli. Same mobo model series except obvious chipset, psu and case. Died in different ways but they all died.

Top Bottom