• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd Half-Life 2 preload available now.

epmode

The second phase of the Half-Life 2 preload begins to Steam account holders today.

This will allow users to download the majority of the audio of Half-Life 2 in encrypted form. No purchase is required to pre-load Half-Life 2, but is required to activate the game. The moment the game is made available, those who have pre-loaded and purchased Half-Life 2 via Steam will be ready to start playing right away.
http://www.steampowered.com/?area=news
won't be much longer now.

neptunes

The game still isn't comming out for about a month.

174s_13.hl2-boxes.jpg

but I'd rather get the boxed set.

neptunes

next to none.

after extracting the GCF, you only get sounds textures (and with this new update) models hopefully.

All engine files would probably be preloaded after the day it's released and when you enter a legit CC.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Society said:

Can not play a game with key elements missing.

That wasn't his question

He asked what's the possibilites of cracking the stuff, not cracking to play the game

If one could crack it, we could probably view the textures, sounds, etc.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ToyMachine228 said:
I have been on vacation since last Saturday with no computer...Valve or Vivendi hasn't confirmed a date yet have they?

My insider says Ebgames date is right (November)

and that the game rox

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Is CS:S beta ever going to have anything but de_dust? Meh ;b

But yeah, I'm getting the collector's tin probably.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Wario64 said:
That wasn't his question

He asked what's the possibilites of cracking the stuff, not cracking to play the game

If one could crack it, we could probably view the textures, sounds, etc.

Already been done.

Which is why I assumed he meant cracked to play.

Coop

EviLore said:
Is CS:S beta ever going to have anything but de_dust? Meh ;b

But yeah, I'm getting the collector's tin probably.

Yeah... i'm getting sick of playing dust, how can tthese kids play on the dust 24/7 servers all the time?(1.6 servers) eh, release aztec or something else please!

I finished the second half of the pre-load...Now going to play some CS: Source. And yeah, it would definitely be nice to see another map released for the Source beta.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
XMonkey said:
I want that box in the far left side (in the pic above), very cool.

That's the collectors edition box. Still haven't heard exactly what the contents or price are supposed to be.

neptunes

Supposedly it's supposed to contain everything.

Half life 2
Counter Strike: Source
Software Development Kit
Behind The Scenes Dvd's
Other extras.

SKluck

Banned
Well everyone gets Counterstrike source, seeing as how that is the only multiplayer for HL. And the SDK is free on the net, they wouldn't force you to get the CE. I'm just hoping it has a nice tin and is ON DVD. DVD DVD DVD DVD. No more million cd shit.

neptunes

They stated that there is going to be a bare-bones version and then another version that includes CS:S along with mods.

All I remember is that you hae to pay extra for CS:S and mods.

EDIT: yea the game is also comming out on CD's no mention of an optional dvd version as of yet.

Just updated my CS: Source beta...And man is it a down grade. I know I have an Nvidia chip but damn...The game was beautiful before this update, and now it's all messed up to hell. Bad update Valve, bad update. I even have the shiny hands issue.

Awsome. I have one problem though, I want to pre-load JUST in case it takes a while to get to stores, and being in Canada on Vancouver Island never seems to work out well in many cases. Most big games make it on time, but some dont. And I want to play this ASAP, so I will pre-load in case, BUT here's my problem, I started pre-loading the other day with the first pre-load and it seemed to get stuck at like 1%, and I shut down my PC that night, but problem is I now cant find where to re-establish the pre-load. Any help?

~Black Deatha

Coop

ToyMachine228 said:
Just updated my CS: Source beta...And man is it a down grade. I know I have an Nvidia chip but damn...The game was beautiful before this update, and now it's all messed up to hell. Bad update Valve, bad update. I even have the shiny hands issue.

tofix the shiny hands type mat_specular 0 before joining a game. And yeah that update was a downgrade. I don't know what to say but I just left steam on and it continued pre-loading. Maybe open up hl2 and click continue? It took roughly a half hour for it to restart downloading for me. Or it might not be avaialbe to download too.

SKluck

Banned
neptunes said:
They stated that there is going to be a bare-bones version and then another version that includes CS:S along with mods.

All I remember is that you hae to pay extra for CS:S and mods.

EDIT: yea the game is also comming out on CD's no mention of an optional dvd version as of yet.

That was nixed, afaik. There are just standard and CE versions. No more singleplayer only. At least, IN STORES. Maybe on steam they will have more options, it would be easy to do.

But then the game is a month away and we still have NO OFFICIAL word on ANYTHING.

What the fuck? They can't even say what will be in the CE? If it will be on dvd? What is their problem?

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I don't mind them not releasing dates. It's not like they have stuck to them anyways. I'd rather just wake up one day and find that its gone gold.

Top Bottom