• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 Years Ago....

For those who don't remember, the old launch lineup:
Madden NFL 2001 (EA, Sports)
SSX (EA, Sports)
NHL 2001 (EA, Sports)
FIFA 2001 MLS (EA, Sports)
Kessen (EA, Adventure)
X Squad (EA, Action)
Swing Away (Paradise Golf in Japan) (EA, Sports)
Sim Theme Park (to be renamed as Theme Park World) (EA, sim)
Street Fighter EX3 (Capcom, Fighting)
Tekken Tag Tournament (Namco, fighting)
Ridge Racer V (Namco, Racing)
Summoner (THQ, RPG)
Ready to Rumble (Midway, Boxing)
Star Wars: Starfighter (LucasArts, Action-Shooter)
Unreal Tournament (Infogrames, First-Person Shooter)
Evergrace (Agetec, RPG)
Armored Core 2 (Agetec, Action)
Eternal Ring (Agetec, RPG)
Timesplitters (Eidos, First-Person Shooter)
Fusion GT (Hresvelgr in Japan) (Crave, Racing)
Smuggler's Run (Rockstar, Racing-Adventure)
Midnight Club (Rockstar, Racing)
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/080/080046p1.html

:lol :lol :lol

Man, I shoulda pivked up midnight Club from the start. RRV is a better racer, but I never had the fun with it that I did in Midnight Club.

My launch went like this:

Ridge Racer V - Fun but I found it visually lacking somehow, also that guy says "rOOOkies"
Armored Core 2 - Complete shit. A game where I actually complained about the controls. Nice slowdown; way to show off my new system, fuckwipes!
Tekken Tag - Looks awesome! I don't really like Tekken. No one I know wants to play Tekken.
DOA: Hardcore - Very fun fighter. I already had it on the DC, though. Also, no one I know wants to play me.
Fight Club - Finally, I can watch my favorite movie on DVD. Best Launch Title.

Miguel

Played the fuck out of Tekken Tag for a good 8 months before I bought a 2nd game. :lol

I splurged almost 500 bucks on the PS2, extra controller, memory card, and Tekken Tag.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I will celebrate by hoping my girlfriend gets me one for Christmas.

Also, happy birthday to Majora's Mask, quite possibly the best Zelda game -- and one of the best videogames -- ever made.

bjork

I got in trouble at my job for leaving like six hours early on PS2 launch day... but hey, I told them I needed it off and I didn't get the day off, so they knew it was coming.

Camped out 14 hours in a mall food court, with some dudes who were... well, you kinda think that when someone sees video game fans as dirty and creepy dudes, they're wrong. But I know the terror of being surrounded by a pack of this rare breed of creepy dirty gamer for like 13.5 hours...

Got the PS2 at midnight, came home and tossed in Driver so I could check out the texture smoothing, and then I slept hard. Haven't preordered anything in-store since and never plan to again. Online all the way. :)

Top Bottom