• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

40(!) new Half Life 2 pics

Kon Tiki

Banned
image02.jpg

perrybible-1.jpg

EGM92

Wow those shots look crazy can't wait!!

This might be a dumb question but is this game more graphically demanding then Doom 3?

Thx,

EGM92

Valve has been working on the game!

Can't wait!

Here's an odd thing though--Review copies must be out... which means this game is in danger of piracy...

They need to release it already... before teh warez kiddies screw it all up...

Burger

PotatoeMasher said:
Valve has been working on the game!

Can't wait!

Here's an odd thing though--Review copies must be out... which means this game is in danger of piracy...

They need to release it already... before teh warez kiddies screw it all up...

My guess is that security has been of fort-knox standard, plus they are all probably indivually watermarked with a massive fine attached for slipping it out.

Phoenix

The only thing I'll say is that some of the screen shots look somewhat 'empty', and that all the very straight lines just don't gell with reality. But that's okay - so long as its fun to play and its easy to make mods.

Forsete said:
Hot as hell! GOTY by far. :)

Whats up with Alyx though? Looks like she aged 25 years or something. :/

image06.jpg

that thats probably her "wtf are u doing gordon, we are fighting a war and you are painting fucking pictures on the wall" look

WarPig

So, I wonder. Did a mag leak it, did Valve leak it, did VU leak it, or did someone hack Steam?

I'm betting on somebody at VU leaking it.

DFS.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
So, I wonder. Did a mag leak it, did Valve leak it, did VU leak it, or did someone hack Steam?

DFS.

These are supposedly from the PC Gamer UK DVD-Rom. Whoever has it just copied the images from the DVD-Rom and hosted them.

bobafett

HL2 looks promising. Nice job, artistically and technically.

So far I have five nominees for GOTY: PES4 (Xbox), GTA, MGS3, GT4 and HL2.

2004 rox.

EmSeta

WarPig said:

DFS.

Leak? These screens look pretty commercial to me. Maybe it's some exclusivity deal with some obscure mag?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Does anyone know what the highest score ever from PC Gamer UK is? People are saying no game has ever scored higher than 96% from them so that means this tied the high score. Highest in US PC Gamer is 98% for Alpha Centauri, Half-Life got a 97%.

image03.jpg

Louis Gossett Jr. and some black guy! :)

Insertia

HL2 is no longer technically a mind blower, but from a pure design point only Wanda rivals it. Some of those shots are beautiful.

Not to mention the best character posing and facial posing I can recall in a video game. It's so refreshing to see NPCs that don't look like walking stiffs.

I remember being alot more impressed earlier this year. It looks like the game took a step down graphically or something. Everything looks more generic and polygonal, or.. something.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I believe the game looks alot more impressive than it did before.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

Go Go Ackman! said:
I remember being alot more impressed earlier this year. It looks like the game took a step down graphically or something. Everything looks more generic and polygonal, or.. something.

Agreed. But I think it has more to do with games such as DOOM 3, FarCry, Halo 2 and so on. Half-Life 2 still looks impressive, but it's no longer lightyears ahead of the rest.

element

HL2 technically matches Doom 3 and artistically CRUSHES it.

I still think it is probably the most impressive looking game around right now.

after seeing the coastline video released from E3, you can see that HL2 changes the way FPS will be played from now on. Instead of just running around and shooting everything in sight, you can use the enviroment, and the physics engine to attack enemies.

the game will be amazing.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Mama Smurf said:
Yey for lack of plastic shading!

Definitely, Doom3 is entirely too "plasticy". I never really liked the look iD chose for the D3 Engine, it just seems too unrealistic. The only area where it really kicks HL2's ass is lighting, but as far as realistic looking graphics HL2 is second to none.

Socreges

Banned
It looks excellent now. There was a time when the game appeared to have taken a small hit graphically, but obviously there's no cause for concern. Now I can continue wondering if this could possibly run on my computer. I like to call him "Little Lightning", but to be fair he's quite big and very fucking slow.

Top Bottom