• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 Extra levels with the Halo 2 Limited Edition?

Renegade

Banned
I just came back from preordering the LE of Halo 2. :D It was a good experience. They told me to come back at 9 because they expect at least 400-600 people to be in line tonight buying and reserving a copy for next shipment or something. Crazy

I was at the register and the dude asked me if I wanted to reserve the regular or Limited edition. I asked him if it cost extra to reserve the limited edition and both at the register told me

"It's only 5 extra, but with the 5 extra you get a extra DVD and 5 more levels that you would have to download on Xbox Live on the regular version for more money."

I had never heard of this. 5 Extra levels?!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
What? You believed this doofus?

No way MS splinters the fanbase of their only big gun this holiday season right off the bat.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
I love when retail workers at videogame stores try to entice you in to buying things. I overheard some employee telling a customer that if he didnt reserve Halo 2, he wouldn't receive it until next year.

Soul4ger

The exact contents of the Limited Edition are listed on the back of the metal display case. I don't know if they had any on the floor there, but no extra game content will be in the LE. It's all documentary stuff.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
"Preorder Tomb Raider 7, and Angelina Jolie will come to your house and give you a rimmer!" </lying register guy>

Flynn

bishoptl said:
"Preorder Tomb Raider 7, and Angelina Jolie will come to your house and give you a rimmer!" </lying register guy>

*Whips out five bucks*

You can't win if you don't play.

gohepcat

Banned
Coin Return said:
I love when retail workers at videogame stores try to entice you in to buying things. I overheard some employee telling a customer that if he didnt reserve Halo 2, he wouldn't receive it until next year.

They have always said that. I bet you can walk into any store tomrorow and pick up a copy. If not tomorrow you can get it next week. Retards.

Soul4ger

By the way, for the record, we've been told, at least at my EB, that we have pre-ordered through all of our Limited Edition copies of the game (we can confirm this, since they're sitting in the back of the store), and that the first shipment is, in fact, the only shipment of them. So they really are limited. Maybe to a couple million, but they are limited. :p

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'll pick up a copy Wednesday night, just before my 4-day weekend. I was just going to rent it, but I have fallen victim to the hype machine!

Take my moneys, Microsoft! :D

IJoel

bishoptl said:
I'll pick up a copy Wednesday night, just before my 4-day weekend. I was just going to rent it, but I have fallen victim to the hype machine!

Take my moneys, Microsoft! :D

Hey, it's all a vicious cycle. AEG pays you, and you send it back to MS.

MS WINS!

*cue Gates' laughter*

Top Bottom