• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A bike to get around a college campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a bike to get around my campus (it's in a city environment). I don't want some unneccessarily big mountain bike, I want something smaller and lighter. Anyone have any suggestions? Can someone point me to a good bike website?

BuddyC

vespa.jpg

carpal

Around my campus in Philadelphia, people go boner for fixed gear track bikes. Don't ask me why, though. I kind of like that whole hand brake thing.

BuddyC

Teh Hamburglar said:
Chris, people aren't laughing with you when you drive by on campus with that "Pimp mobile". We're laughing at you. Sorry man :(

Tell that to my new girlfriend..

vespa%203%20grande.jpg

*BUMP*

vespa.jpg

Oh shit. Honey, you alright? Honey?

darscot

That scooter is rather lame with the flowers and all. They have some kick ass retro ones in Japan though. I serioulsy considered shipping one home when I was there. Total macking pimp scooters over there.

Tekky

Look in the campus or local want-ads or bulletin boards.

There's always good bikes to be found from people moving away.

Or just get a stick and jam it into the spokes of a bike you like as it passes by. In some countries they call this hunting.

Mumbles

Buy something used and rusty looking. If you're just going around campus, you can skip the suspension and whatnot, just make sure the chain, cables, and so forth are still good.

And bring at least one lock with you - two would be preferable - one U-lock, and one cable. That way, they steal someone else's bike instead of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom