• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

a FREE MMO GTA and the possibilities

this could be HUGGEE ..

Live radio stations ? that can pay and cover the costs of the servers ?

just imagine the possibilities ... I'd like to know what u guys think of this ..

post ideas and sh**

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I strongly believe it's the next logical step in the franchise evolution.

GTA: SA already looks like a MMORPG with no online option to me.

As for the possibilities, yeah, radio stations for sure, but also expantion packs with new cities and places to add to the whole world (or universe?). The possibilites are endless within GTA frame work. Heck, you can even play videgames within it already. It could work this way: you are in this huge online environment with other people doing stuff and then you gather some friends, create a party, and go to a mission by trigging the red cicle. Each mission should be available depending on the number of party members (say, "you need 2 other players to undertake this mission" or "you can go solo in this mission"). Then, when you trigger a mission, it goes into some kind of "limited online environment" where all party members see/interact with each other with no other players around to ruin the experience. When the mission is over you are back to main online environment with upgraded skill, items and whatnot you got during that mission.

There's probably something worng in this, but sure there are possibilities to create a unique online game.

Zaptruder

Banned
Rahul said:
How exactly is broadcasting music one-way into an MMO game profitable for the radio stations?

It's not. But what about the producers broadcast their own music into the game and include advertising?

Also add rotating advertisements on billboards as well as ads that run on TVs and similar items in game.

Then take licensing from real world items...

food, clothing brands, car upgrades, etc, etc.

TTP said:
I strongly believe it's the next logical step in the franchise evolution.

GTA: SA already looks like a MMORPG with no online option to me.

As for the possibilities, yeah, radio stations for sure, but also expantion packs with new cities and places to add to the whole world (or universe?). The possibilites are endless within GTA frame work. Heck, you can even play videgames within it already. It could work this way: you are in this huge online environment with other people doing stuff and then you gather some friends, create a party, and go to a mission by trigging the red cicle. Each mission should be available depending on the number of party members (say, "you need 2 other players to undertake this mission" or "you can go solo in this mission"). Then, when you trigger a mission, it goes into some kind of "limited online environment" where all party members see/interact with each other with no other players around to ruin the experience. When the mission is over you are back to main online environment with upgraded skill, items and whatnot you got during that mission.

There's probably something worng in this, but sure there are possibilities to create a unique online game.

Also online turf wars would be awesome. Have it where if no one is at your turf you're trying to take over, you walk up and touch some kind of icon which triggers something similar to GTASA where everyone in that gang is notified that their turf is trying to get taken ever. The next thing you know about 20 or so cars start pulling up all around the gang territory with members hopping out ready to fight.

There's only 1 online game that i've ever paid to play (PSO) but GTA Online would be something I would have no problem paying to play.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
Also online turf wars would be awesome. Have it where if no one is at your turf you're trying to take over, you walk up and touch some kind of icon which triggers something similar to GTASA where everyone in that gang is notified that their turf is trying to get taken ever. The next thing you know about 20 or so cars start pulling up all around the gang territory with members hopping out ready to fight.

There's only 1 online game that i've ever paid to play (PSO) but GTA Online would be something I would have no problem paying to play.

Yeah, was thinking about that too. It can actually turn out like Counter-Strike or BF with cars, vehicles, tanks or whatever. But just if you trigger that icon you talk about.

Rahul

Zaptruder said:
It's not. But what about the producers broadcast their own music into the game and include advertising?

Also add rotating advertisements on billboards as well as ads that run on TVs and similar items in game.

Then take licensing from real world items...

food, clothing brands, car upgrades, etc, etc.

Oh I see, I misunderstood the radio station sugestion... in that case, carry on.

Yah it could really be something cool if they do it right. You wouldn't need to keep all your members on the actual gang field. So you could have some people as snipers on top of surrounding buildings waiting for people to start getting out of their car so you can pick them off.

They'd need to redo the leveling system so instead of your character having a meter they have actual stats like an RPG. Completing certain (hard) missions would allow you to give a certain amount of upgrade to your stats, but you'd still be able to upgrade like in GTA by shooting enemies, driving ect.

Another thing they should add is the ability to actually become a part of the police force, fighter squad ect. Go through certain tests where you'd actually be a police officer instead of stealing a car and going into R3. That way people who've wanted to be the good guy in the series could. People who want to be gang members can be. People that want to just wonder around the city doing their own thing can.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Yes product placement would be interesting, maybe it will become apart of every online game.

Xbox live proudly brought to you by coke?

Zaptruder

Banned
Do The Mario said:
Yes product placement would be interesting, maybe it will become apart of every online game.

Xbox live proudly brought to you by coke?

If I had the choice of free Xbox live, filled with intrusive ads (such as a commercial clip playing before loading every game or entering lobbies and upon the startup of xbox live)... and normal Xbox live, I'd take free Xbox live!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
Another thing they should add is the ability to actually become a part of the police force, fighter squad ect. Go through certain tests where you'd actually be a police officer instead of stealing a car and going into R3. That way people who've wanted to be the good guy in the series could. People who want to be gang members can be. People that want to just wonder around the city doing their own thing can.

Yeah, in a sense it can turn out like a more action oriented online RPG with classes/job like medic (can cure gang mebers on the fiel), police officer, and whatever instead of warriors, monks, black mages etc.

Zaptruder

Banned
Hmm... I could see a GTA MMO game working out really well actually :p

They have criminal factions, representing the different ethnic groups. (Mafia, Yakuza, bikers, etc)

Then in each criminal faction, you'd have different clans/guilds. Each guild would have something like a point rating, which would give them additional benefits... like having access to higher 'tech' stuff... government officials, bank managers, the local fuzz in your pocket, etc.

The clans could challenge each other occasionally... but normally, they'd have to be quite busy dealing with other criminal factions.

Instead of leveling off normal mobs, players would level and gain exp off other players.

They could hire NPC thugs... hire rate as well as a deposit per thug. Higher gang ratings would attract better level thugs and even unique thugs. Hell, players can even take the roll of a hired thug and play as a wanderer.

At the beginning, they'd start off with petty crimes... stealing stuff from store keepers, burglary, etc. Then move up, bank raids, extortion, drug dealing, weapons distribution... each level attracting higher and more difficult attention.

Or they could choose to play as law enforcement. Which would respond to NPC calls for help. Instead of a system of play similar to the thugs, they'd have their own system of leveling and item acquisition.

And then there could be vehicles and stuff that you can do up. Cars in this game would be alot more difficult to steal; if you try to jack a vehicle, there's a much higher chance of the driver driving away, of another onlooker coming to their aid (crushing and jostling you). Stealing vehicles from lots would require a good amount of time to open as well hot wire. Some cars would simply be impossible due to immobilizer. Some cars would have alarms that attract the attention of closeby security guards. Then some of the cars could have a high chance of breaking down.

And after all that trouble, you couldn't do a lot with a stolen car... drive them around, but attract law enforcement. fencing them would be difficult and would need a system in and of themselves.
In addition, overall car protection in the city will react to the number of cars stolen. If cars get stolen heaps, then citizens will install immobilizers, making it all but impossible to steal cars. After a while, the 'threat level' can go down.
The threat level idea can also apply to homes (for burglary) and businesses and banks, etc.

This would be the greatest game ever if done right :p

I was thinking about this yesterday. I think a lot of the additions in GTA:SA help pave the way for online. GTA online would be pretty pointless if it was just 16 or 32 player, but MMO would seriously rock. Only problem is it may be difficult to write efficient netcode, even for broadband I would think.

Zaptruder

Banned
It would be difficult to design a compelling long term action MMORPG I think... so changing targetting systems to stats base would help...

but then there's still the issue of driving. How could you make it less reliant on lag? I don't know. Use really fast servers is my only guess.

Zaptruder said:
It would be difficult to design a compelling long term action MMORPG I think... so changing targetting systems to stats base would help...

but then there's still the issue of driving. How could you make it less reliant on lag? I don't know. Use really fast servers is my only guess.

as long as there is something te guilds/clans/gangs are fighting to get, then there's no ending ..

how about a main town with all the good resources the gang needs ?

didnt rockstar state that gta 4 would have a heavy online component?

I wouldnt be suprised if some of these ideas are in the tank for gta4 on ps3

Top Bottom