• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Punch-Out for GC????

aparisi2274

I got a question, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.

I had heard last night from a kid I know who works in EB that Nintendo has a Punch Out game coming for the GC. That was the first time I heard of that, and I brushed him off, because I hadnt heard a single thing. So does anyone know if there are any plans for this game to hit the GC?

BuddyC

One of the mini-games in Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat is rather Punch-Out esque, but it's safe to say that EB kid is talking out of his ass.

aparisi2274

BuddyChrist83 said:
One of the mini-games in Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat is rather Punch-Out esque, but it's safe to say that EB kid is talking out of his ass.

Yeah thats what I thought, when he was like "I read it on a site that was linked from another site, yada yada yada"

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I don't want to sound mean (my apologies to those who work at a gamestore) but generally you'd be wise to ignore a lot of what employees have to say regarding game news. From my experience a lot of employees are overly excited when it comes to rumors or news and either skew the information due to shortsightedness or simply misinterpret it outright.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I think it's a prerequisite for anyone wanting to work at an EB store to regularly talk out of their ass.

"Do you talk out of your ass, son?"

"Oh yes sir, I do!"

"You're hired."

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
To be fair... this may be a case of SKU hunting...

If you work at either EB or Gamestop you may find that during the slow periods employees like the surf the listing of SKU's to see what's in there. While working at Gamestop a bit back I use to see countless SKUs for games that were never announced and never existed... a new Warhawk SKU was in there at one point(it sticks out as being the most memorable).

So the kid may have just be SKU surfing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
A new Punch-Out would fit the DS like a glove (dual screens, like the original arcade game, stylus control to aim your punches)...

Hero

I can only pray for a new Punch-Out game for any Nintendo system. GBA, GCN, NDS, RevolutioN, etc.

aparisi2274

Well this kid at EB is an ass.

I went in there one day, back in June, and I was like, hey I just got Winning Eleven 7 International Edition, and he was like, with a serious face mind you, "Oh yeah, we just got in 3 copies of WE8" Now this was in June, before Konami even announced the game. So we made fun of him relentlessly, and then when I read the story on 1up.com that Konami Japan announced WE8 in Japan for 8/7, I took the article in to him, and made him read it, and again with the most serious of faces, he looks at me and says "I dont care, we still got 3 copies in" I looked at him, and laughed in his face for a good 30secs. Then when I read another article a few weeks ago saying that WE8 was due here in the states in March 05, I took it to him again, he read it, and agin with a serious face looked at me and said "I dont care dude, we still got 3 copies in" Then I said to him that I just DLed Winning Eleven 43 for the PS5, and he called me a dick and I left the store.

It was one of the funniest times I ever had dealing with this particular employee.

Also, on a side note, I worked for 5 years at my local EB, and I was never like these kids are today with their rumors. I actually made sure what I was saying was true. But I understand what you guys are saying. It is pathetic now.

xsarien

daedsiluap
aparisi2274 said:
Well this kid at EB is an ass.

I went in there one day, back in June, and I was like, hey I just got Winning Eleven 7 International Edition, and he was like, with a serious face mind you, "Oh yeah, we just got in 3 copies of WE8" Now this was in June, before Konami even announced the game. So we made fun of him relentlessly, and then when I read the story on 1up.com that Konami Japan announced WE8 in Japan for 8/7, I took the article in to him, and made him read it, and again with the most serious of faces, he looks at me and says "I dont care, we still got 3 copies in" I looked at him, and laughed in his face for a good 30secs. Then when I read another article a few weeks ago saying that WE8 was due here in the states in March 05, I took it to him again, he read it, and agin with a serious face looked at me and said "I dont care dude, we still got 3 copies in" Then I said to him that I just DLed Winning Eleven 43 for the PS5, and he called me a dick and I left the store.

Why didn't you just ask to see the three copies?

aparisi2274

xsarien said:
Why didn't you just ask to see the three copies?

Oh I did, and so did the other kid who was working that night, and when we asked him, he was like "They all sold out" Then we said to show us the SKU in the system. Again, we got an excuse "Oh the system is down, so all I can do is ring people up"

Lets just say that we kept this a running joke with this kid. He would always get more and more annoyed that we werent biting.

Also, just as a sidenote, the kid looks like Beefsteak Charlie.

Top Bottom