• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A peculiar thing with Xbox Live...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Where are all the MMORPG's?? It's strange how an online service such a Live still lacks one of the most prominent online game genres today. It would really peak my interest in Live if a developer made a good quality MMORPG for Xbox. I only know about True Fantasy Live Online, which was cancelled. Even so, I saw TFLO more as an attempt to market the Live feature in Japan. Why haven't they asked a Western developer to make an MMORPG (specifically for the Western market)? Because they have a stable online service, they have a HDD to utilize. Is it the lack of mouse + keyboard support? Or is it just too expensive and risky to make it work?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There were 2 MMORPGs coming from Microsoft. Both of which were canned. (TFLO and Citizen Zero)

I don't think it's practical at this point yet either. Live will continue to expand and grow and you'll probably have some MMORPGs on Xbox 2. You won't see any for Xbox I'm sure of.

Ranger X

MMORPG would equals "paying on top of your Live fee". I'm very thankfull that the developers seems to think it's a bad idea. This must also mean that a free MMORPG is also a bad idea for them so in fact they still sucks.

Top Bottom