• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"A pic is worth a thousand words"

SaitoH

An old addage, but applicable in this scientific look at the current console wars.

I give you exhibit A:

systemwars.jpg

Three columns. On the left, PS2. In the center, Xbox, and on the right, GC. Using a ruler I measured the three piles and came up with these numbers:

PS2: 70cm
Xbox: 24cm
GC: 15cm

From this data (the sample base being me), I was able to ascertain that the PS2 is in fact, 3x better than the Xbox, and a staggering 5X better than the GC!

Shocking to say the least.

^_~

methodman

Banned
lol, Metroid Prime alone is better then 1/4 of your ps2 collection put together
hahaha what is Viewtiful Joe doing in the PS2 section? Don't you have the gamecube version? :lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
methodman said:
lol, Metroid Prime alone is better then 1/4 of your ps2 collection put together
hahaha what is Viewtiful Joe doing in the PS2 section? Don't you have the gamecube version? :lol :lol

That IS the Gamecube version, he has in the wrong pile

Amir0x

Banned
Haha, but really..

Games I'd remove from the PS2 pile:

Xenosaga
Devil May Cry 2
Viewtiful Joe (GC) :lol
True Crime
Siren
Rise to Honor

Amir0x

Banned
64 Gamecube games? Jesus Christ. I couldn't find that many quality Gamecube games even if I had a magical gaming genie.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
WHat's that game underneath Fable? It looks like another Fable with a blue spine.

Amir0x

Banned
Mine is...

GC:

Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
Paper Mario 2
Pikmin 1
Pikmin 2
Zelda: Wind Waker
Luigi's Mansion
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Rouge Squadron II
Beyond Good and Evil
LOTR: Return of the King
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Super Monkey Ball 1
Super Monkey Ball 2
Wario Ware
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Super Smash Bros Melee
Viewtiful Joe
Tales of Symphonia

PlayStation 2:

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
ICO
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Katamari Damacy
Shin Megami Tensei
Ace Combat 04
Ace Combat 5: Unsung War
Star Ocean
Kingdom Hearts
Gran Turismo 3
LOTR: The Two Towers
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: VC
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
La Pucelle
Disgaea
Phantom Brave
Magic Pengel
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Jak and Daxter
Jak II
SOCOM II
Devil May Cry
Sly Cooper
Sly 2
Ring of Red
Front Mission 4

Xbox:

Crimson Skies
Halo
Halo 2
Ninja Gaiden
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Chronicles of Riddick

:)

Seth C

I'll take a pictures later, but mine would show Xboz being twice as good as PS2, and GameCube being completely worthless. :)

My lists are 54 GCN, 84 Xbox, 91 PS2...

The PS2 list could be a lot bigger, but I've chosen to get a lot of 3rd party games on the Xbox and GCN (except in cases where the PS2 version is best).

Amir0x

Banned
buck naked said:
My lists are 54 GCN, 84 Xbox, 91 PS2...

The PS2 list could be a lot bigger, but I've chosen to get a lot of 3rd party games on the Xbox and GCN (except in cases where the PS2 version is best).

Holy christ, that's a LOT of games.

I do have a lot of games, but to clarify... I'm talking about my lists. I own 270 games and have 514 on my collection list. My list will probably extend to - and I hope to own - 600 by the end of this generation.

Aren't his piles of games supposed to represent how large the userbase is for each console? Or is he simply showing off his game collection ?

SaitoH

Oops, it appears Viewtiful Joe was placed in the wrong pile. I may have to recalculate ...

>_>

System wars via stacked games ... novel approach, or madness?!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I count 11 games in your PS2 pile that are on other systems, and for most of them, the Xbox/GC version is better. :)

That echoes my collection a little bit too...I have much more PS2 games than Xbox or GC titles. I play my Xbox more than anything right now though...Outrun 2, Halo 2, SF Anniversary Collection, DOA Ultimate, Outlaw Golf 2, and more are keeping me glued to it.

Mashing

How the fuck did Sony get away with having Socom 2 in such a huge box.... considering shelf space is a premium at most retailers?

Ronin

Mashing said:
How the fuck did Sony get away with having Socom 2 in such a huge box.... considering shelf space is a premium at most retailers?
Thats SOCOM 1. And I think it's because of the headset.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm glad I don't have that many games.

Constantly finding myself looking at my 40 odd games of this gen and just thinking "I cannot be bothered to play any of these titles."

Shinobi

firex said:
my gc stack is much higher, but that's just from the dust that's been collecting since this summer.

:lol

Brandon F said:
WHat's that game underneath Fable? It looks like another Fable with a blue spine.

I think that was the Fable preview disc that came out about a month or two before.

olimario

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I hope you don't mind me saying, but you really need to take better care of those Japanese GC boxes ;)

I know I do. It's just, when I lent my system and my games to my friend Steven he was really careless with the whole of it. My cases were all around his room and now my GC lid has trouble opening. :(
Last time I lend him anything I care about.

M3wThr33

Banned
Well, 64 is actually the number of cases. That includes the preview disc, the zelda and Rebel strike bonus discs. On the flip side, it doesn't include the GB player box or my MP2E demo disc.

Add THUG1, SADX and MAT2 to that picture.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i have 67 ps2 games, 20 xbox games, and 20 gc games. i'd rather not see them all piled in one place. not an accurate reflection of how much i like each of those consoles, though.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
oligamecoll.jpg

You imported P.N.03? My sympathies. And why two copies of Super Monkey Ball 2?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
tedtropy said:
oligamecoll.jpg

You imported P.N.03? My sympathies. And why two copies of Super Monkey Ball 2?

Has to pad the numbers some how!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
M3wThr33 said:
And my pile would put the GameCube as 16x more better than the PS2 (64 v 4). PS2 BOMB BOMB!

0_o

64 GC titles? That never ceases to amaze me...

How many of those are average 3rd party titles?

Top Bottom