• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Spelling is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/06/23/spelling.obit.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Aaron Spelling, a onetime movie bit player who turned to television production to create a massive number of hit series from the vintage "Charlie's Angels," "Dynasty," "Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island" to "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Melrose Place," died Friday, his publicist said. He was 83.

Spelling died at his home in Los Angeles after suffering a stroke on June 18, according to publicist Kevin Sasaki.

Rotanibor

This is going to be one of those threads where everybody says 'You mean he wasn't already dead?'. Cause I know I sure said that.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Man the episode where the Love Boat went to Fantasy Island was TV at it's best.

As was the episode where Charlie's Angels took a cruise on the Love Boat.

Why can't we get Jack Bauer on the Lost island? We need more awesome crossovers!

ManaByte

Gold Member
DarienA said:
Damn Spelling produced so many shows for me to grow up to....

Exactly!

The Love Boat
Charlie's Angels
Fantasy Island

I would SO buy DVD sets of Love Boat and Fantasy Island. Instantly. DE PLANE! DE PLANE!

Crab Shaker

Doesn't pay his sources
demi said:
I saw him on a show, ET maybe? He looked really frail.
prominentdemi7af.jpg

excellent new avatar.

MIMIC

Banned
ManaByte said:
Man the episode where the Love Boat went to Fantasy Island was TV at it's best.

As was the episode where Charlie's Angels took a cruise on the Love Boat.

Why can't we get Jack Bauer on the Lost island? We need more awesome crossovers!

2 Jacks in one place @_@

The island would explode!

ManaByte

Gold Member
They tried to revive The Love Boat on UPN a few years ago, but today with reality shows being so popular if ABC were to revive it now and do the whole big name guest star thing it could probably take off again.

That show was so awesome. Every week there'd be another big 70s/80sguest star boarding the ship. And it had that ultra cheesy theme song.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Tori just became a billion dollars richer.
Pure truth. I was friends with one of her former bodyguards and he'd always have horror stories of her crapping herself at parties in a drunken daze.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Adam Blade said:
... >_> must be a lotta oldsters in here... <_<

If you'd look at his IMDB entry, you'll see that he was behind a lot shows that the whippersnappers were and are watching.

Adam Blade said:
Touchy, aren't we? :p

Seriously dude STFU, he may not have been the most well know of producers or have a huge fan base (if you over under a certain age) but anyone who comes in to any RIP thread just to act like a jackass has something seriouly wrong with them...

sefskillz said:
Maybe Tori can get one last shot now. Maybe her own reality show?

She has a show on VH1 (So Notorious) that is a scripted reality- comedy (a la Fat Actress and The Comeback) and it's really awesome actually.

Kevtones

Star Power said:
She has a show on VH1 (So Notorious) that is a scripted reality- comedy (a la Fat Actress and The Comeback) and it's really awesome actually.

Yeah it is actually pretty good. Tori has a good sense of humor about herself, really surprised me~

i will admit i watched 90210. All the girls in school were obsessed with it so i had to see what the big deal was. Well, im here to tell you people, i came for the ladies, i stayed for the Perry. Luke Perry.

damn that dude was on my TV most of my childhood... I only liked the Love Boat because it came on just before my Cartoons on 11 Alive WPIX New York

hated that short dude "Deh Plane! Deh Plane!" as soon as he said that I changed the channel

I watched 90210 and Melrose for one year while in college back in '94. My roommate and a couple of his buddies were addicted to both shows and they would pile into our room every Tuesday night. I didn't want to watch it initially but they always brought beer and pot along so I kinda went along for the ride. I ended up really liking Melrose and, to a lesser extent, 90210 that season....of course I was usually blitzed out of my ****ing mind by the time Melrose came on.

Keyser Soze said:
Seriously dude STFU, he may not have been the most well know of producers or have a huge fan base (if you over under a certain age) but anyone who comes in to any RIP thread just to act like a jackass has something seriouly wrong with them...

"Dude", I was the first to express my condolences. A littlelightheartnedness does not a jackass make.

RIP. I watched 90210 and lately caught tons of Love Boat repeats. I could never get into Charmed but it is nice to think that the guy left on a popular note.

Adam Blade said:
"Dude", I was the first to express my condolences. A littlelightheartnedness does not a jackass make.

Yeah, sorry about that. I did not read the thread form the start and took you ribbing out of context

...dude

Christopher

I hated 90210 but everyone always use to talk about it so I watched it...I loved the theme song though. RIP Spelling (now maybe you ugly ass daughter won't be in any more shows)

Ichirou

Banned
I never watched any of this guy's shows. Did he have a sense of humor about himself (i.e., did he realize most of his productions were crap), or did he take himself seriously?

Ichirou_Oogami said:
I never watched any of this guy's shows. Did he have a sense of humor about himself (i.e., did he realize most of his productions were crap), or did he take himself seriously?

if you never watched them how do you know they were crap?

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Sucks he died of a stroke. Didn't know he was like 83. Then again haven't seen any photos of him or anything in years. RIP.

And yeah, I avoided it for awhile but when I finally saw an episode of So Notorious it was pretty f-ing hilarious. I was surprised.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
He was good but not as good as the creator of Save by the Bell.

Flynn

My favorite writing prof. worked for Spelling in the Fantasy Island/Love Boat days. He had some funny shit to say about his kooky mansion. The guy had a room dedicated solely to gift-wrapping.

Ichirou

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
if you never watched them how do you know they were crap?

I don't need to watch a whole episode of Charmed to know it's shit. :p

Ditto Seventh Heaven.

Ditto 90210.

Ditto Melrose Place.

Joe

all i know is he had a mansion that i'd stab someone in the face for. ****ing thing had a gift wrapping room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom