• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

about the nes

cabel

belgurdo said:
Considering the NES has been emulated to high hell, I doubt it

But! I can download a Desktop Wallpaper of the Mona Lisa, or buy a poster of it at the mall. (Next to the Cinnabon.)

That doesn't mean the REAL Mona Lisa is anything less than priceless!

That being said, NES's will never be worth much money -- there's only one Mona Lisa, but there's a shitload of slowly-yellowing NES's. Probably.

belgurdo

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
I actually have a nes where there is NO region lock :)

One of the first bunch shipped.

NESes have chips in them? I thought Nintendo's "region encoding" was simply putting plastic notches in the insertion bays until the Gamecube

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
If your great grand kids try to sell it, maybe. We need to wait for a lot more NES to be in landfills before their value goes up. Power Gloves, and ROB the Robot on the other hand could be worth a few bucks.

Ranger X

Now that would be retro gaming i would jump into:
Buy the new NES with 2 controller and 10 classics game bundle. 99$

belgurdo

Banned
Wyzdom said:
Now that would be retro gaming i would jump into:
Buy the new NES with 2 controller and 10 classics game bundle. 99$

Bleah...you can do that now for like $40 (for a toploader)

Anything that has sold 50+ millions will never be really rare. Well, maybe if you keep a pristine sealed copy until there are only 10 or so left in the world. But a regular, played, yellowing NES that needs a blowjob to get it to work every time... nah.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I think the best thing Nintendo can do for Revolution would have an "iTunes" setup for downloading games onto a HD... you can get like NES games for $5, SNES for $15, N64 for $20... including a Western version of Sin and Punishment, finally :p Buying the system gives you a $50 coupon to buy whatever games you want off "nTunes" or whatever :p

BeOnEdge

Banned
LEBRON KING JAMES said:
so the robot could be worth some money? i could get one of those with a nes and a duck hunt gun for 79$

if brand new, sealed, YES!!!! i got a hold of 3 sealed nes for 70 each and sold em for 300 each on ebay

Top Bottom