• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 3D Assault Horizon+ : new trailer and pics showcasing the amiibo planes

L~A

The game is coming out tomorrow, so Bandai-Namco has uploaded one last trailer for the "+" version of Ace Combat 3D, on the 3DS.

The trailer showcases the various special planes you can unlock via amiibo... including a couple of new planes like Pac-Man's. Apparently, most amiibo can unlock 2 different skins for their special plane.

> YouTube

All the special planes:

FF-22 (Mario, 2 colours)
F-35 (Luigi, 2 colours)
TYPHOON (Peach, 2 colours)
A-10A (Bowser, 2 colours)
F/A-18E (Donkey Kong, 2 colours)
PAK FA (Pac-Man, 2 colours)
F-14D (Link, 1 colour)
F-15SE (Zelda, 1 colour)
FALKEN (Fox, 1 colour)
F-16C (Captain Falcon, 1 colour)
YF-23A (Samus, 1 colour)

4Gamer.net got some pics of the various planes, too (click here for a gallery of embeddable pics ;))

hatchx

Banned
This is like a remaster of the previous 3DS ace combat iirc, is this a good game? I don't remember seeing too many reviews or impressions....

Golnei

The Pac-Man and second Bowser paintjob are the only ones that fall short of hideous. Samus' gunship, the Falcon Flyer, an Arwing and the Loftwing would have lent themselves so easily to colour schemes; yet they decided to go with regurgitated renders.

FALKEN (Fox, 1 colour)
F-16C (Captain Falcon, 1 colour)

Also, it's hard to believe they missed that opportunity completely...

L~A

This is like a remaster of the previous 3DS ace combat iirc, is this a good game? I don't remember seeing too many reviews or impressions....

This isn't a remaster (both games are on the same console), but an improved version with more control options (additional buttons and 2nd stick) + the amiibo unlockables.

@MUWANdo

Banned

Yeah, it's pretty fun. It's actually a remake of Ace Combat 2, one of the more well-regarded games in the series, but Namco didn't bother to tell anyone it was a remake and instead branded it as a handheld companion title to the new console sequel that was out at the time, a game that wasn't especially popular.

All that being said, this new version is the same game but with Amiibo support and twin-stick controls, so you could probably just grab the original release out of a bargain bin and save yourself some cash.

I would like this now knowing it's a remake of Ace Combat 2, but I JUST bought the PSX version recently. Maybe I should just play that since I think the old graphics are more charming.

Eolz

Nice! Missed the first version, will buy this one.

Strangely, only the Pac-Man Amiibo unlock looks good, unlike the others where the regular unlocks seem better.

Ridley327

It's sad to see a series that was once so great just flail around like it has the past few years. :(

The original release of this got a pretty favorable reception, but it was a remake of an already good installment of the series. It does seem like Project Aces doesn't really know the best way to approach brand-new titles, which is unfortunate.

Boney

Banned
It's great, bit I'd just get the old versión for 10 bucks, this adds amiibo planes and second stick support.

It's definately one of my better 3ds games, although it's 6-7 hours. There's tons of unlock able planes and parts and difficulty levels, and a few extra missions after the campaign.

Top Bottom