• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACK! I hate all SciFi/USA Mini-Series!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

element

I just got finished watching the 4400, and what an awful ending. Uggg. I got totally sucked into their last Mini-Series with Taken, and that ended pretty lame. Now watched all five episodes of the 4400 and it ended very lame as well.

WTF is up with the baby!?!?!

I hate you NBCUniversal

So how did it end? I stopped watching after the first one when I couldn't get thorugh the corny dialogue and the hackneyed characters.

element

mrkapawutzis said:
So how did it end? I stopped watching after the first one when I couldn't get thorugh the corny dialogue and the hackneyed characters.
the boy in the coma was suppose to be a medium for all the people 'taken'. they ended up being taken to the future by humans to save the human race (very much like the movie Millennium). They ended up taking the 4400 to change time to stop the human race from dying.
You don't find out what is up with the baby, all you see is them driving to the hospital. You don't find out what many do with their 'powers'.
It was just lame.

SyNapSe

karasu said:
Yeah the series was good until that fucking finale. Just horrible.

IAWTP. Liked I asked in the thread earlier... Were they hoping to get a normal tv show spinoff of this or something?

The ending was ludicrous, in that it was a cliffhanger (kinda) for a miniseries. Which wouldn't have been so bad if it WASNT THE LAST SHOW OF THE SERIES.

ManaByte

Gold Member
You now, I liked Taken up until the end where it turned into the super happy Spielberg alien ending.

G4life98

well i dont really think 4400 is a miniseries, just a regular series with a really short first season. Hopefully it will get renewed.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
5 days to midnight was horrible, too.

It started out alright, and then towards the middle it got drawn out, and then by the end...Huh? Fuck off. Try to make me interested and then that bullshit ending...bastards.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Sci-Fi has been quiet on the rumored Quantum Leap mini-series. Basically it'll be Sam's daughter leaping through time with the help of Al to try to find Sam. Personally, they should just cancel Enterprise and have Sci-Fi do another three-to-five years of regular Quantum Leap.

That series ended right when it was getting good. The last couple seasons had the Jimmy episodes, the Marilyn Monroe episode, the "trilogy", the one where he leaped into Al, and the best episode ever where he leaped into Oswald. Good thing it's coming out on DVD now.

ManaByte

Gold Member
MoxManiac said:
Yeah what's his face is probably still young enough to do Quantum Leap.

True... and

Since Sam never did return home it doesn't matter since he will be spending the rest of his life leaping.

Tenguman

The Dune and Children of Dune series were the best TV cinema I've ever seen. GREAT movies. They are actually one of my favorite movies

But I agree, Taken SUCKED. The first week was very good, but the second week KILLED the miniseries. It's a shame that Children of Dune wasn't able to be nominated for an Emmy cause SciFi wanted to use Taken just cause it was "Spielberg".

ManaByte said:
That series ended right when it was getting good. The last couple seasons had the Jimmy episodes, the Marilyn Monroe episode, the "trilogy", the one where he leaped into Al, and the best episode ever where he leaped into Oswald. Good thing it's coming out on DVD now.

Naw, I gotta disagree. The last season with all of the real life characters were dull and were just made because they were trying to get a boost in the ratings by including real life charecters more prominently. Personally, I was glad that it ended when it did, and I'm kind of reticent about any new series that will continue the storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom