• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Game Maker (PC, 2025, GochaGocha Games)

CamHostage

The RPG Maker studio (which also a bit ago did Pixel Game Maker, which has a lot of similarities) have a new game design tool/game app coming for PC for designing 2D action games. Interestingly, this one is built on top of GODOT (which could be a good thing for stability and depth of design, but could also be a problem since RPG Maker Unite made on top of Unity was something of a clusterfart.) Lots of samples and assets, lots of ways to customize your game, and "no coding necessary" since it uses node-based visual scripting (although are nodes really that easy to understand? My LBP and Dreams attempts at gamemaking sucked, but maybe somebody's good at it... scripting is still included, in any case.)

What Is "ACTION GAME MAKER"?

The latest in the long-running “Maker” series of game development toolkits, “ACTION GAME MAKER” brings 2D action game development to those of all skill levels!
Built using Godot Engine, ”Action Game Maker” provides access to professional level functions without any programming required!
A collection of samples and assets are included to provide the foundation needed to make your game a reality!
Unchain Your Imagination!

Fully No Coding Visual Scripting

“ACTION GAME MAKER” builds on the node-based visual scripting system created for “Pixel Game Maker MV” with many improvements.
No knowledge of programming is needed. Simply connect up Actions (similar to RPG Maker’s Event Commands) and see the unique logic for your game come together!
GIF_VS_low.gif

Advanced Engine Technology With Godot Engine!

Take advantage of the excellent 2D functionality provided by Godot Engine, the popular open source engine powering ACTION GAME MAKER!
  • UI design based on the existing Godot UI
  • Support for GDScript is provided for those who want to move beyond visual scripting.
  • A complete 2D pipeline
  • Tile Map Editor with auto-tile function
  • Supports both sprite and 2D bone animation systems
  • Access to Godot's rich particle and shader systems as well as support for dynamic lighting and shadows, enabling a full suite of graphics features!

Akuji

Looks good. Could be a fun thing to start designing a small game with as a beginner ( i am a bloody beginner)

cireza

Gold Member
Used Pixel Game Maker some time and there was a lot to improve. It was far from being that newbie friendly too. Should have offered much more "prebuilt" things so that users could move on more quickly and get results. It was riddled wuth bugs too.

RPG Maker is still my recommendation for people wanting to have fun while discovering the implications of creating a game.

Eventually decided to code my games myself.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Used Pixel Game Maker some time and there was a lot to improve. It was far from being that newbie friendly too. Should have offered much more "prebuilt" things so that users could move on more quickly and get results. It was riddled wuth bugs too.

The ease-of-access to all the power of the tools and materials in LBP, Dreams, Mario Maker, stuff like that, it is just so valuable. Getting in your 10,000 hours is so much better when it's fun and you get something out of even the first try.

What these Gocha should make in its Maker series is a Game Maker Trainer. There must usually tutorials and content samples in these things, but if they could teach you good level design and proper stat balancing, that could be quite a service.

Top Bottom