• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision's Raven Software in Development on X-Men Legends Sequel

thorns

Banned
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct. 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Based on strong consumer response to its action role playing game X-Men(TM) Legends, Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) announced today that the company is developing a sequel based on the ever-popular Marvel (NYSE: MVL - News) franchise with Raven Software. The original game challenges players to master the attributes of their favorite X-Men by creating, customizing and controlling teams of four mutants as they embark on a quest to stop the extinction of mankind. The title is currently available worldwide for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube(TM).

"For 40 years Marvel's X-Men have captivated consumers worldwide and today the brand is stronger than ever," said Ron Doornink, CEO of Activision Publishing. "X-Men Legends is already on track to be the best selling game in the franchise's history."

"We are thrilled with the critical and consumer response to X-Men Legends. Marvel and Activision are committed to ensuring that the X-Men Legends series will continue to be a top notch game franchise for years to come," said Ames Kirshen, director of video game development at Marvel.

AeroGod

Awesome. Legends is definatly my GOTY so far.

My only wish for the sequel would probably be more optional missions and more abilities for the characters.

I'm playing it through right now, there just needs to be more variety with hand-to-hand combat. But yeah, the game rocks, and the length is proper.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This is great news - I picked this up Friday on a whim, and have been having an (optic) blast with it. Congrats to Raven, they deserve it!
Prospero said:
What game has the most similar gameplay to X-Men Legends?
It's like a high-tech Gauntlet, if you want to break it down to the base elements. Incredible fun, though, especially with friends.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
bishoptl said:
It's like a high-tech Gauntlet, if you want to break it down to the base elements. Incredible fun, though, especially with friends.

Oddly enough I was going to say Gauntlet mixed with the Fun of the X-Men deluxe arcade cabinet from Konami.

Prospero

bishoptl said:

olubode said:
Oddly enough I was going to say Gauntlet mixed with the Fun of the X-Men deluxe arcade cabinet from Konami.

Oh, holy Christ, why haven't I bought this game yet?

It's lots of fun, but it does get too easy at one point. I picked this up on Monday, and I think I'm two missions away from the end. No online play, but it's still loads of fun. My only complain is one of the last characters you can unlock comes far too late for my preference.

SUPER COMBO!

Top Bottom