• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advance Wars DS, Nintendogs, Mario 64 DS = $25 @ Fry's...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
...and it isn't feature of the week! Fry's knows the games will bomb :lol

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/RopAds.aspx?adv=32664&ad=1936454

39%5CROP%5CROPAds%5C0150_20050821.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8460363.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8460364.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8460365.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8460583.gif.gif
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8460584.gif.gif
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8460585.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8460587.gif.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
man who the fuck is going to pay 30 dollars for Rengoku? I mean wtf?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Wario64 said:
trade 3/4 GBA games, get Nintendogs for free (after paying tax)

that's why I hate EB deals, trade in your fucking backlog of games for just one game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Error2k4 said:
that's why I hate EB deals, trade in your fucking backlog of games for just one game.

thats why you buy the cheapest used games you can find and potentially get the game for $10

ChrisReid

PezRadar said:
"Low Price Guarantee" doesnt mean 24.99 for nintendogs =[

Damn you fry's and your toying!

(but im sure it will be when it comes out)

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. They put that when they're not sure. Since CompUSA is also going to be $24.99, and Best Buy is $29.99 with a $5 Gift Card, it looks like Nintendogs will actually be $24.99 at Fry's.

And yay for Advance Wars!

Wario64 said:
...and it isn't feature of the week! Fry's knows the games will bomb :lol

Fry's puts the BIG games on sale launch week, not the crap. For example, Doom 3 was $36.99 at launch, so was Jade Empire. Hell, I think GTA:SA was on sale day 1.

They pick high-profile games for launch sales, because they're loss leaders. Nobody's going to come in to shop because Barbie's Horse Adventures is on sale.

So they obviously think Advance Wars and Nintendogs are a good draw.

Wario64 said:
Sorry if it made you cry, you can always ignore me if you wish

It's not like "Oh no he insulted my games, he sucks", it's more like "Hey, that's annoying when said 250000^10 times".

ChrisReid

Damn! Just got the Fry's ad for the Renton, Washington store. Says Nintendogs for $29.00, which is a pretty weird sale price. Might have to hit CompUSA where they'll have Lab/Chihuahua for $25. No sign of Advance Wars in the ad either. :(

Fularu

Banned
acidviper said:
Advance Wars DS is $57.50 in Canada, because apparently good game means "fuck you over North of the border"

It's 38.97 at Wal-mart and loblaws

Nintendogs is 34.99 at loblaws

Vard

Does Fry's have a limit on how many copies you can buy of one game?

I just want to get two copies of Advance Wars, one for myself and one for a friend.

StRaNgE

Banned
damn, i always see this shit to late.

my son got a second copy of wario ware cubed and i returned it to gamestop for credit to Nintendogs for him.

guess i should have returned it to fry's instead for credit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LittleTokyo said:
Just felt like pointing out that all three versions of Nintendogs are on the best sellers list at EBgames.com's main page.
1030-02.jpg

don't forget advance wars. DS cleaning up

Just in case anyone was hoping to take advantage of these deals in the Seattle area, I'm sad to report that we're getting the shaft. Today's ad:

8462515.gif.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bobbyconover said:
Just in case anyone was hoping to take advantage of these deals in the Seattle area, I'm sad to report that we're getting the shaft. Today's ad:

8462515.gif.gif

Looks like a region thing. Sorry doods

Today's Bay Area ad only shows Advance Wars

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8464341.gif.gif

ChrisReid

bobbyconover said:

8462515.gif.gif

Yeah, it's pretty silly. I'm not sure where to go now. It's a whole 99 cents off. I'm used to Fry's doing way better than that.

TheDuce22

Banned
Since when does Frys charge the retail price on a new game and put it in their add. You should probably call them just to make sure. Every Frys around here has it for 24.99.

ChrisReid

TheDuce22 said:
Since when does Frys charge the retail price on a new game and put it in their add. You should probably call them just to make sure. Every Frys around here has it for 24.99.

Well, it wasn't retail price, it was 29/34.00, 99 cents off. But I did one better. Brough the CompUSA ad in and they updated the price in their system for Nintendogs to $24.99. So everyone going to the Renton one should get that price now. I just showed them the ad, they typed stuff into the computer, then I brought my dogs up to the cash registers and the lower price was activated. Still $34.00 for Advance Wars, but I'm happy.

Vard

City of Industry is a little far out of my range (30 minute drive), though I might just have to go there. I called the ones in Burbank and Woodland Hills and those phail'd.

Top Bottom