• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aerosmith Retire

YCoCg

For those who can't view the tweet:
It was 1970 when a spark of inspiration became Aerosmith. Thanks to you, our Blue Army, that spark caught flame and has been burning for over five decades. Some of you have been with us since the beginning and all of you are the reason we made rock ‘n’ roll history.

It has been the honor of our lives to have our music become part of yours. In every club, on every massive tour and at moments grand and private you have given us a place in the soundtrack of your lives.

We’ve always wanted to blow your mind when performing. As you know, Steven’s voice is an instrument like no other. He has spent months tirelessly working on getting his voice to where it was before his injury. We’ve seen him struggling despite having the best medical team by his side. Sadly, it is clear, that a full recovery from his vocal injury is not possible. We have made a heartbreaking and difficult, but necessary, decision - as a band of brothers - to retire from the touring stage.

We are grateful beyond words for everyone who was pumped to get on the road with us one last time. Grateful to our expert crew, our incredible team and the thousands of talented people who’ve made our historic runs possible. A final thank you to you - the best fans on planet Earth. Play our music loud, now and always. Dream On. You’ve made our dreams come true.

GUAO5LYXEAAVR3s

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m surprised they made it this long. Steven Tyler’s in his mid 70s and was still performing. Absolute rock legends, wish I would have seen them live.

Steven Tyler Aerosmith GIF by Janis Joplin

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wonder if they will sell off their catalogue or go for the digital avatar thing like KISS.

LOTTA bands out there that need to hang up their spurs but still have an audience that wants an authentic live experience. I wish there were ways to get an immersive VR concert experience from the old footage we have of bands in their prime, I suppose AI will be able to do it in the next couple of years.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I wonder if they will sell off their catalogue or go for the digital avatar thing like KISS.
KISS sucks, Aerosmith ruled the digital before anyone

(pretty sure that's earlier than '97 but whatever YouTube is a little light on the greatness that is REVOLUTION X)

Last edited:

Drake

I’m surprised they made it this long. Steven Tyler’s in his mid 70s and was still performing. Absolute rock legends, wish I would have seen them live.

Steven Tyler Aerosmith GIF by Janis Joplin
It's crazy how old these guys are. James Hetfield just turned 61. I think Maynard from Tool is like 60 as well.

Last edited:

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
No one should be allowed to perform rock music after the age of 35. It's embarrassing.
I'm gonna half agree with this. The vocalists that spend their 20s screaming rock music just don't hold up even in their 30s. Meanwhile the instrumentalists can stay as good or better indefinitely or at least until arthritis hits.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
It's crazy how old these guys are. James Hetfield just turned 61. I think Maynard from Tool is like 60 as well.
It's crazy not only how old Metallica and Guns N Roses and Bon Jovi, etc. are - who are all roughly the same age, but how old Dave Grohl is - Nirvana seemed to come from a totally different era but he's practically the same age - 55.

Aesius

I've always been fascinated by Aerosmith because they were a big rock band in the early- to mid-70s. Then they didn't do shit for nearly 15 years before becoming relevant again in the late 80s/early 90s. And from there they continued putting out hits through the early 00s with Just Push Play.

Reactions: Gp1

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Last edited:

farmerboy

Aerosmith were my first musical love. Sad to see the end of it, but it's the right call.

Genuine legends.

F.I.N.E is an absolute belter of a song and shows how good Tyler sang.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Saw them at a festival in 2010 and walked away after about half an hour. Never been for me, but undoubtedly a shame for those in the UK who hadn't had the opportunity to see them here for the last 7 years and now won't.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Not yet, but Steven told them to go fuck themselves after they censored him flashing the shocker in the pre-show.

Original:

Censored:

Everything about that pre-ride bit is genius. The bad acting, the anticipation, the way it sets the stage for the ride itself. One of the great line queue experiences. Hogwarts castle is another great one, of course its like a 45 minute wait at least.

Top Bottom