• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After the Job Interview question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
i need some advice.

i had an interview on friday.. they told me a decision will be made this week due to their tight schedule.. i emailed the interviewer a Thank You note on monday.. do you think it would be wise to call today inquiring about the job? or should i wait a bit longer? .. i only ask cause they told me a decision needs to be made this week.

:/

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Call them today or tomorrow (I'd lean towards tomorrow, but either way), it's already mid-week. They should have selected someone by now if they were serious about deciding on someone this week.

Ferrio

Banned
The only time I ever get called after a job interview is if I actually got the damn job. They never care to tell you you didn't get the job.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Ferrio said:
The only time I ever get called after a job interview is if I actually got the damn job. They never care to tell you you didn't get the job.

I don't know about that... I've had plenty of times when an employer would call me just to tell me that I didn't get the job. IMO I'd call, since you can at least try to find out if there are any other positions available.

Tazznum1

Tomorrow. NOT today. Sure Wed. is mid-week. But Thursday is much safer. Also, if you dont get a call today, I wouldn't bother to call tomorrow. People picked get calls ASAP.

Drey1082

Ferrio said:

exactly. That's one thing I hate about interviewing. The other day i called back someone I interviewed with to ask them about the position, since they said they would get back to me in about a week, and it was a week later. I was put on hold for 20 min until i finally just hung up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom