• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AI Limit gameplay preview (looking like Code Vein 2.0)

IGN posted an exclusive gameplay preview of the most recent build of AI Limit. According to IGN the game is set to release later this year for PS5 and PC.

Some things of note:

• Work in progress footage.
  • Soulslike gameplay.
  • Labyrinth-style level design.
  • Art style similar to Code Vein, a lot of Reds and Dark Gray color used for characters and environments.
  • Has a 'Sync Rate Meter' which is like a super bar in a fighting game, that you get to 100% by attacking enemies.
  • The game wants you to be aggressive and use the Sync rate meter to do supers after a string.

I figured if there were any fans of Code Vein here like myself, this might be something to keep an eye on.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'm saving it for later. The title made me think of some AI generated game or something, really doubted for a moment lol

Last edited:
- Opens thread
- Reads "Souls-like" in the thumbnail
bored hey arnold GIF

- Closes thread

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I think AI Limit is one of the games that can be demo'ed this weekend at BitSummit Drift in Japan. Anyway, I've watched both the IGN and Noisy Pixel previews and they seemed positive on it. Will probably pick it up especially if it gets a physical release.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I can tell by the gameplay video that the the level design is absolute dog shit. If they chose a fucking copy pasted linear sewer to preview their game, you can imagine how the rest is. Pass.

Fbh

Gold Member
At least the enemies react to your attacks which instantly makes the combat look way better than Code Vein.
That said, while the main character an enemies look good, all the environments in that video look boring as fuck.

nikos

The Sync Rate meter awarding aggression could set this apart from other Souls games for me. It's pretty much the opposite of managing stamina, which I don't like doing.

This just makes me wish Bamco would make Code Vein 2 for real.
me-too-donald-glover.gif

The Sync Rate meter awarding aggression could set this apart from other Souls games for me. It's pretty much the opposite of managing stamina, which I don't like doing.
Same, I like the idea of it being treated like a fighting game super meter. There's still so many new ideas that can be had in terms of souls combat.

Top Bottom