• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Hominid review -- Gamespot

king zell

There truly isn't anything else quite like Alien Hominid on consoles today. - Ryan Davis

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/alienhominid/

922130.jpg
922129.jpg

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
This game is the second coming of Ultra Bust a Move. It's been pushed back again... this time to next week. I hope it's in stores by Black Friday, or else I will stop caring. This is like the third delay.

Eggo said:
This game is the second coming of Ultra Bust a Move. It's been pushed back again... this time to next week. I hope it's in stores by Black Friday, or else I will stop caring. This is like the third delay.
PS2 version is out now I believe. The GC version got delayed a week due to how few pressing plants are equipped to handle pressing GC games. The game's done though so I'm confident next week is solid. BETTER BE!!!!!

Trakball

Banned
Never even heard of this game until a few mins. ago.

Now I have to get it!!!!!!123

Anyone have Gamecube impressions?!

BenT

Trakball said:
Anyone have Gamecube impressions?!
The system is about the same size as I expected from pictures, and the built-in handle should be useful for taking it to a friend's place or something. I only got Luigi's Mansion, but it's fun so far. The graphics aren't quite as impressive as I was hoping, but it's at least PS2 level. The save file takes up about half the memory card 59, though. Nintendo should consider releasing larger ones. And would it be too much to ask for a wireless controller? I want to play from the far couch.

Overall, it's decent so far. I think Nintendo finally has another winner.

Edit: Whoa, try holding down Z when the system boots! :O

nitewulf

BenT said:
The system is about the same size as I expected from pictures, and the built-in handle should be useful for taking it to a friend's place or something. I only got Luigi's Mansion, but it's fun so far. The graphics aren't quite as impressive as I was hoping, but it's at least PS2 level. The save file takes up about half the memory card 59, though. Nintendo should consider releasing larger ones. And would it be too much to ask for a wireless controller? I want to play from the far couch.

victoly.

Trakball

Banned
BenT said:

Awesome! A winner is you.
smiley_thumbsup.gif

ferricide said:
is this game actually good or do people just want it to be good? SKEPTICAL
I got a good amount of time with the game back at this year's San Diego Comic-Con and, in my opinion, not only is Alien Hominid good, it is great. I had a lot of fun with it and it's miles better than the flash game. More animations, better and varied missions/levels, better play control, and a lot more crazy shit going on. It's just a blast and offers a wide variety of game play for a 2D game.

Top Bottom