• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Hominid screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
922129_20040729_screen001.jpg

922129_20040729_screen002.jpg

922129_20040729_screen003.jpg

922129_20040729_screen004.jpg

922129_20040729_screen005.jpg

922129_20040729_screen006.jpg

922129_20040729_screen007.jpg

922129_20040729_screen008.jpg

922129_20040729_screen009.jpg

922129_20040729_screen010.jpg

922129_20040729_screen011.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looking great.

is this really releasing anytime soon though? do they have a publisher even?

EDIT: just releazed this is from gamespot... i'll head over there myself ;)

op_ivy said:
is this really releasing anytime soon though? do they have a publisher even?
When I spoke to the guy at their booth @ Comicon he said that O3 was publishing it and that it should be done within a few months.

Soul4ger

Mr_Furious said:
When I spoke to the guy at their booth @ Comicon he said that O3 was publishing it and that it should be done within a few months.

Is it getting a simultaneous launch on the PS2 and GC?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Seriously, this game just leapfrogged every game not named Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne on my anticipation list.

Was this just announced or have I had my head up my ass about this game?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Archaix said:
Seriously, this game just leapfrogged every game not named Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne on my anticipation list.

Was this just announced or have I had my head up my ass about this game?

The flash version has been around for a long time. It was originally announced for the consoles something like 8 months ago, iirc but now it's finally being shown. I've been frothing for this one ever since it was announced because I loved the flash game so much.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The flash game was a lot of fun. This could be fantastic, and visually, I am QUITE pleased. :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
JC10001 said:
The flash version has been around for a long time. It was originally announced for the consoles something like 8 months ago, iirc but now it's finally being shown. I've been frothing for this one ever since it was announced because I loved the flash game so much.

I knew about the flash game, but as far as I was aware, that's all it ever was. The flash version is one of my favorite flash games. I had no idea this was announced. Bad me! Bad! Go sit in a corner!

element

Dan Paladin is the creator of this. He runs a site called synj.net which had some great xmas cards a while back.

He also worked on Whacked! as the character artists and concepts. He has some of the strangest ideas. Quality stuff.

HAHA. This is from their FAQ.
Q: Are you guys hiring?

Not at the moment! We need to sell a few copies of Alien Hominid before we can consider expanding. Please don't send us your resume unless you worked on Gunstar Heroes.

jett

D-Member
Heh! Looks pretty damn cool, I love the rough look of the sprites. The only thing that needs work are the far-off backgrounds, like those mountains in the "snow" levels.

Senretsu

Steakery Cakery! lol!

This is the first I've heard of this game, looks awesome!

edit: just watched that video, good stuff

Soul4ger said:
Is it getting a simultaneous launch on the PS2 and GC?
Didn't ask but both games were equally playable on both of those platforms at Comicon so I'd assume yes. Have no idea about Xbox though.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
The flash game was kinda fun, as far as flash games go. A bit standard though, from what I can recall. Will be nice to see how much better it will look with a proper release though. :)

EDIT: Just read up on the game, seems like it will be very different and improved compared to the flash game. :)

Matlock

Banned
I wonder if the public will buy into a cutesy old-school shooter with M-rating-amounts-of-violence?

Maybe, maybe not.

But...I shall have it.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that looks amazing. metal slug meets earthworm jim, almost. with the best explosions i've ever seen. if it animates half as well as its drawn, i think my wee fanboy heart shall burst. and if it plays well...

nitewulf

DAAAAAAAMN, this game kicks ass....i never played it before!!!!
NICE!!!!! its totally gunstar heroes, with earthworm jim graphics/animation.
pretty hard though...

jarrod

Banned
I doubt SCEA will have a problem with it actually. They're pretty hit or miss, but I've got a good feeling about Alien Hominid...

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Unless the game is really bad, there's no reason Sony would shoot it down.
Not to imply SCEA only shoots down bad software, right? ;)

Really SCEA Product Approval is mystery, fluctuating standards and little direction. And everyone seems to be afraid of it. :/

I hope it controls better than the flash version. I have a hell of a time with the flash one. If this controls exactly like Metal Slug then it'll be golden.

I haven't even heard of this, but now I bleed for it!

Their website says they're aiming for a Thanksgiving release... like there wasn't enough games I had to buy in November... Gotta get this though. Yup.

Top Bottom