• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Romulus | Official Trailer

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Fuck that looks good

Wish I didn't watch it.

This and A Quiet Place: Day One and im good for my action/horror blockbuster for the year

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Completely devoid of anything original whatsoever. Pretty disappointed, as Alvarez is a talented film maker. Why not change the aesthetic a bit? Alter the character types? Why are we still seeing a rehash of the original movie? And why the TikTok cast? This used to be a franchise for adults.

I'll catch it on streaming. Maybe.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
So many hot takes lol, fuck me lads that looks incredible considering the shite Scott has been inflicting on us this looks like a breath of fresh air and exactly what the fans want (yeah I get the post above about the original cast looking like a bunch of long haulers instead of these "Insta" types but fuck it I'll take it) the effects look top notch and holy shit is that someone floating into a zero G acid cloud lol you just know Alvarez isn't gonna hold back on both the horror and the gore, I'm deffo there opening night for this one

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So many hot takes lol, fuck me lads that looks incredible considering the shite Scott has been inflicting on us this looks like a breath of fresh air and exactly what the fans want (yeah I get the post above about the original cast looking like a bunch of long haulers instead of these "Insta" types but fuck it I'll take it) the effects look top notch and holy shit is that someone floating into a zero G acid cloud lol you just know Alvarez isn't gonna hold back on both the horror and the gore, I'm deffo there opening night for this one
The special effects look incredible. The cast and cadence, not at all.

near

Gold Member
You can tell it's going to use the plot formula Ridley has used and abused with almost every Alien film. Insert crew in to space, add sex scene, someone is pregnant with Alien, Ripley or Ripley 2.0 survives to tell the tale. I think what might set this apart from the rest is Fede Alvarez's experience with the horror genre, and how he will be able to craft and evoke tension and fear. It might end up being the darkest and most grim Alien film to date, and it is because of this I am excited.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The special effects look incredible. The cast and cadence, not at all.
The cast is a hit or miss for me I'll wait to see the final movie, do I miss the good old days where the cast of Alien/The Thing looks like real human beings instead of models, sure but I'll take this over another Scott abomination and hopefully fingers crossed this does for the Alien franchise what Prey did for Predator

I ain't watching the trailer. I want to go in blind-ish. Reading up on the director's pedigree and knowing it's an Aliens movie is enough for me to give it a watch. Whether that's in theaters or online depends on word-of-mouth.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
You can tell it's going to use the plot formula Ridley has used and abused with almost every Alien film. Insert crew in to space, add sex scene, someone is pregnant with Alien, Ripley or Ripley 2.0 survives to tell the tale. I think what might set this apart from the rest is Fede Alvarez's experience with the horror genre, and how he will be able to craft and evoke tension and fear. It might end up being the darkest and most grim Alien film to date, and it is because of this I am excited.

Fuck man, when you put it like this, the Alien franchise really feels/is formulaic, no lies detected...

...and this is why I liked Prometheus, the setting, lore etc felt "fresh" at the time, shame then that Ridley managed to fuck it up in such a spectacular fashion, shit, just the fact with the exposition bit that Jesus Christ was an actual Engineer "product" was completely left out of the final cut during the Engineer/David/Weyland dialogue (amongst other interesting bits) tells you everything you need to know about Ridley not giving a fuck, that, and all the other idiotic bits to point of being almost comedic (Helmets off while exploring an alien installation on a remote planet, the "scientists" acting like 10 year olds, Rapace's AMAZING side-strafing while the alien spaceship comes crashing down on her etc etc)...
Also, what about half of Covenant's plot/beats/scenes which get shown only - wait for it - during YouTube promo material ? What about the amazing scenes that were written but never actually made it into the final movie ? You know, scenes that actually made sense and explained/explored the lore better ? (Arrival on Engineer planet, David's relationship with Shawn, how she put him back together, the grim experiments he performed on her, the fact that he actually felt like he fell in love with her etc etc).

FUCK man, there was SO much potential with both Prometheus and Covenant and yet, we got the explosive diarrhea(s) that Ridley delivered us.

I love the Alien franchise guys but, same as the Silent hill games, I'm just tired of getting disappointed, this trailer did nothing for me, yes, I know that I'm gonna watch it having 0 expectations.and it will still leave me disappointed.

It's basically Stockholm syndrome at this point.

Last edited:

Blackage

Everyone hating just likes those suckass Prometheus films.

I'm on board for this. Fede Álvarez has only gotten better at his craft with every movie he's directed.

I also like how little they're showing in the trailers.

Trilobit

This lowered my hype from 5/10 to maybe 3/10. Incredibly boring trailer. I think all of the cast will be non-descriptive California youths + one annoying Brit.

I long for a return to the original Alien with its oozing atmosphere and rather slow burn that gave us an opportunity to get to know the interesting crew, before shit hit the fan. This felt so generic in comparison.

Edit: Wow, I looked at it again and whatever you can her from the actress' voice paints a flat acting capability. Strange as she was very good in Civil War.

Last edited:
Top Bottom