• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alternate PSP design...

When PSP comes out people will open the damn thing, do some reengineering and steal some technology.

This is the beginning, I am not surprised.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
maskrider said:
That's mainland China, almost every famous/popular design is ripped. PSP is not alone.
Well, sure, but it looks like they may have produced an alternative that addresses many concerns about the PSP. I'll bet it has better battery life than the PSP and is cheaper to manufacture. Sony should just license this out from Lenovo!

maskrider

kaching said:
Well, sure, but it looks like they may have produced an alternative that addresses many concerns about the PSP. I'll bet it has better battery life than the PSP and is cheaper to manufacture. Sony should just license this out from Lenovo!

Heh ! You want to use a 3G phone to play (PS2 ported) PSP games ? Don't expect anything than a slide show (may be transit to another frame after a minute). :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Nah, not PS2 ported games...just normal cellphone games. That's one of the main complaints about the PSP after all...it's flying too close to the sun with its cutting edge tech specs for handheld gaming.

maskrider

kaching said:
Nah, not PS2 ported games...just normal cellphone games. That's one of the main complaints about the PSP after all...it's flying too close to the sun with its cutting edge tech specs for handheld gaming.

But you need to compare the likes to make sense out of it. :) anyway, if PSP can be a cell phone with an accessory, it may get my money earlier than when the white version came out.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
maskrider said:
But you need to compare the likes to make sense out of it. :)
Altavista is terrible at Chinese to English translations, but the original page that they took this from has some tantalizing references to full PDA functions and digital video. And if you look at the second picture on that page, there seems to be a reference to VGA OUT! This might be a formidable competitor than you think! If it's a PDA too (Lenovo seems to use Windows Mobile) then it may very well have a touch screen too - they could be looking to singlehandedly lock the PSP *and* DS out of the Chinese market ;)

http://www.pcgames.com.cn/tvgames/bao/news/0410/478715.html

maskrider

kaching said:
Altavista is terrible at Chinese to English translations, but the original page that they took this from has some tantalizing references to full PDA functions and digital video. And if you look at the second picture on that page, there seems to be a reference to VGA OUT! This might be a formidable competitor than you think! If it's a PDA too (Lenovo seems to use Windows Mobile) then it may very well have a touch screen too - they could be looking to singlehandedly lock the PSP *and* DS out of the Chinese market ;)

http://www.pcgames.com.cn/tvgames/bao/news/0410/478715.html

Most content are on the picture, not the words (I can read them for sure, I am from Hong Kong). They indicated 384Kbps max transfer rate, can go on line with the built-on software, can take videos (they call it DV, I think just a word abuse), has a VGA out and is compatible to Word/Excel/Outlook on PC, it is also a picture phone. But the picture is badly compressed that I cannot read much out of it.

Kon Tiki

Banned
snidepsp.gif

Top Bottom