• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I gonna get a problem at Gamestop...

I bought the MM collection for PS2 this sunday. The only copy they had was the display copy. I didn't get a chance to play it or even take it out of the bag till just now when I got home from work. I look at the back of the disk, it's dirty and has 4 cresent scratches on it.

If I go to return if will they give me a problem saying now that it's open I can't retrun it eventhough they opened it? Or make it sound like I'm trying to return a used game as new?

MoxManiac

Mine was a display copy too. At first I was pissed, but the clerk offered to take the stickers off, which he did (and did a good job) I inspected the game, and the CD was mint too, so I took it since it was in perfect condition.

Honestly though, if there had been anything wrong with the game (scratches, like yours, for example) I would have gone back and made a stink. I suggest you do the same. You paid for a new copy, and that's what you should have gotten.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gamestop/EB should just photocopy their game covers into a protective sheet thingy like how Toys R Us used to do in the past instead of opening a copy for each game and have it on display and sold later

B'z-chan

Banned
Honestly cant EB afford to make print outs? They have the full covers on the website for most games now. I hope they dont give you a big problem man.

cvxfreak

In Japan they photocopy with good quality and just hang the pictures on the wall. A perfect world would do that everywhere. :(

Wario64 said:
Gamestop/EB should just photocopy their game covers into a protective sheet thingy like how Toys R Us used to do in the past instead of opening a copy for each game and have it on display and sold later
Doesn't TRU just display empty boxes that come from the companies? That's what EB and Gamestop would do
if they didn't enjoy having what amounts to a free rental system for employees

Make sure to knock over a magazine rack if you don't get your way.

yes I know that's EB but it shouldn't apply just to them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I guess they have blank cases now. I meant way looooooooooooooong ago, when they used to have the 'ticket' system where you grab a ticket from the wall and you bring it to their game department. Then they grab the game from the back and give it to you after you pay for it at the checkout counter. Since there were no cases in the aisles for display, they would have a wall full of game covers, scanned back and front on display

Wario64 said:
I guess they have blank cases now. I meant way looooooooooooooong ago, when they used to have the 'ticket' system where you grab a ticket from the wall and you bring it to their game department. Then they grab the game from the back and give it to you after you pay for it at the checkout counter. Since there were no cases in the aisles for display, they would have a wall full of game covers, scanned back and front on display

I used to love that when going shopping for nintendo games

it was always exciting

Alcibiades

Wario64 said:

some stores used to have games in plastic cases, and now have those empy boxes, and/or a combination of both...

some stores still have flaps and all games are stored in the back...

Toys 'R Us stores just work differently depending on which you go to...

cvxfreak

The old TRU system was good. I really liked it but their current system works too. If only they would give discounts for games these days as everything always follows the MSRP no matter what, although their price matching policy is great.

fart

Savant
Great Wasabi Man said:
yeah I know. But I was in a rush, this was go in get the game and leave....and I was dsitracted by the cute clerks boobs.
make sure to tell them this. big brownie points there

evil ways

Great Wasabi Man said:
lol...I was also trying to figure out how old she was so I didn't feel like THAT much of a perv

If your Gamestops are anything like mine they should have Nintendo or Spider-Man lolipops right in the counter, so you can just say something like "Wow, those look nice, I would sure love to suck them" and get away with it.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
They won't say anything because they take those copies (the gutted game that's on the wall) home at night on the employee borrowing program. They deny it to the customers when you're buying the "new" copy though.

robot

Gamestop used to let us open any game, display or not, and take them home for a week (2 games at a time). They would then shrink it up and sell it as new. Good times.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
TRU ticket system-Best videogame shopping system ever. Take a ticket to some guy in a cage in the back of the store, get your game. Rock!

I still remember buying mega man 2. That game kicked ass. Where's my anniversary collection!?!

Gamestop shouldn't give you any problems especially if you're lucky enough to return it at the time the cute boobie clerk is there.

impirius

evil ways said:
If your Gamestops are anything like mine they should have Nintendo or Spider-Man lolipops right in the counter, so you can just say something like "Wow, those look nice, I would sure love to suck them" and get away with it.
Don't get the display lollipop, it's probably been rewrapped

evil ways said:

lol

WEEEHEEEHEEE!

I went to planet X which was closet to my job at lunch first hey were cool about it till I asked for credit since they didn't have any in stock of either the PS2 or NCG version. The manager made a clerk test it in the Kiosk. He jumped arond Gutsmans stage a couple of time and said it worked. So after work I wnet to aGamestop thatw as on the way home. Walked up to the counter, told the guy my story:

I got this at another gamestop, it was the last copy, a display copy. I went home it had scratches On It can I have a new one. The guy shook his head tunred around grabed a sealed one, took mine and said "here ya go..cya later" didn't even look at my recipt, or even blink an eye....almost like it's a normal thing at gamestop.

heh

sorry about the typos...I about to pass out...it's almost 2 am and I'm old

Alias03

Great Wasabi Man said:
yeah I know. But I was in a rush, this was go in get the game and leave....and I was dsitracted by the cute clerks boobs.

you dont happen to live in MN do you...LOL

Top Bottom