• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AM2 is dead. Long live AM2.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Although it thinks that there is also much more familiar one to the formal site of news and other Sega development separate companies, it has July 1, 2004 and SEGA-AM2 unifies with Sega. Since the company "SEGA-AM2, Inc." dies, it also ends this SEGA-AM2 formal site on July 1. July 1 or subsequent ones - The formal site, weekly-am2, and supporter ZURINKU of a game title All the pages of an except are closed. information to save -- the inside of now -- pleasing -- ! It does not know when since MOSSARI student き残っています is such a situation, weekly-am2 disappears. It is letter くれ within now! If it ! (smile) Is the contents which can answer, since it gives a lot, and I will introduce as much as possible, I need your help well. Also from the contents which cannot answer, since it surely sends to a person in charge, I am waiting. We send the recent state of the last as SEGA-AM2 to you by saying this time. It is such touch as the company in front of integration (is it different?)! ■ It is the last launch "SEGA-AM2 social gathering" holding as SEGA-AM2! President Kataoka who is no longer the president [ President ] is promoted to something again! As [ became / other than / some of / the president / anyhow / although there is a situation and public presentation was not completed ] (smile) ■ It is surrounded by the woman employee at a president harem 同 meeting, and is president satisfaction. ■ ! which becomes a planner's melancholy certain planner and the planner who can do a program -- declaring -- the programmer to "the first C language" -- also borrowing -- the place made to display it as "Hello" -- frustration ■ Seemingly the "Sega No. 3 hall" in which SEGA-AM2 lives is the influence of construction of the neighborhood attacked by intense pitch. Signs that there are those who feel it sensitive and do not notice a worried person at all. No, って which is shaking considerably! ■ Someone bought up short [ a stand in the company / a mystery ] ... In saying, it was AM2 information in front of integration. Please give me SEGA from now on!

http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/jp/wam2/2004/2004_06_29/2004_06_29_1.html

sad

MoxManiac

That's some thick engrish so I can't say for sure, but they aren't dying, they are just merging back into Sega, right?

GigaDrive

Banned
SEGA SEGA SEGA SEGA it's all SEGA anyway - just give me Shenmue III, Phantasy Star 5, Daytona USA 2 & 3, a real Altered Beast, and a new AfterBurner, ThunderBlade, Galaxy Force

SEGA forever

xsarien

daedsiluap
Christ, no games are dead, people. :p Sega's just making everyone work under the same damned roof, so to speak.

Suerte

Yossarian said:
SEGA won't be focusing on JSR or Samba anytime soon. They need to work on profitable games.

I need to dream.

are any of their games profitable these days? heh

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Yossarian said:
SEGA won't be focusing on JSR or Samba anytime soon. They need to work on profitable games.
Oh snap, but its true.

I was poking about the site and found this page:GALAXY FORCE SITE - MD VERSION

It just seems a little odd that they would put up a site for a Megadrive game that came out in 1991 when they didn't even do the port. I could understand if they maybe had a site for the arcade version... still, it's cool and funny at the same time, though I wonder why since they did this, why not put up sites for every AM2 port (MD, Genesis, Sat, etc) heh.

Damn I love Galaxy Force and we STILL haven't gotten an arcade perfect port of that game!! Saturn version is close but not good enough!! :mad

wipeout364

Maybe now the heads of Sega mini studios will stop acting like CEO's with bottomless pits of money and start actually thinking about where to invest their money. Naka with his hate on for PS2 was a prime example of how personal dislike influenced development, all these guys needed to be taken down a notch IMO. The Ledger can't run red forever.

wipeout364 said:
Maybe now the heads of Sega mini studios will stop acting like CEO's with bottomless pits of money and start actually thinking about where to invest their money. Naka with his hate on for PS2 was a prime example of how personal dislike influenced development, all these guys needed to be taken down a notch IMO. The Ledger can't run red forever.

I fucking hate Sony & the PS2 but I totally agree with you there.

segasonic

I saved the whole site with Offline Explorer. It had 13.000 files and over 1 Gigabyte of data on it :eek

R.I.P. AM2, greatest development studio on the planet.

Top Bottom