• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing Spider-Man Question (Calling Wilco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I've been reading Ultimate Spider-Man and I've really enjoyed it and it has made me want to try out Amazing Spider-Man. Before I try out the new issues I thought I would pick up some of the TPB editions of the old issues to catch up on the back story. When I searched on B&N they had two different lines of books.

The Essential Spider-Man
6516195.gif

Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man
6447455.gif

Are there any other differences between the two outside of the number of issues per TPB and Essential being black and white while Masterworks is in color? If there isn't I think I will go with Masterworks since the quality seems better.

Also I read somewhere there is an Evil Dead comic in the works. What is the word on that?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Masterworks are supposedly better in quality and the Essentials is much cheaper. If you start reading new Amazing issues, so you're warned, they've relaunched the series and pretty much erased most of the continuity post-Clone Saga.

Yeah, there's an Evil Dead comic in the works. If it'll be any good is anybody's guess, but it's not like they've got marquee talent working on it, so take that for what it's worth.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Willco said:
Masterworks are supposedly better in quality and the Essentials is much cheaper. If you start reading new Amazing issues, so you're warned, they've relaunched the series and pretty much erased most of the continuity post-Clone Saga.

Yeah, there's an Evil Dead comic in the works. If it'll be any good is anybody's guess, but it's not like they've got marquee talent working on it, so take that for what it's worth.

Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom